New in version 13
November 14th, 2013
- Network Time Protocol synchronization and local time zones configuration.
- Instructions added for a pseudo-navigation panel, Chrome view (useful when managing pop-ups in the digital signage view is needed).
New in version 12.0 (November 8th, 2013)
- Debian 7.2.0 update.
- Browser resetting feature bug fixed (Firefox view).
- Extensions icons bugfix.
- Better virtual keyboard, which now is displayed only when text input is needed (and
- feature enabled, of course). Thanks to Stephen Wille Padnos.
- Autostarting kiosk is now aborted by a mouse click and not by a mouse movement in
- the initial interface (many requested). Exactly the same as the Raspberry Digital
- Signage behaviour.
New in version 11.0 (August 26th, 2013)
- optional added navigation bar (with home and browser-reset buttons);
- fixed media view big&ugly bugs (on reboot network is not initialized and mouse hided itself even in admin interface);
- printing capability added (useful in Chrome view);
- screen blanking timeout fixed in order to work on all systems.
New in version 10.0 (July 10th, 2013)
- new: slideshow & video kiosk mode;
- optional screenblanking after an user-specified time;
- plymouth inclusion for better-looking bootstrap.
New in version 9.2 (June 18th, 2013)
- New languages supportrd: Czech, Portoguese, Russian. Spanish
- (Firefox bugfix).
New in version 9.0 (June 3rd, 2013)
- screen resolution preferences (previously IWK/EDS always opened at highest resolution available);
- update to Debian 7 stable complete.
New in version 8.0 (May 21st, 2013)
- HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION. Settings persistence is preserved even
- for non-USB devices. This means that IWK/EDS live image is now fully installable on
- hard drive, maintaining the security of an inalterable OS!
- Customizable proxy settings.
- Domains whitelist: it's possible to restrict access to a whitelist of domains
- Machine unque id (MAC address), sent via GET parameter to the target URL, can now
- be disabled.
- Admin interface refactory.
- AdBlock Plus and popup-block active by default in Chrome view.
New in version 7.0 (April 23rd, 2013)
New in version 5.0 (March 27th, 2013)
- password management;
- remote system management (SSH);
- network check method changed: now it's possible for IWK to work within LAN only (no Internet access required).