New in version 6.0.0
November 25th, 2014
- new type of report template called "report book" was added, in which sections are made of parts instead of bands; parts are external report templates, similar to subreports, and allow creation of documents with variable page size and/or orientation; parts can be displayed on separate tabs by report viewers and simplify creation of "table of contents" structures in which parts that appear early in the document are actually filled/rendered later during the report filling process (see evaluationTime attribute of part);
- new JSON metadata exporter added, similar to the XLS and CSV metadata exporters in which the values that need to be exported have to be marked-up using configuration properties at text element level;
- upgrade to iText version 5.5.0 in the PDF exporter;
- upgrade to POI version 3.10.1 in the XLS exporter and data source;
- minor bug fixes and improvements.
New in version 5.6.1 (October 28th, 2014)
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
New in version 5.5.1 (February 11th, 2014)
- This release introduces a build-in parameter for access to configuration context during report filling, improved localization support for date-time and text processing functions, and various other bug fixes and improvements.
New in version 5.5.0 (October 24th, 2013)
- This release comes with enhanced Web Framework APIs for interactive reporting, while introducing interactive sorting to crosstabs and additional interactive formatting options to tables.
- It also brings support for Web fonts and support for markers and paths in map component, along with other bugfixes and improvements.
New in version 5.2.0 (July 6th, 2013)
- This release introduces support for custom functions in report expressions, significant performance improvements in large reports, and many other bugfixes and enhancements.
New in version 5.1.0 (April 30th, 2013)
- This release comes with enhanced support for markers in the Google map component, a feature-complete layered HTML exporter, and other bugfixes and improvements.
New in version 5.0.4 (April 6th, 2013)
- This release introduced enhanced HTML and ODS exporters, better control over hyperlink rendering in the different export formats, an advanced virtualizer implementation, and various bugfixes and improvements.
New in version 5.0.1 (January 4th, 2013)
- This release comes with enhancements for the XLS/XLSX exporters and XLS/XLSX data adapters and various other bugfixes and improvements.
New in version 5.0.0 (November 22nd, 2012)
- This version comes with enhanced performance in text measuring and subreport template caching at report fill time, and various bugfixes and improvements.