July 12th, 2012
· This version adds minor bugfixes.
June 28th, 2012
· This version fixes a bug in some Fortran functions which caused them to return the wrong status code on success.
May 1st, 2012
· This version fixes h5diff to validate links only if --follow-symlinks is specified, and fixes a coredump in h5unjam when showing version details.
April 25th, 2012
· In h5unjam, a sefgault when using the -V (show version) option is fixed.
· In h5repack, a failure when changing the chunk size of a specified chunked dataset with an unlimited maximum number of dimensions is fixed.
April 18th, 2012
· This version updates the Fortran wrapper for newer API calls.
· It fixes an oversized data sieve buffer.
· There are assorted minor bugfixes.
January 8th, 2012
· This version fixes a segfault which could occur when shrinking a dataset with chunks larger than 1 MB, and adds assorted minor bugfixes and cleanups.
December 16th, 2011
· This version adds Fortran wrappers for Dimension Scale APIs, and bugfixes, including some for rare segfaults.
November 30th, 2011
· Minor bugfixes.
November 15th, 2011
· This version adds assorted bugfixes.
October 7th, 2011
· This version adds assorted bugfixes.
September 2nd, 2011
· Special Collective I/O and Complex Derived Datatype MPI functionality are now always enabled.
· Backwards compatibility with the 1.6 fix.
· Windows compatibility fixes.
· Improved sanity checking of tools.
January 4th, 2011
· This version adds support for thread safety on Windows using the Windows threads library.
· It removes all old code for Metraowerks compilers.
· H5Tset_order and H5Tget_order now support all data types.
· A bug preventing closing a data set if a mandatory filter failed has been fixed.
· A crash when accessing a file via a broken link has been fixed.
· There are code speedups.
June 29th, 2010
· This version improves the performance of the chunk cache by avoiding unnecessary b-tree lookups of chunks already in cache.
· It improves MPI-2 support.
· It improves support for 64-bit data types.
· Memory leaks have been fixed.
April 1st, 2010
· Files can now be concurrently opened more than once using the core file driver, as long as the backing store is used. (NAF - 2010/03/09)
· Added support for H5O_COPY_EXPAND_EXT_LINK_FLAG to H5Ocopy. External links will now be expanded if this flag is set. (NAF - 2010/03/05 - 1733)
· Fixed a bug where the library, when traversing an external link, would reopen the source file if nothing else worked. (NAF - 2010/03/05)
· Fixed an intermittent bug in the b-tree code which could be triggered by expanding and shrinking chunked datasets in certain ways. (NAF - 2010/02/16)
· H5Tdetect_class said a VL string is a string type. But when it's in a compound type, it said it's a VL type (Bug #1584). I fixed it to be consistent. It always return string type. (SLU - 2009/12/10)
· Fixed a bug where writing and deleting many global heap objects (i.e. variable length data) would render the file unreadable. Previously created files exhibiting this problem should now be readable. (NAF - 2009/10/27 - 1483)
· Fixed incorrect return value for H5Pget_preserve. (AKC - 2009/10/08 - 1628)
· Fixed an assertion failure that occurred when H5Ocopy was called on a dataset using a vlen inside a compound. (NAF - 2009/10/02 - 1597)
· Fixed incorrect return value for H5Pget_filter_by_id1/2 in H5Ppublic.h. (NAF - 2009/09/25 - 1620)
· Fixed a bug where properties weren't being compared with the registered compare callback. (NAF - 2009/09/25 - 1555)
· Fixed a bug where H5Pget_fitler_by_id would succeed when called for a filter that wasn't present. (NAF - 2009/06/25 - 1250)
· Fixed an issue with committed compound datatypes containing a vlen. Also fixed memory leaks involving committed datatypes. (NAF - 2009/06/10 - 1593)
· Added versioning to H5Z_class_t struct to allow compatibility with 1.6 API. (NAF - 2009/04/20 - 1533)
· Fixed a problem with using data transforms with non-native types in the file. (NAF - 2009/04/20 - 1548)
· Added direct.h include file to windows section of H5private.h to fix _getcwd() warning. (ADB - 2009/04/14 - 1536)
· Fixed a bug that prevented external links from working after calling H5close(). (NAF - 2009/04/10 - 1539)
· Modified library to write cached symbol table information to the superblock, to allow library versions 1.3.0 to 1.6.3 to read files created by this version. (NAF - 2009/04/08 - 1423)
· Changed skip lists to use a deterministic algorithm. The library should now never call rand() or srand(). (NAF - 2009/04/08 - 503)
· Fixed a bug where H5Lcopy and H5Lmove wouldn't create intermediate groups when that property was set. (NAF - 2009/04/07 - 1526)
· Fixed a bug that caused files with a user block to grow by the size of the user block every time they were opened. (NAF - 2009/03/26 - 1499)
· Fixed a rare problem that could occur with files using the old (pre 1.4) array datatype. (NAF - 2009/03/23)
· Modified library to be able to open files with corrupt root group symbol table messages, and correct these errors if they are found. Such files can only be successfully opened with write access. (NAF - 2009/03/23 - 1189)
· Removed the long_long #define and replaced all instances with "long long". This caused problems with third party products. All currently supported compliers support the type. (ADB - 2009/03/05)
· Fixed various bugs that could prevent the fill value from being written in certain rare cases. (NAF - 2009/02/26 - 1469)
· Fixed a bug that prevented more than one dataset chunk from being cached at a time. (NAF - 2009/02/12 - 1015)
· Fixed an assertion failure caused by opening an attribute multiple times through multiple file handles. (NAF - 2009/02/12 - 1420)
· Fixed a problem that could prevent the user from adding attributes (or any object header message) in some circumstances. (NAF - 2009/02/12 - 1427)
· Fixed a bug that could cause problems when an attribute was added to a committed datatype using the committed datatype's datatype. (NAF - 2009/02/12)
