February 21st, 2013Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian, Spanish.
· libgwyprocess: Bogus normalisation/possible crash in gwy_data_field_area_dh() in presence of mask on non-square area was fixed. distribution if the area contains no data due to masking.
· libgwyprocess: gwy_data_field_area_dh() returns a reasonable empty distribution if the area contains no data due to masking.
· libgwyprocess: Radial PSDF normalisation was corrected to be really sampling-independent and correspond to the formula in user guide.
· libgwyprocess: Double-free error if the initial Delaunay triangulation step fails was corrected.
· libgwyprocess: Swapped x and y coordinates of spectra in serialisation were fixed.
· libgwyprocess: Added brick (3D) data support backported from Gwyddion 3 development branch.
· libgwydgets: Crashes upon clicking colour selection buttons were fixed.
· libgwydgets: 3D view false colour axis shows overlay, not height units in the overlay mode.
· libgwyapp: Visibility of false colour bar and mask are included in 3D view settings saved by ‘Set Defaults’.
· libgwyprocess: gwy_data_field_distort() actually works for destination field of different size than source.
· APE DAX (new): Imports APE Research DAX files.
· Nanomagnetics (new): Imports Nanomagnetics NMI files.
· VTK export (new): Exports fields as VTK structured grid files.
· Magellan (new): Imports FEI Magellan SEM images.
· Extend (new): Extends a field by adding borders using several methods.
· Brickshow (new): Added a simple module for loading, visualising and data extracting from 3D volume data (Bricks)
· GWYXYZF (new): Imports and export Gwyddion Simple XYZ files.
· Seiko: Files starting ‘NPXZ000AFM’ are recognised and imported. XQP phase files should be read with a correct value scale and units.
· Shimadzu: Files of different version than 2 are recognised and loaded.
· Omicron flat: Crash while reading files with up and down traces but no retrace was fixed.
· Createc: Conversion of raw data to physical values was corrected.
· Nanoeducator: Keep relative coordinates of datafields, Material description decoding from CP1251, Attempt to fix current scale in spectroscopy.
· Nanoscantech: Scan names of new standard (inside Attributes) supported, Units and scan names recoding from CP1251.
· Nanoscope: F-Z spectra are imported (experimental).
· Pixmap: Manual font size range is limited by zoom. Inset bar length is remembered and used the next time if possible.
· Raw XYZ: Tolerance for ‘regular grid’ (which is not triangulated) was increased to 5% of pixel size to help people with poorly rounded data.
· Edge: New Sobel and Prewitt classic edge detection functions.
· Drift correction: Correction can be applied to all compatible channels and channels can be directly replaced with corrected ones.
· Line layer: Thick line end markers are drawn correctly to image targets.
· NetCDF: GXSM file metadata support was improved, images are flipped when appropriate.
· Fit sphere: Units of resulting quantities are set correctly.
· Omicron: Abscissae of single point spectra were corrected to match SCALA.
· Graph fit: It is possible to plot the difference between data and fit to a new graph.
· Graph fit, FD fit and Critical dimension: Curve and controls were switched, controls should no longer jump around, interfering with selection.
· Merge: ‘None’ merge mode which does not do any correlation search was actually implemented. Critical warnings and wrong smooth merging for some image combinations were fixed. ‘Second’ really means the image selected in the dialog now.
· Crash on Win32 while loading TIFF images was hopefully fixed.
· Compatibility with GLib older than 2.26, accidentaly broken in 2.30, was restored.
· Desktop files in correct locations are updated with --enable-home-installation configure option.
· Standalone gwy python module on Win32 no nonger tries to load non-existent Gwyddion libraries.
· MS Windows executables are available also as 64bit. They are still
September 27th, 2012Application:
· Translations updated: French, Russian.
· Handling of files with non-ASCII characters in names on Win32 was improved.
· libgwyprocess: A new function to remove grains touching image borders.
· libgwyprocess: New grain quantities: Radius and position of maximum inscribed disc and minimum excscribed circle, area of grain convex hull, mean radius.
