February 12th, 2013
· Adapt the display to the maximum pid width
· Include both total and actual disk bandwidth in the summary
· Conversion to Python 3
· Installation to sbin instead of bin
October 31st, 2011
· Cosmetic fixes, including a better error message when missing root credentials
March 29th, 2011
· The netlink message parsing code was fixed to accept alignment padding.
· UTF-8 output is now forced even if the locale is misconfigured.
· The semantic of the 'a' key was changed to show stats since iotop was started.
December 15th, 2010
· There is a workaround for an ncurses bug where UTF-8 strings are misprinted.
· Ioprio support for the armel and hppa architectures was added.
· A possible incompatibility with Linux 2.6.37 on 64-bit systems was fixed.
· Iotop does not crash anymore when the locale is incorrectly configured.
June 27th, 2010
· Fixed a portability bug.
· Missing requirements are better reported.
June 11th, 2009
· Fixed the ioprio syscall detection when running on i386/x86_64
· Fixed interaction between --accumulated and --only
· Fixed column sorting with --accumulated
May 4th, 2009
· -P is now fully implemented and is dynamically toggled with 'p'
· Show the I/O priority
· Added the --accumulated, --kilobytes, --time and --quiet options