December 9th, 2010
· Show a minimized icon, defined in the project, in the installer and updater.
· Allow the updater to run silently when -q passed as first parameter.
· Fixed auto-starting an app on Windows as the current user.
· Escape special characters, such as ampersand, in Mac Info.plist.
· Add and delete a non-java app configured for all users on Windows.
· Added icon to the custom class which creates Windows uninstaller menu item.
· Fixed a bug in native installers when an S or Q was preceded by a space in the Application name.
· Removed the extension of the native Linux and Solaris installers.
· Improved support for Ubuntu and Knoppix.
· Disable "Run as admin" check box if menu is not a java app.
October 15th, 2010
· Create 64 bit native Windows and Linux installers.
· Remove the install directory on Windows at the end of uninstall, instead of on reboot.
· Change how the uninstaller is launched on Windows.
· Remove trailing dash in installer names, if no version specified.
· Fixed auto start menu items on Windows 7.
July 26th, 2010
· Added a dynamic window to see the installed directory's layout in the Advanced interface.
· Added a button to view the installed directory layout from the Wizard.
· Added a View button to see which files are being added from a local directory.
· Added an Edit button to change which files are being added from a local directory.
· Added unattended properties for changing the update url and upload directory.
· If none of a menu's icons exist while building installers, report an error.
· Moved buttons on the Menu's panel.
· Disable the auto update button for a menu if it's not a java command.
· Warn the user if they tried to create an Updater without any menus.
April 12th, 2010
· Added Support panel so users can send messages requesting help.
· Changed the Advanced interface to use a menu instead of tabs.
· Detect if there's nothing to do when Build button clicked.
· Fixed a bug starting a java app with the console visible on Windows.
· Include Pack200 and Unpack200 classes.
· Added removeWindowsService() to CustomUninstaller in JExpress API.
· Use InstallUtil, when available, to install Windows services.
· Added custom class to install auto startup menus as services.
· Use PNG file as icon for Windows menu if ICO file not found.
· Renamed the following panels in the Advanced interface
· Appearance to Layout; Groups to Organize; Distribution to Upload; Messages to Status; and Classes to Java classes
· Added titles to the panels in both the Wizard and Advanced interfaces.
· Show the current look and feel in the menu on startup.
· Fix bad links in manual when viewed in some JREs.
March 19th, 2010
· Fixed a bug with the Windows menus.
· Changed the order of the parameters in the WindowsMenus API for some of the addDesktopShortcut methods.
· Automatically delete the Hello World build directory when uninstalled.
March 11th, 2010
· Fixed a bug in the updater's manifest if updating Updater.
· Re-enabled logging to jex.log, if present.
· Added Update button to JExpress trial.
September 3rd, 2009
· JExpress now lets you create Java Web Start installers. This means that your customers can simply click on a link to start the installer.
· You also can maintain multiple servers for different versions and updates are automatically downloaded from the original server.
December 4th, 2008
· Spanish translations were improved.
· The example Ant build files were changed to reference JExpressAdvanced.
· The URL for the table of contents was updated.
September 16th, 2008
· A null pointer which was encountered when creating a menu without an icon was fixed.
August 28th, 2008
· JAR files can be automatically compressed and expanded using Pack 200.
· Additionally, installers, uninstallers, and updaters include translations for Chinese, Simplified Chinese, and Traditional Chinese.