New in version 0.46
May 2nd, 2014
- This version has 120 updates since 0.45, which include about 75% of kernel updates, as well as a number of enhancements to the support programs and options.
New in version 0.44 (April 1st, 2013)
- This is a stable release with many kernel updates and enhancements to scripts and support programs.
- There were over 70 alpha releases, with about 75% being kernel upgrades.
New in version 0.40 (February 14th, 2012)
- This version includes many kernel updates, an updated parted, Syslinux 4.05, cleandrive8.dialog code in the g4l30o11 script, VLAN support in 3.1.5 and 3.2-rc6, vconfig, syslinux, syslinux.com, and syslinux.exe, the ability to copy files from a directory to USB and use these programs to make it bootable. f3write and f3read version 2.0.4, test disk 6.14-WIP, busybox 1.19.4, kernel 3.0.20 (bz3x0.20), kernel 3.2.5 (bz3x2.5), and other minor updates.
New in version 0.37 (April 28th, 2011)
- This version fixed a number of issues and and made some minor improvements.
New in version 0.31 (September 29th, 2009)
- Added FTP check status to F: Option
- Busybox-1.15.1 plus patches as of 9/23/2009
- lzop support added to busybox
- syslinux 3.83 pre11 with hdt (Hardware Test) 0.34
- Updated Click-n-Clone option to just show disks
- Upgrade ncftp to 3.2.3
- updated some libraries and support programs
- Added some debug support for USB and other changes to kernel
- Updated file list option to show date and size
- Updated udp-sender and udp-receiver to 2009/09/20 version
New in version 0.30 (May 19th, 2009)
- Converted from Fedora 8 to Fedora 10 libraries and programs
- syslinux 3.80 (Bug Fixes) added syslinux hdt (Hardware Test) 0.33
- Kernels 184.108.40.206
- Frank submitted updated g4l script that adds
- udpcast options and make some menu functions.
- Recompiled kernels bz25 - bz29.3 to include cifs
- Adding CIFS (SAMBA) option to local menu
- Added basic MBR backup to Network and Local Menu
- Added MBR and EBR backup option.
- Have started working with 3 students on a special project with
- the main ideal of updating documentation to the current level
- and develope a g4l-lite that includes only default kernel and
- ramdisk.gz and tools to add g4l via grub4dos, grub, or syslinux.
- Devin Madrangchar * Wenifred Fasong * Julie Fenom
New in version 0.29 (February 10th, 2009)
- Release syslinux 3.73
- Kernels 220.127.116.11 and above rebuilt reduced size by about 1/2MB but usb keyboards stopped working.
- Have started working with 3 students on a special project with the main ideal of updating documentation to the current level and develope a g4l-lite that includes only default kernel and ramdisk.gz and tools to add g4l via grub4dos, grub, or syslinxu. Students: Devin Madrangchar, Wenifred Fasong and Julie Fenom.
New in version 0.28 (January 7th, 2009)
- busybox-1.13.2 - cleaned up applets
- syslinux 3.73 pre 7
- updated updcast
- kernels up to 18.104.22.168
- kernel 2.6.28
- added chkldd to check libraries
- moved programs to match with location on Fedora 8
- changed back to use Fedora dd and gzip because of speed issues
- Using grub4dos to run g4l from NTFS partitions
- updated udpcast programs to 12/13/2008
- added option to use run="command" from grub (added to g4lmenu)
New in version 0.27 (September 20th, 2008)
- The latest non-busybox programs from Fedora 8.
- A few unnecessary libraries have been found.
- ifcheck2.sh uses a dialog instead of echo for messages, and has a delay to provide process time on slower machines.
- Work has been done on adding an aespipe encryption option for encrypting FTP images with a GPG file and passphrase.
- There is an option to use sshfs to mount a remote directory and save an image via an SSH connection. busybox-1.11.2 is included.
- getkey.sh, a script to assist in getting the key and passphrase from USB, has been added. syslinux 3.72pre6 is included.