New in version 4.2.4
December 19th, 2014
- Bug fixes:
- JPPF-340 Deadlock on task completion
- JPPF-342 Uncontrolled incrementing of idle node count
- JPPF-343 Use of log4j2 with console appender causes slave node to hang
- JPPF-344 Server deadlock with many slave nodes
- JPPF-345 Shutdown vs. Provisioning race condition causes duplicate nodes with incomplete tasks
- JPPF-346 Make JPPFManagementInfo immutable
New in version 4.2.3 (October 21st, 2014)
- JPPF-327 Node deadlock when shutting it down
- JPPF-329 Inconsistent classloading in org.jppf.client.balancer.ChannelWrapperRemote
- JPPF-333 Server statistics report incorrect inbound traffic from nodes and clients
- JPPF-335 NPE in JMXConnectionWrapper.getAttribute()
- JPPF-337 Deadlock upon closing the administration console
- JPPF-338 Issues with recovery of peer server connections
- JPPF-339 Driver log full of null pointer exception traces
New in version 4.0 (January 14th, 2014)
- JPPF 4.0 brings volunteer computing, dynamic scripting, easier configuration management, awesome new demos, and a lot more.
New in version 4.0 RC1 (January 4th, 2014)
- This version is feature-complete and passes all automated tests.
- Performance tests, stress tests, and load tests are still ongoing and may result in code updates and fixes, however no public API or implemented feature will be changed in the final release.
New in version 4.0 Beta (December 3rd, 2013)
- Bug fixes:
- JPPFConfiguration constructor and getConfigurationStream() method should be private
- Missing batching of class loading requests in class loading doc
- Class loader enhancements: client channel requests
- Apply data transformation and serialization scheme to JMX data
- Fully automate unit testing for the J2EE connector
- Generalize the tasks exception property to Throwable type
- Improve handling of deserialization errors in the nodes
- Add the 'jppf.' preffix to the configuration properties that miss it
- Feature requests:
- Ability to export statistics
- Ability for the nodes to work offline
- Class loader statistics
- Data transfer statistics
- Make the client dynamically configurable
- Refactor the client and node APIs to use Task instead of JPPFTask
- Provide a more flexible mechanism for custom serialization extension
- Add Wikipedia database word count as a sample
- JCA connector: provide a mechanism for reconfiguration of the client without restart of the app server
- Ability to change the admin console layout
- Ability to include external configuration in the JPPF configuration
- Optimize deserialization errors handling in the node
- Timeout of bundles dispatched to the nodes
- Ability to associate a screen saver with a node
- Extend the JPPF network protocol to enable properly closing the network connections
- Built-in ability for the tasks to send notifications during execution
- Drop support for OC4J app server in the JCA connector
- Ability to reset the JPPF client
- Regroup NodeLifeCycleListener and NodeLifeCycleListenerEx into a single interface
- Refactor the entire statistics and performance monitoring APIs
- Provide an API for easily implementing simple hooks in any area
- Refactor the client API so that standalone and JCA client use the same code
- Move "jdk7 add-ons" to the "common" module
- Genericize the get methods of dictionary types
- Create minimal set of unit tests for SSL/TLS configurations
- Create minimal set of unit tests for multi-server configurations
- Document the API changes between 3.3 and 4.0
New in version 3.3.7 (November 28th, 2013)
- Bug fixes:
- JPPF-198 Issues with multi-server topologies
- JPPF-199 Regression causes JPPFTask.compute() to throw a ClassCastException
- JPPF-200 Documentation incorrectly states that idle socket timeout is working for server and nodes
- JPPF-203 Class loader resource cache generates duplicate resources
New in version 4.0 Alpha 2 (October 19th, 2013)
- This alpha release brings major new features and enhancements.
- A new offline mode for the nodes increases scalability by an order of magnitude and makes JPPF ideal for volunteer computing.
- A new Wikipedia work count sample demonstrates how to tackle big data.
- Error handling and reporting from the nodes is now easier than ever.
- Performance was significantly increased in many areas.
- Automated test coverage has vastly increased.
New in version 3.3.6 (September 21st, 2013)
- This maintenance release brings important bugfixes and enhancements, including increased security options for SSL authentication and a significant improvement of the distributed class loader performance.
New in version 3.3.3 (June 15th, 2013)
- This maintenance release brings important bug fixes.