New in version 0.5.2
February 13th, 2010
- This update fixes two significant bugs:
- When fixing a donation and changing the date of the new donation, the negating donation was given the wrong date.
- Some reports listed donations in reverse order from what was expected.
- It is recommended that all Grace users update to this release. Follow the install/upgrade instructions in the user manual located at http://gracedm.googlecode.com/files/user-manual.pdf
New in version 0.5.0 (August 23rd, 2009)
- Overhauled Grace Client Interface (UI):
- Nearly every aspect of the Grace client interface was examined and updated to work more intuitively. Hopefully, you won't even have to think about this change - it will just feel nicer!
- In several places, Grace now searches as you type. Find what you're looking for more quickly!
- Added a Fix Wizard:
- Doing fixes used to be a difficult process, but the new Fix Wizard makes it easy!
- Save Default Options When Sealing a Deposit:
- Don't need to send email updates or export to an accounting system? No problem. Just save your default seal preferences and never think about it again!
- Other noteworthy changes:
- Improved icon support.
- Added "Deposit -> Open Recent" menu.
- Added ability to view donation and line item details in sealed deposits.
- Added ability to delete funds (which have no associated donations.)
- All reports now use the deposit's posted date (rather than sealed date) to determine date ranges to report on. This makes reporting more intuitive and meets needs for 501(c)(3) accrual accounting methodology.
- The "View Recent Giving" button in donor search dialogs now returns only the past two years' giving rather than all giving ("View Giving History").
- Lots more small improvements and bug fixes!
New in version 0.4.0 (January 3rd, 2009)
- Grace is now called "Grace Donation Manager". This is to better align with people's expectations while searching for this type of software.
- Grace now comes packaged as a Windows Installer (and uninstaller). No more crazy command-line stuff!
- 32- and 64-bit versions of Grace are now packaged together.
- Grace no longer requires a Java JDK to be installed from distributions. A JRE will suffice.
- Grace has a new logo and icons!
- Grace has a new user manual!
- Added non-tax-deductible option for line items (for honorariums, etc.)
- Added Credit Card donation type.
- Added and improved reports.
- Various bug fixes.