· libgwyapp: Critical warning/crash if the last visible channel of a file is deleted and this channel has a mask.
· libgwyapp: Setting a channel or graph visibility key in a container actually shows or hides the corresponding data.
· Neural network: Split to two functions: training and application. Networks can be saved, trained on multiple data (sequentially), training signal can be masked, units of the output can be specified.
· APE file: Channel labelling for various modes was corrected.
· Createc: Dimensions and values of imported data was corrected, all channels are imported now.
· IGOR file: Crash on files that contain no channel titles was fixed.
· Selection manager tool: Chosen selection is shown in the data window.
· Remove Grain by Threshold: Can also remove grains touching image borders.
· Grain Statistics: Select Inscribed Discs and Select Excscribed Circles create circular selections visualising the corresponding discs/circles.
· Grain correlations: Really works when run non-interactively.
· Compatibility with newer version of GLib that deprecate various things was improved.
· Win32 executables are built using MinGW-W64 cross-compiler.
July 21st, 2012
· On Unix, a standalone gwy module is now available so Gwyddion Python scripts can be run outside Gwyddion.
· Median line leveling supports masking.
· The changes also include a number of smaller file format support and user interface improvements.
May 18th, 2012Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian.
· Nanoscantech (new): Imports NanoScanTech .nstdat files.
· TIA SER (new): Imports FEI Tecnai imaging and analysis .ser files.
· DM3 (new): Imports Digital Micrograph DM3 TEM images (only greyscale data at present).
· PID (new): Simple simulation of PID loop effects during scanning.
· Lateral force (new): Simulation of lateral force from topography channel.
· Neural network (new): Neural network data processing.
· XY denoise (new): Data denoising based on horizontal and vertical scans.
· WIP: Spectral transformation for Raman data was fixed and swapped XY axes in datafields were really fixed.
· Zeiss: Files without key-value pairs in tag 34118 are recognised and loaded.
· Compatibility with libpng 1.5 was corrected.
· GNOME 3 thumbnailer file is installed, making gwyddion-thumbnailer work automatically in GNOME 3.
· configure has an option --enable-home-installation to ease desktop integration if you compile from source code and install to your home.
April 18th, 2012
· File import modules were added for old NT-MDT MDA and NanoObserver.
· Images in the "Image list" section are now loaded from Nanoscope files.
· Pixmap export permits changing the font of the labels.
· It is now possible to preserve RMS in 2D FFT.
· Compatibility with GLib 2.32 was corrected.
December 19th, 2011Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Italian, Russian, Spanish.
· Keyboard shortucts can be modified by pointing to the menu item and pressing the new shortcut (after enabling this in the Edit menu).
· libgwydgets: Graph data can be exported to ASCII in a locale-independent way.
· libgwydgets: Graph window properly disconnects signals from the graph model when destroyed.
· libgwydgets: Labels on 3D view axes are rotated with the axes.
· libgwydgets: 3D view supports ‘overlay’ mode with secondary data or mask used for false colour mapping.
· libgwydgets: 3D view can show false colour scale.
· libgwydgets: Vertical graph measurement mode was added.
· libgwyapp: Possible crash due to wrong freeing of GBookmarkFile was fixed.
· libgwyapp: File chooser can plane- and/or row-level previewed data.
· libgwyapp: Critical warning/crash in file merging was fixed.
· libgwyapp: Data browser updates the thumbnail also when the mask changes.
· libgwyprocess: Kaiser 2.5 FFT window was fixed to avoid returning NaNs at certain transform sizes (due to rounding errors).
· libgwyddion: New functions for case-insensitive string hashing.
· libgwyprocess: New function for asymmetrical outlier marking.
· libgwyprocess: Bug affecting calculation surface areas and volumes of grains on the lower edge of a non-square image was fixed.
· Code V INT (new): Imports Code V INT grid interferograms.
· Zeiss (new): Imports Carl Zeiss SEM scans (TIFF).
