New in version 0.9.3
February 3rd, 2015
- Several GUI improvements — resizable columns, better column handling mechanism, many graphical glitches fixed;
- upgrade to FLTK 1.3.3;
- support for MIDI devices without Note Off message — some controllers use a different Note Off technique: they send a Note On with velocity at 0 or 127. Now Giada can understand it, thanks to the brilliant work of our friend blablack;
- many bugs fixed and internal improvements.
New in version 0.9.2 (December 3rd, 2014)
- New grid tool for the Sample Editor – cutting and chopping samples as never seen before;
- load samples via drag and drop;
- fix compilation issues on some Linux distros;
- many internal optimizations and bugs fixed.
New in version 0.8.3 (February 14th, 2014)
- Experimental MIDI timing output with MTC and MIDI clock;
- New pitch operators x2 and /2;
- Many nasty bugs fixed and other minor improvements done.
New in version 0.8.2 (January 14th, 2014)
- Pitch control exposed via MIDI;
- New tools in Sample Editor (linear fade in/out, smooth edges);
- Enhanced VST MIDI event support;
- Tons of bugs fixed and internal improvements.
New in version 0.8.1 (December 10th, 2013)
- This version provides a new high quality pitch control based on libsamplerate, plus new "spread sample to bar" and "spread sample to song" functions.
New in version 0.7.3 (September 17th, 2013)
- This version features an experimental 64-bit version for Linux, many improvements in the Piano Roll tool, a massive internal cleanup, fixes for many bugs, and minor improvements.
New in version 0.7.2 (July 28th, 2013)
- initial MIDI output support on multiple channels (1-16);
- a complete rewrite of the VST GUI part on OS X: better design, more stability, less/no crashes;
- many improvements on the internal MIDI routing;
- usual bugfixing and cleanups.
New in version 0.7.1 (June 28th, 2013)
- This version features initial Jack Transport support, lots of improvements for the Piano Roll Editor and MIDI output, and many bugfixes.
New in version 0.7.0 (June 6th, 2013)
- This version celebrates the beginning of MIDI output development, including VSTi (instrument) support and a new Piano Roll widget.
New in version 0.6.4 (May 9th, 2013)
- This version features lots of fixes, the resolution of many memory leaks, stability improvements, enhanced project portability, and useful internal cleanups.
New in version 0.6.3 (April 23rd, 2013)
- This version features a new "solo" button, a sortable project system, a new 'Single Endless' channel mode, GUI enhancements, and minor fixes.
New in version 0.6.2 (April 6th, 2013)
- This version features the new volume envelope widget, big enhancements in the action editor (zoom with the mouse wheel), a GUI redesign, and many other improvements and bugfixes.
New in version 0.6.1 (March 22nd, 2013)
- This version features support for an unlimited number of channels, as well as a deep internal refactoring.
New in version 0.6.0 (March 2nd, 2013)
- A revamped Sample Editor — with full screen support and zoom with mouse wheel;
- Sound bug in OS X fixed.
New in version 0.5.8 (February 7th, 2013)
- This version features automatic sample rate conversion, rewritten "internal mute" behavior, and the ability to automatically bring channels to full volume on sample load.
New in version 0.5.7 (January 22nd, 2013)
- This version adds a visual grid and snap-to-grid for the Action Editor, better zoom behavior in the Action Editor, enhanced VST support (many new opcodes implemented), and lots of under-the-hood improvements and fixes.
New in version 0.5.6 (January 3rd, 2013)
- This version features the new overdub mode for live recording, support for VST presets, and many optimizations and fixes.
New in version 0.5.5 (December 15th, 2012)
- "Hear what you're playing" feature;
- Fx processing on the input side;
- Ability to add different action types (Action Editor);
- Desktop integration on Linux (via deb package);
- Upgrade to FLTK 1.3.2.
New in version 0.5.4 (November 26th, 2012)
- This version adds VST GUI support, general improvements to plugin support, better subwindows management, graphical beautifications in the Action Editor, and minor bugfixes.
New in version 0.5.3 (October 26th, 2012)
- This version features the new live beat manipulators, revamped sub-windows management, an optional hard limiter on the output side, and many optimizations and improvements to the action editor.
New in version 0.5.2 (October 5th, 2012)
- This release adds the ability to handle actions and record mute actions for loop-mode channels.
- Additionally, it provides enhanced usability for the action editor and several internal optimizations.
New in version 0.5.1 (September 24th, 2012)
- Includes an initial and naive implementation of the Action Editor.
New in version 0.4.13 (July 10th, 2012)
- This release fixes several bugs and marks the end of the 0.4 series.
New in version 0.4.12 (July 2nd, 2012)
- VST parameters are now stored in patch files, PulseAudio support in Linux (thanks to RtAudio 4.0.11), revised .deb package and much more.
New in version 0.4.10 (May 30th, 2012)
- This version has the ability to shift up and down VST plugins in the stack, has an enhanced patch system, and fixes many potential crashes while adding and removing VST.
- A good number of bugs have been fixed.
New in version 0.4.9 (May 14th, 2012)
- no more mandatory inputs, enhanced audio layer, lots of usability improvements, tons of bugs fixed.