· Fixed a bug that could cause problems when copying an object with a shared message in its own object header. (NAF - 2009/01/29)
· Changed H5Tset_order to properly reject H5T_ORDER_NONE for most datatypes. (NAF - 2009/01/27 - 1443)
· Fixed a bug where H5Tpack wouldn't remove trailing space from an otherwise packed compound type. (NAF - 2009/01/14)
· Fixed up some old v2 btree assertions that get run in debug mode that were previously failing on compilation, and removed some of the more heavily outdated and non-rewritable ones. (MAM - 2008/12/15)
· Fixed a bug that could cause problems when "automatically" unmounting multiple files. (NAF - 2008/11/17)
· H5Ovisit and H5Ovisit_by_name will now properly terminate when the callback function returns a positive value on the starting object. (NAF - 2008/11/03)
· Fixed an error where a null message could be created that was larger than could be written to the file. (NAF - 2008/10/23)
· Corrected error with family/split/multi VFD not updating driver info when "latest" version of the file format used. (QAK - 2008/10/14)
· Corrected alignment+threshold errors to work correctly when metadata aggregation is enabled. (QAK - 2008/10/06)
· Changed H5Fget_obj_count and H5Fget_obj_ids to ignore objects registered by the library for internal library use. (NAF - 2008/10/06)
· Fixed potential memory leak during compound conversion. (NAF - 2008/10/06)
· Changed the return value of H5Fget_obj_count from INT to SSIZE_T. Also changed the return value of H5Fget_obj_ids from HERR_T to SSIZE_T and the type of the parameter MAX_OBJS from INT to SIZE_T. (SLU - 2008/09/26)
· Fixed an issue that could cause data to be improperly overwritten during compound type conversion. (NAF - 2008/09/19)
· Fixed pointer alignment violations that could occur during vlen conversion. (NAF - 2008/09/16)
· Fixed problem where library could cause a segmentation fault when an invalid location ID was given to H5Giterate(). (QAK - 2008/08/19)
· Fixed improper shutdown when objects have reference count > 1. The library now tracks reference count due to the application separately from that due to internal library routines. (NAF - 2008/08/19)
· Fixed assertion failure caused by incorrect array datatype version. (NAF - 2008/08/08)
· Fixed an issue where mount point traversal would fail when using multiple handles for the child. (NAF - 2008/08/07)
· Fixed an issue where mount points were inaccessible when using multiple file handles for the parent. The mount table is now in the shared file structure (the parent pointer is still in the top structure). (NAF - 2008/08/07)
· when an attribute was opened twice and data was written with one of the handles, the file didn't have the data. It happened because each handle had its own object structure, and the empty one overwrote the data with fill value. This is fixed by making some attribute information like the data be shared in the attribute structure. SLU - 2008/07/22
· Fixed issue where a group could have a file mounted on it twice. (QAK - 2008/07/15)
· Fixed a Windows-specific issue in the ohdr test which was causing usersin some timezones to get false errors. This a deficiency in the Windows mktime() function, and has been handled properly. SJW - 2008/06/19
· Fixed the problem with the searching of target file for H5Lcreate_external().
· The searching pattern will depend on whether the target file's pathname is an absolute or a relative path. Please see the description in the RM for H5Lcreate_external(). (VC - 2008/04/08)
· Fixed possible file corruption bug when encoding datatype descriptions for compound datatypes whose size was between 256 & 511 bytes and the file was opened with the "use the latest format" property enabled (with H5Pset_libver_bounds). (QAK - 2008/03/13)
· Fixed bug in H5Aget_num_attrs() routine to handle invalid location ID correctly. (QAK - 2008/03/11)
· H5Dset_extent: when shrinking dimensions, some chunks were not deleted. (PVN - 2009/01/8)
· Added code to maintain a min_clean_fraction in the metadata cache when in serial mode. (MAM - 2009/01/9)
February 3rd, 2009
· This release adds support for dense attributes to the H5Ocopy, H5Pset_elink_cb, and H5Pget_elink_cb functions to support a user-defined callback function for external link traversal, and H5Pset_elink_acc_flags and H5Pget_elink_acc_flags functions to allow the user to specify the file access flags used to open the target file of an external link.
· There are also some minor bugfixes.
January 7th, 2009
· Assorted minor bugfixes were made to the code and test suites.
December 23rd, 2008
· Assorted minor bugfixes, including fixing autounmounting multiple variables at the same time.
November 19th, 2008
· The H5Iis_valid(), H5Pset_chunk_cache(), and H5Pget_chunk_cache() functions were added. libtool was updated.
· H5Ovisit and H5Ovisit_by_name will now properly terminate when the callback function returns a positive value on the starting object.
· An error where a null message could be created that was larger than could be written to the file was fixed.
November 2nd, 2008
· An error has been fixed with family/split/multi VFD not updating driver info when the "latest" version of the file format is used.
· Alignment+threshold errors when metadata aggregation is enabled have been fixed.
· H5Fget_obj_count and H5Fget_obj_ids have been changed to ignore objects registered by the library for internal library use.
· A potential memory leak during compound conversion has been fixed.
· An error with 'make check install' has been fixed.
· An issue with finding szip shared libraries has been fixed.
September 28th, 2008
· Minor bugfixes.
September 2nd, 2008
· A problem where a library could cause a segmentation fault when an invalid location ID was given to H5Giterate() was fixed.
· Improper shutdown when objects have reference count greater than 1 was fixed.
· The repack tool API was enhanced.