May 21st, 2013
· HARD DRIVE INSTALLATION. Settings persistence is preserved even
· for non-USB devices. This means that IWK/EDS live image is now fully installable on
· hard drive, maintaining the security of an inalterable OS!
· Customizable proxy settings.
· Domains whitelist: it's possible to restrict access to a whitelist of domains
· Machine unque id (MAC address), sent via GET parameter to the target URL, can now
· be disabled.
· Admin interface refactory.
· AdBlock Plus and popup-block active by default in Chrome view.
April 23rd, 2013
· New admin interface.
March 27th, 2013
· password management;
· remote system management (SSH);
· network check method changed: now it's possible for IWK to work within LAN only (no Internet access required).
February 26th, 2013
· Completely changed build infrastructure;
· It's possible to disable mouse and keyboard input (for paranoid security);
· Halt system at scheduled hour.
December 10th, 2012
· nVidia drivers support
· New graphics for management screen
October 4th, 2012
· strict kiosk mode enforced and now tagged as stable;
· no TCP/UDP services accepting connections from the outside;
· only most common known unsupported file types filtered - avoids incompatibilities;
· power management basics;
· 2012-09-20 Debian backend update.
September 19th, 2012
· borderless interface;
· strick kiosk mode for web kiosks with restricted view and digital signage;
· auto-reload browser home page if idle time exceedes limits;
· quick deletion of usersâ personal data, just closing browser window.
September 8th, 2012
· Wireless support.
August 16th, 2012
· all known unsupported file types filtered â allowed are: html, xml, gif, jpeg, png, psd, mpeg, mp3, mp4, avi, wmv, wma, asf, mov, 3gp, ogg, ogm, mkv, rm, wav, dts, aac, flc, flv, midi, pdf, csv, doc, xls, ppt, rtf, odt, ods, odp, and zip;
· if network is unreachable (no valid net interface found on system), Chrome defaults to IWK settings page (where you can change Ethernet settings and WiFi network settings in the near future);
· Debian Wheezy updated, 2012-08-01.
July 4th, 2012
· complete internationalization, incuding Chinese and Japanese languages as well as input methods;
· Instant WebKiosk went on a diet: LibreOffice and Evince have been replaced by cloud services Google Docs and ZOHO.