May 13th, 2013
· This stable version, codenamed "M'aidez!", is mainly a bugfix release triggered by recent changes in the search result format.
· Minor additions include the "-Y" option (skip fetching details), and "short input" into the TUI.
· Please move to Ruby 1.9, as 1.8 support will be phased out soon.
April 27th, 2013
· This stable version fixes GPX file corruption caused by the introduction of UTF-16-encoded characters, in particular "Emoji" (represented as surrogate pairs).
· Smileys in log entries are now converted back into their usual "BB" representation.
· A subtle bug affecting the TUI with automatic filename generation has been addressed.
· The Windows installer now comes with Ruby 1.9.3, in preparation of the Ruby version transition due in June (when support for 1.8.7 ends).
March 19th, 2013
· This stable version comes with favorite point filtering, a "not found by me" option, and support for more languages (notably, Latvian and Italian, and a fix for Portuguese).
· There are still a number of known glitches.
December 12th, 2012
· This version contains several experimental new features.
· A few of them will, together with accumulated bugfixes, be incorporated into the next stable release.
September 29th, 2012
· The GeoToad stable series 3.16 continues to fix known bugs and backport enhancements from the 3.17 development series.
· The new stable release 3.16.2 addresses a couple of issues with corrupted or inconsistent data and foreign language settings, improves selective cleanup for Windows, and speeds queries for single cache types.
· A new progressive delay mechanism, by slowing down excessive queries, can save your account.
· For Windows users' convenience, a PDF version of the manual page has been added.
June 30th, 2012
· Recent changes to the GC website (replacing "regular" cache sizes with "medium" for a subclass of queries) forced an update.
· Some other patched have been merged. If you're using Windows and Ruby 1.9, please check issue 247 and report your findings (GeoToad is slowly migrating away from Ruby 1.8, which becomes obsolete in June 2013).
February 18th, 2012
· It fixes the issue with text strings erroneously interpreted as "last found" dates.
· It allows output to multiple formats in a single run.
December 27th, 2011
· "Early filtering" by Difficulty/Terrain/cacheSize Is now working again.
· The number of search result pages is now limited.
· Country/state queries were added, and information on the syntax was added to the README.
· Small fixes were made to log time format and non-printable HTML entities.
May 13th, 2011
· Updated for the latest GC.com changes.
· Other minor improvements.
January 14th, 2011
· New output formats for feeding Garmin GPS units: gclist and gcvisits.
· Improved compatibility with GSAK (new formats: gpx-gsak and gpx-wpts).
· Other minor bugfixes and enhancements.
November 11th, 2010
· A new "list" output template for simple ASCII output.
· Now uses GPX 1.0.1 for output, which includes attributes.
· Support for outputting additional waypoints.
· Better support for Cash In Trash Out and Lost & Found caches.
· Many other bugfixes.
October 18th, 2010
· The code was updated for the latest GC.com changes.
· HTML output and offline mode were improved.
· Automatic funfactor adjustment (English only) was added, and a new SMS output template was added.
September 2nd, 2008
· This release adds a new filter (cacheType).
· It has been synced with the latest changes to the Geocaching.com website.
· Broken ampersand munging for XML output types (GPX and KML) has been fixed, and there is improved behaviour when run in disconnected mode.