New in version 7.7.8
December 9th, 2010
- Show a minimized icon, defined in the project, in the installer and updater.
- Allow the updater to run silently when -q passed as first parameter.
- Fixed auto-starting an app on Windows as the current user.
- Escape special characters, such as ampersand, in Mac Info.plist.
- Add and delete a non-java app configured for all users on Windows.
- Added icon to the custom class which creates Windows uninstaller menu item.
- Fixed a bug in native installers when an S or Q was preceded by a space in the Application name.
- Removed the extension of the native Linux and Solaris installers.
- Improved support for Ubuntu and Knoppix.
- Disable "Run as admin" check box if menu is not a java app.
New in version 7.7.6 (October 15th, 2010)
- Create 64 bit native Windows and Linux installers.
- Remove the install directory on Windows at the end of uninstall, instead of on reboot.
- Change how the uninstaller is launched on Windows.
- Remove trailing dash in installer names, if no version specified.
- Fixed auto start menu items on Windows 7.
New in version 7.7.3 (July 26th, 2010)
- Added a dynamic window to see the installed directory's layout in the Advanced interface.
- Added a button to view the installed directory layout from the Wizard.
- Added a View button to see which files are being added from a local directory.
- Added an Edit button to change which files are being added from a local directory.
- Added unattended properties for changing the update url and upload directory.
- If none of a menu's icons exist while building installers, report an error.
- Moved buttons on the Menu's panel.
- Disable the auto update button for a menu if it's not a java command.
- Warn the user if they tried to create an Updater without any menus.
New in version 7.6.5 (April 12th, 2010)
- Added Support panel so users can send messages requesting help.
- Changed the Advanced interface to use a menu instead of tabs.
- Detect if there's nothing to do when Build button clicked.
- Fixed a bug starting a java app with the console visible on Windows.
- Include Pack200 and Unpack200 classes.
- Added removeWindowsService() to CustomUninstaller in JExpress API.
- Use InstallUtil, when available, to install Windows services.
- Added custom class to install auto startup menus as services.
- Use PNG file as icon for Windows menu if ICO file not found.
- Renamed the following panels in the Advanced interface
- Appearance to Layout; Groups to Organize; Distribution to Upload; Messages to Status; and Classes to Java classes
- Added titles to the panels in both the Wizard and Advanced interfaces.
- Show the current look and feel in the menu on startup.
- Fix bad links in manual when viewed in some JREs.
New in version 7.6.3 (March 19th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug with the Windows menus.
- Changed the order of the parameters in the WindowsMenus API for some of the addDesktopShortcut methods.
- Automatically delete the Hello World build directory when uninstalled.
New in version 7.6.2 (March 11th, 2010)
- Fixed a bug in the updater's manifest if updating Updater.
- Re-enabled logging to jex.log, if present.
- Added Update button to JExpress trial.
New in version 7.5 (September 3rd, 2009)
- JExpress now lets you create Java Web Start installers. This means that your customers can simply click on a link to start the installer.
- You also can maintain multiple servers for different versions and updates are automatically downloaded from the original server.
New in version 7.2.4 (December 4th, 2008)
- Spanish translations were improved.
- The example Ant build files were changed to reference JExpressAdvanced.
- The URL for the table of contents was updated.
New in version 7.2.3 (September 16th, 2008)
- A null pointer which was encountered when creating a menu without an icon was fixed.