New in version 5.2.8
June 12th, 2012
- This version features an extensive rewrite of the Canon driver, with support for many newer printers and updates for many existing printers.
- Support for some printers determined to be non-functional in earlier releases has been dropped.
- Support for some Epson printers has been added, and some bugs have been fixed.
New in version 5.2.6 (August 11th, 2010)
- This release offers additional support for Epson Stylus Pro printers, along with some changes for other Epson printers and support for additional Canon inkjets and PCL laser printers over 5.2.5. This package is available in source form, and will shortly be available in binary installer form for Macintosh OS X (10.3 and above).
New in version 5.2.5 (February 12th, 2010)
- This release offers several fixes, new features, and support for new printers over 5.2.5.
New in version 5.2.4 (August 11th, 2009)
- New printers supported in this release:
- Canon PIXMA iX4000
- Canon SELPHY CP-520
- EPSON Stylus Photo R2880
- EPSON Stylus DX4000
- Printing to the Epson PM-D600 has been corrected.
- Printing using the manual sheet guide on the Epson Stylus Photo R2400 has been corrected.
- Printing to the EPSON Artisan 700 and 800 and Stylus Photo P/TX700 and 800 series printers has been corrected. Among other issues, it should now be possible to print reliably using the photo tray.
- The names of the following Epson printers have been corrected:
- EPSON Stylus Photo PX700W
- EPSON Stylus Photo TX700W
- EPSON Stylus Photo PX800FW
- EPSON Stylus Photo TX800FW
- The names of various Ricoh and Ricoh-based printers have been corrected to match Ricoh's model names and the OpenPrinting database.
- The EPSON inkjet utility, escputil, now correctly prints the color name for low ink warnings.
- Printing resolution names have been fixed in non-English locales in CUPS PPD files.
- A Russian translation has been added. The Danish and Italian translations have been updated.
- Support has been added for L-size paper with tear-off borders.
- The ordering of inks in quadtone ink sets on Epson printers has been corrected. In addition, support has been added for MIS quadtone and 6 tone inks.
- It is now possible to adjust the ink parameters for quadtone inks in CUPS. Previously, these parameters could only be adjusted in the enhanced Print plugin for GIMP and other native Gutenprint applications.
- 13. Updating CUPS PPD files is now faster.
New in version 5.2.3 (December 23rd, 2008)
- This release fixes problems with translated CUPS PPD files with CUPS 1.2 and above, and fixes printing on the Epson NX100, S20, Artisan 700, Artisan 800, and related printers.
- It also fixes duplex support on a number of Epson printers, and finally adds initial support for some Canon printers.
New in version 5.2.2 (November 17th, 2008)
- This release fixes printing problems with a number of Epson MFP devices, with the new Artisan inkjet printers, and with the Stylus Photo R1900.
- An Italian translation has been added.
New in version 5.2.1 (October 22nd, 2008)
- This is the first stable release in the 5.2 series.
- It offers many enhancements over 5.0, including support for many more printers, greatly improved quality and performance on many Epson inkjet printers and some others, a rewritten Postscript driver, substantial enhancements to the CUPS driver, and much more.
New in version 5.2.0 RC1 (October 6th, 2008)
- This version features release prep for 5.2 (such as an updated user's manual and release notes).
- There are a few bugfixes, most notably that printing has been corrected on many Epson multi-function devices.