March 23rd, 2011
· New weapons
· Optional Gameplay modes
· Draw your own maps
May 23rd, 2010
· many bug fixes
· speed optimisations
· many new hats, hats visible while using rope and blowtorch
· Exploding barrels
· AI uses new weapons, aware of fire, can fight in artillery mode
· new British voicepack
· notification sound when people join your room
· translation updates
· contextual help when using weapons menu
· 3d effect for waves
· fade effect when starting/stopping game
· new game modes - place hedgehog, king mode, randomise starts, allies share ammo, disable girders
· view ammo menu when not your turn
· dud mines
· hat reservation for donators (hats should be released to public in 6 months or so)
· team flags
· visual effects: dust on fall impact, smoke, shotgun shells, blink team name on start of turn,
· graphic of crate contents when picking up weapon/utility
· walk sound for hedgehogs
· splashes/droplets when things fall in the water
· information on game rules when starting game
· knockball map (scripted map)
· Birdy weapon and poisoning effect
· maze generator for new random maps
· new crazy map template
· new Olympics, Desert themes, visual updates to many other themes
· Background texture for land for a 3d effect on explosions
· alt weapon preview on rope, parachute
· updated options in frontend: independent toggles for frontend/game sound/music, select locale
· lua scripting
October 20th, 2009
· New weapons: flying saucer, Molotov cocktail
· More sounds
· New visual effects
· Updated graphics
· Team chat
· Remember net password
· More training modes, including a fun RC plane game
· Implement room control delegation when host's connection fails
· Colourize chat events in engine
· Frontend improvements
· New maps
· New theme
May 26th, 2009
· Speech Bubbles - during your turn, have your hedgehog express himself. In chat, use "regular speech" 'thought bubbles' -action bubbles- with the quote marks completely surrounding the entire typed text. You can also use /hsa /hta /hya to fire off a bubble at the moment of your attack.
· New graves and hats, my favourite grave being the dead hedgehog. Also some tweaks to theme graphics.
· Two new taunts - a /shrug and /juggle -ing.
· New mobster voice! Also a remake of the default voice set.
· Animated stars in the frontend. If you want to turn them off, use the Frontend Effects checkbox in settings.
· Plenty of new theme music and a new frontend theme.
· Some new game modes. Karma, any injury you caused (not including drowning) is dealt to you too, unless invulnerable. Vampirism, where you feed off damage you deal, gaining 80% of it. Artillery, where your hog can not move about.
· Options to control mine quantity and timer. Those are made use of in a Minefield scheme/weapon set as one of the default sets.
· The sniper rifle demonstrated in previous news post.
· Various fixes such as: prevent desync when a player quits, fix a crash at end of game in reduced quality, bug in synching changes to map and scheme in room, fix bug in disconnection from server, hedgehogs keep hats while jumping, bug in rope/parachute when drowning with active girder/teleport, bug in rope that on rare occasion deleted it on firing and an alternate font for Chinese/Japanese text that should render correctly in-game.
· In addition, hopefully any missing graphics and maps that didn't make it into 0.9.10 are now correctly represented in this release.
April 14th, 2009
· Many new hats, maps, themes, updates on existing ones
· Double possible land dimensions, allow up to 48 hedgehogs in game
· Cave mode
· Increase rendering speed and overall graphics performance
· New game options
· Game schemes
· Reduced quality mode for better performance on old computers
· Random teams generator
· Many utilities
January 24th, 2009
· Voicepacks, customize your teams voice!
· Nice new visual statistics page after the match
· Precise aiming, hold shift to aim more accurately
· Improved lobby chat
· Remote Control Plane weapon
· A couple of additions to customization content, (i.e. grave / fort / hat content)
· Additional sound effects
· Various tweaks and bug fixes
January 11th, 2009
· Massive number of network play bugfixes
· Now spectating works for those who joined after game start
· New Drill rocket, Napalm strike and Ballgun weapons
· Land can now be set to be indestructable
· Six brand new maps using new themes
· Lots of new forts
· Hellish hand grenade reworked
· Brand new server lobby
· Lobby chat
November 5th, 2008
· A completely redesigned, redrawn
· frontend, built to be both prettier and easier to use.
· Completely reworked netplay, supports players joining and leaving games in progress
· Admin controls for network play
· A new, official central dedicated server, allowing multiple "rooms" per server, a multiplayer lobby for matchmaking
· The ability to customize your team in exciting new ways, including the ability to customize the visual look of your hedgehogs
· New maps, themes, and graphics, a huge addition to content
· New weapons, gameplay mechanics and game options. New super weapons that you will find only in crates
· New working flames that damage hedgehogs and corrode the terrain
· New sounds, music and media