· Hitachi SEM (new): Import Hitachi S-3700 and S-4800 SEM data.
· ISO28600 (new): Imports and exports ISO 28600:2011 SPM data transfer format.
· Alicona (new): Imports Alicona Imaging Al3D files.
· WITec ASCII (new): Imports WITec ASCII export files.
· RHK SM4: Support for spectra reading was added (as graphs).
· 1D FFT filter: Correct X-axis units of Fourier modulus are displayed.
· Level Grains: The sign of extracted background was corrected.
· LEXT: Crashing on systems lacking memrchr(), namely MS Windows, was fixed.
· Graph export ASCII: Can export floating point numbers in POSIX format.
· Pixmap: Scalebar are drawn (with the default length) even when the module is used non-interactively.
· Pixmap: Critical warning/crash ‘assertion text!=NULL failed’ was fixed.
· Nanoscope: Import of files with non-1:1 pixels was improved.
· Dumb: Builds on big-endian architectures.
· SDFile: Letter case of header fields is ignored.
· SDFile: Extra fields after the data are made available in metadata.
· WIP: Swapped x and y axes were corrected.
· Statistical functions tool: Height distribution can use masking.
· Roughness tool: The resulting curves are no longer automatically levelled.
· Unisoku: Import of files containing NUL characters in the header was fixed.
· Pattern synthesis: Real values of parameters are displayed immediately after a pattern type switch.
· Pygwy: Values are stored to GwyContainer as fundamental GObject types so they can be actually serialised.
· Pygwy: Load and save module functions can take an optional run mode argument.
· Compatibility with gcc 4.6 and autoconf 2.68 was improved.
· The thumbnailer permits specifying the channel used to create the thumbnail (if run manually).
· Drag'n'drop should work on Win32 again.
· Bzip2-compressed source code tarballs were replaced with xz-compressed.
March 7th, 2011
· Instrument calibrations can be created, imported, and applied to data; measurements and statistical characteristics are then calculated with uncertainties.
· Support for compilation with MSVC6 was removed and cross-compilation with MinGW32 is recommended now.
· Two new file modules were added: for WSF and DME MIF v1.7.
· New modules for grain levelling and marking by edge detection were added.
· There were improvements in other file modules, surface synthesis, DOS spectrum, and FFT filtering.
· Czech, French, and Russian translations were updated.
June 30th, 2010Application:
· Translations updated: French.
· It is possible to export 3D as image also to other support pixmap formats, the format is determined by the extension.
· libgwyprocess: Deserialization of spectra when there are selected curves actually works now.
· libgwyprocess: gwy_data_field_fit_poly() and gwy_data_field_area_fit_poly() work without coeffs array preinitialized to zeroes.
· libgwyprocess: Radial PSDF calculation uses all necessary DFT coefficients, correcting the calculation for anisotropic images.
· libgwydgets: GwyColorAxis can show numbered ticks.
· GSF (new): Gwyddion Simple Field single-channel file reading and exporting.
· SICM: Value scale was corrected and some more metadata fields are read now.
· Facet level: Bugs when masking was used were fixed, namely in Exclude mode.
· 1D FFT Filter, Color Range tool: square root of the density is shown on graphs to visualize smaller peaks better.
· Nanonis: Files with multi-line comments can be imported, metadata support was added.
· Omicron: Metadata values are imported from parameter files.
· Quesant: Null file part offsets are ignored in the header, fixing import of some files.
· NT-MDT: Z value offsets are honoured in imported data.
· Shimadzu: Bogus warning that Z offset units differ from Z scale units was fixed.
· Nanoscope: Some import support for I-V spectra was added.
· Pixmap export: False color scale ticks are numbered.
· Rotate: Rotation angle can be a fractional number.
December 15th, 2009
· Three new file modules were added: AIST-NT, Omicron flat format and PicoHarp PT3; the support for several other file formats was improved. A new line correction method, based on median of differences, was added. Starting a new instance of Gwyddion with --remote-new on X11 works again. Some Gtk+ 2.18 compatibility problems were worked around.