New in version 0.4.8 (April 21st, 2012)
- experimental VST support
- raw pitch controller (no resampling)
- Minor enhancements and bugfixing
New in version 0.4.7 (March 31st, 2012)
- Enhanced waveform editor featuring cut, trim and silence tools
- Lots of waveform drawing speedups
- Fixed compilation on 64 bit systems
New in version 0.4.5 (February 25th, 2012)
- This version brings a complete GUI redesign along with a refreshed website, multiple usability improvements, and tons of bugfixes.
New in version 0.4.4 (February 5th, 2012)
- This version features a new input/output channel selector, fixes for several usability issues and bugs, and minor internal optimizations.
New in version 0.4.3 (January 23rd, 2012)
- This version features the ability to store the entire project in a working directory ("project folder"), the ability to export samples to disk, several usability improvements, code cleanup, and bugfixes.
New in version 0.4.2 (January 9th, 2012)
- This version provides an initial implementation of the live sampler, many critical bugfixes, and some updates to documentation.
New in version 0.4.1 (December 8th, 2011)
- This version features a complete mixer engine refactoring, lots of fixes for action recorder/reader, many minor bugfixes, and a critical bugfix in the Mac OS X version.
New in version 0.4.0 (November 16th, 2011)
- It provides support for all major uncompressed audio files (thanks to the switch to libsndfile), enhanced support for Windows and OS X compilation, and minor optimizations and fixes.
New in version 0.3.6 (November 2nd, 2011)
- This version provides an initial Mac OS X version, complete access to all active drives on Windows, bugfixes, and internal optimizations.
New in version 0.3.4 (October 10th, 2011)
- With this version Giada finally goes open source, plus several internal improvements and a couple of critical bugs fixed.
New in version 0.3.3 (September 29th, 2011)
- This release provides a "normalize" function, more editing tools inside the sample editor, waveform beautifications, and some bugfixing.
New in version 0.3.2 (September 21st, 2011)
- New "mute" button inside the main window
- Usability improvements and minor bugs fixed for the sample editor
New in version 0.3.1 (September 13th, 2011)
- This release introduces volume boost, fine volume control, draggable (via mouse) start/end handles, and several usability improvements.
New in version 0.3.0 (September 2nd, 2011)
- This version added a new sample editor window, the ability to set start/end points within a sample, and several fixes and internal improvements.
New in version 0.2.7 (July 22nd, 2011)
- New way to handle recorded channels as loops
- Enhanced rewind with quantization support
- Several minor improvements and fixes
New in version 0.2.6 (July 11th, 2011)
- Internal metronome
- Minor optimizations and fixes
New in version 0.2.5 (June 20th, 2011)
- Full redesign of the control panel
- New control options
- Progress bar when loading patches
- Updated documentation
New in version 0.2.4 (June 8th, 2011)
- New loop repeat mode
- Improved patch system
- Sub-beat management
- Optimizations and bugfixing
New in version 0.2.3 (May 18th, 2011)
- This release provides ASIO support for Windows, improved patch reading, and several bugs fixed.
New in version 0.2.2 (May 4th, 2011)
- This release introduces a new open-source patch system, a large number of audio/interface improvements, and several bugfixes.
New in version 0.2.1 (April 26th, 2011)
- This version focused exclusively on Windows porting.
New in version 0.2.0 (April 20th, 2011)
- Full ALSA and JACK support (thanks to RtAudio)
- GUI glitches and minor bugs fixed
New in version 0.1.8 (April 13th, 2011)
- This release provides several new editing functions (clear all samples, clear all recs, etc.), a new resizable window browser, and other usability improvements.
New in version 0.1.7 (April 7th, 2011)
- This release brings enhanced recording deletion and minor bugfixes.
New in version 0.1.5 (March 14th, 2011)
- decimal bpm adjustment
- ability to shrink/expand actions when changing the global beats
- improved GUI for beats and bpm controllers
- improved routines for action management
- actions are now updated when you change bpm
New in version 0.1.4 (March 4th, 2011)
- This version gives the ability to save recorded actions, plus several recording improvements.
New in version 0.1.3 (February 28th, 2011)
- action recorder (first implementation)
- expanded documentation
New in version 0.1.2 (February 8th, 2011)
- master volume
- improved sound meter
- internal optimizations
New in version 0.1.1 (January 26th, 2011)
- This version offers a live quantizer, expansion to 32 channels, GUI restyling, and improved documentation.
New in version 0.1.0 (January 18th, 2011)
- ability to mute channels
- interaction and channel handling improvements
- improved documentation
New in version 0.0.12 (January 11th, 2011)
- This version features the ability to free a channel, a "stop" button to suspend the general program, several interaction improvements, and new documentation in HTML format.
New in version 0.0.11 (December 28th, 2010)
- The ability to customize keyboard shortcuts was added.
- Several bugs were fixed.
- Minor improvements were made.
New in version 0.0.10 (December 17th, 2010)
- A "single-mode retrig" mode was added.
- The number of channels was expanded to 16.
- A new advanced file browser was added.
- Startup crashes were fixed.
New in version 0.0.9 (December 9th, 2010)
- New loop-once mode, a new graphical beat meter, some GUI reorganization, and several bugfixes.
New in version 0.0.8 (November 29th, 2010)
- fixed a critical crash while loading a sample
- several usability enhancements
New in version 0.0.7 (November 19th, 2010)
- new peak meter with clip warning and system status report
- several usability and graphical improvements