New in version 1.0.0
February 18th, 2015
- 3rdparty: Support for QHY CCDs and CFWs (BETA).
- 3rdparty: Support for Meade DSI (BETA).
- 3rdparty: Support for FFMV cameras.
- Support for STAR2000.
- Support for Baader dome.
- Support for Baader SteelDrive focuser.
- Support for dome slaving (BETA).
- Subframing and debayer support in GPhoto driver.
- Improved CFW handling and external tracking CCD for SBIG CCDs.
- Add debayer support for color cameras with user-configurable options. Debayer is performed at the client level.
- Fixed deinterlacing and subframing support in Starlight Xpress drivers.
- Fixed issues with joystick support in some drivers. Added joystick support to focuser and filter wheels.
- Improvements in generation of FITS header.
- Improvement in performance of some drivers under SBCs like Raspberry PI.
- Added fan and readout speed controls to QSI CCD.
- Fixed locale issue in INDI driver.
- Fixed regression in LX200Basic driver.
- Fixed issue with INDI Server resetting environment variable for skeleton and config files.
- Various fixes for loading/saving of user configuration.
New in version 0.9.7 (November 16th, 2013)
- Support for EQMod and ATIK CCD drivers in Linux and OSX.
- Joystick support for telescope drivers.
- Improved telescope and focuser drivers.
New in version 0.9.6 (November 20th, 2012)
- This version supports the Starlight Xpress Adaptive Optics unit, Arduino boards (with customizable drivers for common observatory auxiliary devices), and the GPUSB Guide Port Interface.
- It improves support for Startlight Xpress CCDs and Filter wheels.
New in version 0.9.5 (August 18th, 2012)
- Major improvements to INDI Base and Client libraries, bugfixes in LX200, Magellan, and Celestron drivers, a new focuser simulator, and improvements to the existing simulator suite.
New in version 0.9.1 (March 21st, 2012)
- This version minor bugfix release fixes compilation issues on non-Linux OSes.
New in version 0.9.0 (January 16th, 2012)
- INDI::Base drivers are now used for most classes of astronomical instruments.
- New iEQ45 GoTo German Equatorial Mount Driver.
- New improved QSI CCD & Filter driver.
- New improved Starlight Xpress CCD & Filter driver.
- New improved RoboFocus driver.
- libboost is no longer required to build libindi.
- Improved support for building on non-Linux OSes.
- Numerous bug fixes and minor improvements.
New in version 0.8.0 (June 7th, 2011)
- Support for new devices.
- Starlight Xpress CCD and Filter Wheel.
- EQ Synscan Mount.
- TCFS Focuser.
- QSI CCD.
- Radio Astronomy Supplies Spectracyber Hydrogen Line Spectrometer.
New in version 0.7.1 (November 11th, 2010)
- A change filter bug in the true technology filter wheel was fixed.
- INDI::Mediator functionality was improved, and buffer reading in INDI::BaseClient was fixed among other miscellaneous fixes.
New in version 0.7 (November 6th, 2010)
- Dynamic renaming of drivers upon run time: indiserver currently sends clients a static name of the driver, which is usually hard-coded in the driver source code. This presents a dilemma for identical drivers that need to run simultaneously. Suppose we have an encoder driver and two encoder devices (e.g. Alt & Az encoders). As it stands now, the driver cannot change its name (e.g. "ENCODER") to (e.g. "AZ_ENCODER") on run time. In libindi v0.7, indiserver supports dynamic renaming of drivers.
- Standard helper API to create and utilize INDI clients: Sometimes it is necessary for a meta driver to act as client to other drivers (i.e. ability to send commands). Prior to v0.7, this mundane task was done manually. Now with the aid of helper classes, it is a trivial task.
- Ability to load driver properties from an external XML file. No need to hard code properties any more!
- Ability to write/read XML configuration files for driver values to be loaded at run time: Long requested feature is now at works! In libindi v0.7, all drivers under the new framework can automatically read and save XML configuration files for startup values or last-setup values.
- Facilitating debugging and simulation of drivers.
- New C++ framework to facilitate the development of new INDI drivers.
- Multitude of new 3rd party drivers!
- Several bug fixes for current drivers and framework.
New in version 0.6 (November 25th, 2008)
- Astrophysics mount support.
- SBIG and Apogee driver support and enhancements.
- A new modular build to support 3rd party drivers.
- An updated API to facilitate scripting and automation of drivers.