November 3rd, 2009
· Import modules for RHK SM4, Nanonics, and IGOR binary waves were added (the last two are still experimental). There is a new module for global curvature evaluation and two modules for generation of artificial surfaces: spectral synthesis and object placement. Mac OS X integration was substantially improved. Createc, Omicron MATRIX, MI, NT-MDT, Olympus, APE, and MicroProf import modules were ehnanced with support for newer format versions.
September 22nd, 2009
· Import modules for RHK SM4, Nanonics and IGOR binary waves were added (the last two are still experimental).
· There is a new module for global curvature evaluation and two modules for generation artificial surfaces: spectral synthesis and object placement.
· Mac OS X integration was substantially improved.
· Createc, Omicron MATRIX, MI, NT-MDT, Olympus, APE and MicroProf import modules were ehnanced with support for newer format versions.
June 25th, 2009
· Application: - Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian. - About dialog shows optional features compiled into the specific build. Libraries: - libgwyprocess: Missing data field invalidation after Laplace iteration was added, fixing wrong color scales after Laplace interpolation data removal. - libgwyddion: Lorentzian fitting preset parameter estimator was corrected. - libgwyprocess: Broken Fourier transformations of large prime sizes with stride larger than one were fixed in simpleFFT (does not affect FFTW). - libgwydraw: GwySelection has a new virtual method crop(). - libgwydraw: Function for filtering objects in GwySelection was added. - libgwyapp: Layout of previews in file dialogs, broken by Gtk+ 2.16, was corrected. - libgwydgets: GwyDataView provides real offsets of displayed data field. - libgwydgets: Truncated logarithmic axes were really fixed. Modules: - Selection manager tool (new): Copies selections to other chanels and files. - FFT profile (new): Reads radial FFT modulus profiles. - PSIA: Format version 1.0.2 is supported. - OLS, JPK: GwyTIFF is used instead of libTIFF for file loading. This should fix a number of TIFF-related problems, namely on MS Windows. - RHK SM3: Bug that prevented loading of some SM3 files was fixed. - WSxM: Files produced by Nanonics AFM are supported. - Pixmap export: libTIFF is no longer used, TIFF files are written directly. - Rawfile: Support for 64bit integer built-in types was added. - Rawfile: Updating the preview with Alt+U uses the new value of just-editted field. - Layer modules: Support for crop() method was added. - Point layer: Can display selection as vectors from the origin (new property "draw-as-vector"). Other: - Win32 installer offers to choose the language to use. - Gwyddion no longer directly uses libTIFF on any platform (it used to be optionally linked with libTIFF).
May 20th, 2009Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Russian.
· libgwyapp: Critical warnings/crashes in data browser when a new object was added was fixed.
· libgwydgets: Initial state of widgets in GwySensitivityGroup might not be set properly if they were added during a queued update. This was fixed.
· libgwydgets: 3D view unqueues full-size redraw when it is unrealized, fixing crashes when the widget is destroyed before the redraw occurs.
· libgwydgets: Rendering of GwyRuler with Quartz Gtk+ (native OS X) was fixed.
· libgwyapp: Data browser window has wm role set to "gwyddion-databrowser".
· libgwydgets: 3D view axes lengths and positions for data with non-square pixels were corrected.
· libgwyddion: Crash in gwy_memem() after failed partial match was fixed.
· libgwydgets: More translatability problems were fixed.
· Nanoeducator (new): NT-MDT Nanoeducator file import.
· OLS: Module omitted in the MS Windows builds was added.
· OPD file: Import of integer data was corrected.
· Pygwy: module load() methods are run with the real filename, not with "test".
· Calibrate: It is possible to shift the data by a numerically entered value.
· Pixmap export: Inset scale bar is now antialiased.
· MapVue: Lateral dimensions of imported data were corrected, value scale was possibly fixed.
· DME file: Flipped data was fixed, calibration factors are taken into account now.
· Scale: Occasional weird range of permitted scaling ratios was fixed.
