New in version 5.5.4
August 8th, 2013
- A new ShareCallFailures feature, improvements to faxmail operation, improved resiliency for proxy connections, detection of the Ghostscript version being used and automatic adjustment of formatting options, a fix for a job blocking problem caused by formatting errors, new features in hfaxd, and bugfixes.
New in version 5.5.3 (February 26th, 2013)
- This version includes several fixes and enhancements for the faxq proxy feature.
- A "MaxConcurrentCalls: 0" feature was added.
- There were various other improvements.
New in version 5.5.2 (October 15th, 2012)
- fix buggy JobControl assignment of Modem (24 Sep 2012)
- clean up some compiler warnings due to type formatting (24 Sep 2012)
- support TSI specification in config files (28 Aug 2012)
- make faxq proxy read hyla.conf (25 Jul 2012)
- cause sendfax -w to produce meaningful return values and display any failure message (18 Jul 2012)
- create timeout for client commands to non-responsive servers (9, 18 Jul 2012)
- check for modem write error before attempting DCN (2 Jul 2012)
- fix JobRequeueError and JobRetryError (28 Jun 2012)
- handle config files that may not end with a newline (28 Jun 2012)
- handle RING detected after dialing (28 Jun 2012)
- add wchar_t support (28 Jun 2012)
- add job timezone feature for tagline formatting (25 Jun, 3 Oct 2012)
- avoid infinite loop in faxmail handling of application/octet-stream attachments (20 Jun 2012)
- add Class1RestrictPoorDestinations feature (18 Jun 2012)
- add dataSent and dataMissed info features (18 Jun 2012)
- add Class1RestrictPoorSenders feature (14 Jun 2012)
- add senderDataSent and senderDataMissed info features (13 Jun 2012)
- add filename typing capability in typerules (11 Jun 2012)
- use -dUseCropBox in FIXEDWIDTH by default (25 Apr 2012)
- fix JobRetryOther and JobReqOther so they work (14 Mar 2012)
- allow tiffcheck to tolerate 2mm extra length (8 Mar 2012)
- retrieve associated session logs from proxy server (2 Mar 2012)
- build and install faxfetch (29 Feb 2012)
- improve euid detection in faxsetup (14 Feb 2012)
- add LiberationSans-25.pcf fonts, use it by default instead of lutRS18.pcf, and set TagLineLocale appropriately (13 Feb 2012)
- add FILETYPE "none" option for FaxDispatch (6 Feb 2012)
- add support for Little CMS v2 (30 Jan 2012)
- add JobControl ProxyUser and ProxyPass options (27 Jan 2012)
- fix CCTO and BCCTO for faxrcvd (26 Jan 2012)
- prevent more problems due to corrupt sendq/doneq files (23 Jan 2012)
New in version 5.4.3 (October 18th, 2010)
- The faxadduser -c option was added. hasV34Trouble is detected for Class 1.0 "OK" dial responses.
- Building for gcc-4.5 was fixed.
- The system regex library is used by default instead.
- In faxmail's PDF MIMEConverter, non-letter images are scaled onto letter pages instead of cutting off parts of them.
- In Class 1 sending ECM after CTC/CTR, the dataTimeout is adjusted to the new bitrate.
- The Class1ECMCheckFrameLength configuration option was added.
- The faxmail quoted-printable boundary check was improved.
- -dMaxStripSize=0 is used with Ghostscript calls.
New in version 5.3.0 (October 26th, 2009)
- A config option (usually -O) was added to the clients.
- The -c option was added for hfaxd and faxq.
- Jobs are properly unblocked when job preparation fails.
- PostscriptTimeout format failures were made visible.
- The auto-rotate.ps utility script was added.
- The dialrules-pabx.be sample was added.
- The "bindaddressfamily" option was added to hfaxd and defaults to IPv4.
- Ghostscript 8.64 font aliases are supported.
- Echo of PPS when sending is handled.
- Detection of disabled Mac OS X (Darwin) realtime scheduling was improved.
- IPv6 support was added.
New in version 5.2.9 (March 1st, 2009)
- Cases where the modem may "ignore" an ATA from HylaFAX are now handled better.
- A problem involving JBIG attempts using non-JBIG Class 2.0 modems was fixed.
- The --disable-ldap and --disable-jbig options for configure were added.
- A divide-by-zero error in additional logging from 5.2.8 is avoided.
New in version 5.2.8 (December 21st, 2008)
- add support for DSO on SCO
- fix handling of CRP receipt after CFR in non-ECM receive
- log number and percentage of frames bad after PPS
- fail receive if TIFF write error occurs
- initialize dataTimeout for TCF
- properly remove dialtest and typetest in 'make uninstall'
- add "-q spool" option for faxcron
- add i537ep modem configuration template
- use JobProtection to be default file permissions for sendq/doneq files
- prevent faxq from reusing old prepared image files from other jobs
- make faxstate "DOWN" persist through a faxq modem release
- avoid collissions in hash code
- add hfaxd -D sleep option
- add IgnoreModemBusy and AllowIgnoreModemBusy experimental features enabling sending of jobs to incoming calls