New in version 12.05
May 12th, 2012
- This version adds improvements to groups, profiles, and the site homepage, and steps towards easier installation.
New in version 11.08 (September 2nd, 2011)
- It is now possible to signup using Facebook.
- A number of other signup related improvements were made.
New in version 11.05 (June 1st, 2011)
- An update to the Start a Group system so the system administrator is made the group administrator .
- When an email address is verified it is made the preferred delivery address if the user has no other preferred delivery addresses .
- The list of files that are associated with a post are more clearly demarcated from the body of the message .
- Long URLs no longer word-wrap in the body of posts .
- Zope has been updated to 2.3.6 . This may cause problems with some configurations, as IPv6 support is now present.
New in version 11.04 (May 3rd, 2011)
- Support for post hiding and assorted bugfixes.
New in version 11.03 (March 29th, 2011)
- The "change email settings" page was updated.
- Searching now searches the topic and post titles.
- An "edit this page" link is shown to logged out users on editable pages. "accept invitation" page UI improvements were made.
New in version 10.10 (November 2nd, 2010)
- New Group Homepage:
- The homepage used by groups has had a major redesign . Now it is divided into multiple tabs. This allows for information to be better organized, and more easily found. Overall the look is cleaner, and the page is easier to use.
- Better Bouncing:
- Sometimes an email to a group member will not get through, and the message bounces. GroupServer has always recorded these bounces. Now this information is presented to the group administrator, who can see a log of failed attempts to send the member an email message .
- Resend Invitation:
- The group administrator now has the option of resending an invitation that did not get through to the new group member . There have been many other minor improvements to the invitation system thanks to the feedback from the users of OnlineGroups.Net.
- Notification Updates:
- The email notifications that are sent out by GroupServer in response to an event have been given a through update. They are now clearer and contain more useful information than before .
- New Favicon:
- GroupServer now has a new multi-resolution favicon, which is shown in the location bar of the browser .
- New Help System
- The user manual and administration manuals are out of date and in need of work. To help with this a new help system has been introduced . It allows for sections of the manuals to be more easily maintained, which will hopefully allow for better manuals in the future.
- Switch to Zope 2.13 Beta:
- GroupServer now runs on the the latest version of Zope 2. The new features in Zope are used for the new group homepage, and the new help system.
- The tickets in GroupServer 10.10 — Gelato while Viewing the Sights detail what has changed in this release.
- The changes that are planned for GroupServer 10.11 — Kulfi Craved while Caving are detailed in the tickets
- The details of the new group homepage is available in the Group Homepage Rebuild topic in GroupServer Development. Deploying the new homepage closes Ticket 426 and a slew of sub-tickets.
- Showing a log of the failed attempts to send a message closes Ticket 15 and Ticket 509.
- Allowing administrators to reissue an invitation closes
New in version 10.09 (September 14th, 2010)
- A major overhaul of group invitations, as well as join and leave.
- Management of members has been overhauled at the infrastructure level.
- The addition of a new sharing mechanism for linking posts to social media.
- The site introduction has been tweaked to use a WYSIWYG editor.
- A change to the release numbering convention.