March 18th, 2009Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, Russian.
· libgwyapp: Data browser displays channel thumbnails.
· libprocess: Profile extraction auto number of samples always corresponds to the number of pixels for horizontal and vertical lines.
· libgwyapp: A helper function for interpolation of bad pixels upon data import was added.
· libgwydgets: Wrong x-axis value reported for mouse selection in GwyGraph in x-axis logarithmic mode was corrected.
· libgwydgets: 3D view shows data with non-suqare pixels with the physical aspect ratio.
· libgwydgets: 3D window has a button to set the z-scale to physically 1:1.
· libgwydgets, libgwyapp: 3D view axes drawing can be globally disabled with "/app/3d/axes/disable" boolean True line in ~/.gwyddion/settings to work around broken OpenGL implementations.
· libgwydgets: GwyAxis no longer enters an infinite resize loop when it encounters completely bogus data such as undefined values and/or infinites.
· libgwyddion: GwyNLFitPreset estimators always assing some reasonable values to the parameters even if the estimation in fact fails.
· Some forgotten strings were made translatable and gettext() was applied to some to actually translate them.
· Mark With (new): Create or modify a mask using another mask, data or presentation.
· Sensolytics (new): Imports Sensolytics file format.
· SPIP ASC (new): Imports text SPM files that look like exported from SPIP.
· MapVue (new): Imports MapVue data files (highly experimental).
· Gradient: New function for local slope azimuth presentation was added.
· BCR: Possible crash was fixed.
· Raw graph import: Two-column text files are automatically detected and offered for raw graph import.
· Mask operations: Attach Mask was removed, superseded by Mark With.
· Profile, Roughness tools: Subsampling of the profile for some directions of purely horizontal/vertical lines was fixed.
· Distance, Profile and Path leven tools: The maximum number of lines was increased to 1024.
· Crop tool: Mask on cropped channels is properly redrawn now.
· PNI file: Vertical flipping was removed.
· Many modules: Translation problems were corrected.
February 10th, 2009
· Several bugs in version 2.12's new features were fixed.
· A new module for import of two-column ASCII files as graphs was added.
· Inconsistent pixel coordinate rounding in several tools was unified.
· Translations were updated.
January 5th, 2009
· A possible crash in polynomial leveling was fixed.
· A crash in Sensofar file loader on 64-bit systems was fixed.
· The utility gwyddion-thumbnailer for generation of thumbnails was added.
· A Russian translation has started.
· There were many small improvements and bugfixes.
December 16th, 2008Application:
· Translations updated: Czech, French, Italian.
· libgwyprocess: Median line statistics no longer crashes when area width is larger than its height.
· libgwyprocess: Several column line statistics taking data subarea always from the left edge instead the given column were fixed.
· libgwyprocess: Wrong calculation of mean row statistics was fixed.
· libgwyprocess: New line statistics (Rt, Rz, Ra, Skew and Kurtosis) added.
· libgwyprocess: Bug in integer erosion (and certainty map therefore) present in 2.9 and 2.10 was fixed.
· Omicron MATRIX (new): Omicron MATRIX file import support.
· SPMLabF (new): SPMLab floating-point format (.flt) import support.
· OPD (new): Wyko Vision OPD file import support.
· Tilt (new): Tilt data using numerically specified coefficients.
· SPMLab: Can import R7 files now.
· Pixmap: Image import broken by too hungry jpeg2000 pixbuf loader was fixed.
· ECS file: Import works also in locales that use decimal comma.
· Line selection: Can draw orthogonal endpoint markers expressing line width.
· Omicron: Flipped spectra y-coordinates were fixed.
· Polynomial level: Can exclude/include mask when fitting the data.
· Grain statistics: Exports the (previously omitted) last grain too.
· Line statistics: Displays the mean value of selected statistics.
· Line statistics: Added Ra, Rt, Rz, Skew and Kurtosis
· Facet level: Behaviour for surfaces with very large or small ratio of height range to lateral dimensions was considerably improved.