New in version 5.34
February 7th, 2014
- This version has itrans automatically pass through extended Unicode (non-ASCII) UTF-8 chars from the input.
- There was a problem in that CSX codes like 0o342 (0xE2) for AA end up breaking up Unicode double quote (0xE2 0x80 0x9C) and causing invalid UTF-8 output.
- This release suppresses "Note... echoing to output" messages from itrans output, unless -v is provided.
- Please note that Windows is no longer supported. The last pre-built version it has is ITRANS 3.2.
New in version 5.32 (February 23rd, 2011)
- This version fixes Kannada, Telugu Unicode UTF-8 output. It was not correct for conjunct consonants and vowels.
New in version 5.31 (January 28th, 2010)
- The only addition to this release is the support for Unicode UTF-8 output. Unicode output is supported for Oriya and Malyalam also, in addition to all the scripts supported for the TeX interface. Scripts supported for Unicode: Bengali, Devanagari (Hindi/Marathi/Sanskrit), Gurmukhi (Punjabi), Oriya, Malayalam, Romanized Sanskrit, Tamil, Telugu.
- ITRANS package itself does not include any Unicode fonts, so this feature is useful only on systems that have a Unicode font for Indian Languages.