January 24th, 2013
· The monitoring extension module is now an official extension [GEOS-5538].
· The status page no longer throws errors after catalog reloads [GEOS-5371].
· A critical fix has been made in the REST configuration of freemarker templates [GEOS-5533].
December 27th, 2012
· This version contains some minor new features and interesting fixes.
September 27th, 2012
· This version comes with some major new features and improvements.
October 14th, 2009
· This release is focused primarily on improvements to the robustness of the server.
· This includes the squashing of some rare memory and connection leaks, further refinements to the REST configuration API and shapefile output format, and many improvements to the documentation.
June 12th, 2009
· A new extension providing chart rendering in WMS maps
· datastore factories that can pick up the connection pool from JNDI for Oracle and DB2
· A number of SDE improvements, especially to raster handling and scalability
· Ability to set limits to time, memory and error counts generated by each WMS request
· A new datastore that can handle vector data pyramids to speed up WMS and WFS data serving
· A number of improvements in the REST configuration interaface
June 4th, 2009
· This release contains some new features, many having to do with improved map rendering options. WMS decoration was introduced, which provides a framework for adding images such as compasses and legends to WMS requests using absolute, not spatial, positioning. The GetFeatureInfo request, often used when clicking on an OpenLayers map, now has a parameter that can be adjusted to allow for looser tolerance, eliminating the need to click precisely on the feature. GetFeatureInfo also now observes the filters in the SLD, so as to prevent displaying information about a hidden feature. (Thanks to SATA Hi-Tech Services, an Italian company specializing in data security solutions, for providing funding for the GetFeatureInfo improvements.) Those who work with labels on your map will be pleased to note that label conflict resolution (the selective display of labels to prevent visual collisions) can now be turned off if desired. Finally, custom legends can now be generated for raster files via the GetLegendGraphic request.
January 26th, 2009
· Curved labeling. Label wrapping.
· Support for hatched fills.
· An OGR WFS output extension.
· An improved DB2 extension.
· An HTML imagemap extension.
· Label support in the GeoExt styler extension.
December 9th, 2008
· KML Super Overlay and Regionating support, KML Extrude support, KML Reflector improvements, a Mac OS X installer, a Dutch translation, an improved style for the Web admin interface, a new SQL Server DataStore extension, an improved Oracle DataStore extension, and default templates per namespace.
October 28th, 2008
· GeoServer security has been improved by allowing access control at the layer/feature type level, in addition to the service level. Rendering is faster with WMS, as well as faster data access with Shapefile, PostGIS, and ArcSDE.
· The preview interface now allows for better control of various rendering aspects such as anti-aliasing and image format.
· GeoServer now supports additional raster formats such as ECW, MrSID, and JPEG 2000 by leveraging the GDAL library.
· For developers, there is a change to the internal feature model, which now allows the modeling of complex feature relationships.