March 11th, 2013
· Support Openbox window manager.
· Installer Improvements with more installing option.
· Improvements of the auto configuration wireless networking script.
· Auto configuration of Xorg.
· Nvidia drivers ready.
· 3D acceleration is supported on some Intel graphics cards.
· Numerous bug-fixes to GhostBSD related utilities.
· Downside Openbox and Lxde AMD64 ISO only fit on DVD, Due to an overload of Drivers added.
· And much more!
November 26th, 2012
· All /home/user file and folder have been fix(this was causing LibreOffice and other application to fail).
· We downsize i386 openbox image to fit on a CD.
· We fix the path of Bxpkg on i386.
November 13th, 2012
· FreeBSD 9.1-RC2 to FreeBSD 9.1-RC3.
· Bwi and Bwn firmware for Broadcom has been added to the default system.
· Openbox is now part of GhostBSD development.
· Mixmos have been added to Lxde and is port of Openbox version too.
· Now with Xorg configured in the boot process the keyboard, Mice, and video card should work properly.
October 19th, 2012
· FreeBSD 9.1-RC1 to FreeBSD 9.1-RC2.
· New WiFi configuration method.
· Firefox as been put pack instead of SeaMonkey.
· We have ported Lxmusic to FreeBSD and decide to finally replace Audacious.
· We have ported LxRandr to FreeBSD and add it.
· Xchat has been added.
· Xorg is now automatically configure(Nvidia native driver is supported. But not installed).
· With Xorg already configure this have fixa lot of problem with keybord not working.
· Slim has been replace by Gdm
September 8th, 2012
· FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1 to FreeBSD 9.1-RC1.
· Bxpkg got fixed - it now uses the 9-stable pkg instead of 9.0 pkg. (FreeBSD 9-stable pkg might change that can cause you error with the pkg manager.)
· We down size LXDE RC1 to fit on a CD again.
· WiFi configuration in /etc/rc.conf as been fix.
· Gnome Mplayer as been replace with Parole a lighter media player.
· Gxneur has been added for switching keyboard layout.
· Firefox has been replaced with SeaMonkey.
· Gedit has been replaced by Leafpad.
· Gcalctool has been replaced by Galculator.
· Audacious has been reported buggy. We had replaced it with Xfmedia. This is only for a temporary fix. But if ti get good feed back that might stay in the system.
· XScreenSaver has been added.
January 24th, 2012
· Many bugs have been fixed, many parts of the system updated, tweaked and fine-tuned.
· We now have two main branches of the system – one is based on GNOME desktop, the other on LXDE. Both fit perfectly on their respective mediums, are available in amd64 and i386 versions and can be downloaded in form of CD/DVD or USB images.
November 29th, 2011
· Pitivi on i386.
· The free space output on the GUI and TEXT BASE installer.
· The third install option on the TEXT BASE installer.
· Brasero is fix for root on amd64. But still don’t add data on normal user.
January 21st, 2011
· We the developing team of GhostBSD would like to announce the release of GhostBSD 2.0 x64 beta. This Flavor is only a live cd as of the moment. There are great improvements on the look, feel and the speed of this release. Some of the things that were done to the new release was our new logo, bug fixes, New live cd file system, and improvements to GDM where there is no more white screens during booting. GhostBSD 2.0 is base on freebsd 8.2.On GhostBSD 2.0 you will see Gnome 2.32, Rhythmbox 0.12.8_3, Pidgin 2.7.7, Firefox 3.6, Thunderbird 3.0.11.
July 29th, 2010
· Now You can install GhostBSD by terminal commands and a list with pc-sysinstall. The partition Supported to install GhostBSD are UFS, UFS+S (plus soft updates7), UFS+J (plus journaling8), ZFS, and SWAP.
· A how to install is in the desktop.
· With GhostBSD in your hard drive you have Linux-f10 compatibility that mean you can install Linux apps and Linux flash. Cups ready to use. Compiz install and ready to be use.
· This Is the first installable version. Not so user friendly. But I have promised
· something. The last month All was going wrong and I decide to go with pc-sysinstall. Now for the next 6 mount I gonna work on a graphic installer for 2.0.
July 9th, 2010
· On this beta we have the backend of PC-BSD installer But not configure to install GhostBSD
· We add Cups and Compiz but we have not test if cups work.
· compiz is part of the system but Whit xorg config that not gonna work. But when we gonna have thy installer done.
· GhostBSD gonna be ready to use compiz.
April 1st, 2010
· Base on FreeBSD-8-64amd-stable
· Run on Gnome 2.28.2.
· We update Firefox to 3.6.
· We remove gnome-games and Epyphany. We add some use full apps like Thunderbird, Abiword, Gnumeric, Geany, Planner and Gimp.
· Some user of GhostBSD ask for it.
· You can use sudo and su In terminal with out password.