New in version 14.0
May 6th, 2015
- Backend operating system switched to Debian 8 Jessie, so a new world of hardware compatibility is born.
- Adobe Flash removed (latest Chromium versions do not support it).
New in version 12.0 (May 21st, 2014)
- Added the possibility to lower resolution (it defaults to highest possible).
- Debian 7.5 backend upgrade; most important updates follow.
- Printer drivers updated.
- Chromium version 34.
- Adobe Flash plugin is no more: it is now replaced by Chrome Pepper Flash plugin.
New in version 11.4 (April 7th, 2014)
- Backend updated as of 2014-04-05.
New in version 11.3 (February 11th, 2014)
- Backend updated to Debian 7.4
New in version 11.2 (December 17th, 2013)
- Backend updated to Debian 7.3.
New in version 11.1 (November 26th, 2013)
- Fixed Portuguese and Russian Libreoffice locales.
New in version 11.0 (November 8th, 2013)
- Admin interface makeover;
- Dutch locale added.
New in version 10.5 (October 15th, 2013)
- Backend updated to Debian 7.2.0;
- Extensions icons fix.
New in version 10.4 (October 11th, 2013)
- Some localization bugs fixed;
- Added battery status information (on admin interface).
New in version 10.3 (September 18th, 2013)
- Modifiable screensaver image.
New in version 10.2 (September 2nd, 2013)
- Bugfix release: several bugs fixed.
New in version 10 (August 19th, 2013)
- domains whitelist: it's possible to restrict access to a list of domains;
- possibility to enable or disable external USB devices mounting.
New in version 9.2 (July 3rd, 2013)
- Initial inclusion of Plymouth bootsplash for better-looking bootstrap.
New in version 9.0 (June 14th, 2013)
- Added Czech, Portuguese and Russian locales.
- IWK/UB can now be used to browse contents within local network only (Internet access was previously mandatory).
New in version 8.0 (June 5th, 2013)
- Portuguese language support;
- Update to Debian 7 stable complete.
New in version 8.0 (May 8th, 2013)
- Settings persistence is preserved even for non-USB devices. This means that IWK/UB live image is now fully installable on hard drive, maintaining the security of an inalterable OS!
- Customizable proxy settings.
New in version 7.0 (April 23rd, 2013)
- Maintenance screen simplified.
New in version 6.0 (April 8th, 2013)
- Duck Duck Go partnership.
New in version 4.2 (March 9th, 2013)
- Chrome home directory can be made persistent (password protected feature); this means that custom settings, extension, bookmarks, history and so on, can be saved!
- Halt and reboot system via the admin interface;
- Admin password management (password can now be enabled or disabled and modified);
- Printer settings persistence;
- Screensaver on|off.
New in version 4.0 (February 11th, 2013)
- Changed build infrastructure;
- Reduced ISO size;
- More office file supported;
- Some "Productivity" features added.
New in version 3.4.1 (December 10th, 2012)
- nVidia drivers support
- New graphics for management screen