September 20th, 2012New features:
· XBMC Media Center 11 “Eden” frontend.
· PVR support for DVB Digital TV, to watch and record live TV
· Improved remote control support
· Support for Full HD videos on PandaBoard
· Support for Full HD videos on Cubox
· Improved HDD installation
· Installation support for (U)EFI systems
· Installation support for SSD’s
· x86 32 and 64 bits PCs
· ARM TI OMAP4 Pandaboard
· ARM nVidia Tegra2 Harmony
· ARM Cubox (armada5xx)
· ARM Snowball ux500
· Linux Kernel v3.4.4.
· Systemd v188.
· BusyBox v1.21
· Connman Network Manager v1.6.
· Xorg Server v1.11.4.
· Mesa v8.0.3
· OPKG Package Manager v0.18
· USB persistent user data storage.
· ALSA v18.104.22.168.
· Support for Analog, SPDIF and HDMI output devices.
· Support for Intel, nVidia, ATI, Matrox and VIA GPUs.
· Support for CRT, LCD and HDMI output devices.
· OpenGL and OpenGL|ES hardware assisted graphics acceleration.
· VDPAU, VA-API and Crystal HD hardware assisted video decoding for nVidia, Intel and Broadcom GPUs.
· Mouse and Synaptics touch pads.
· HID Keyboards.
· Remote Controls.
· PluseEight CEC devices.
· NFS shares.
· Samba auto-discovery.
· UPnP / DLNA media discovery.
· ZeroConf services announcements.
· HTTP server.
· FTP server
· SSH server
· XBMC Media Center 11 “Eden” frontend.
· Movies and TV Shows, with subtitles support.
· Music Collection
· Pictures and Slideshows
· CDDA, DVD and (non encrypted) Bluray support.
· Media Database Support.
· Internet MovieDB / TVDB metadata and covers grabbers.
· Vu+ addon
· Xvdr addon
· Vdr server
· Tvheadend server
June 20th, 2009
· Multi-threaded video decoding for MPEG-1/2/4 and H.264 codecs.
· Support for newly discovered DVD MovieProtect encryption method.
· Extended DVD CSS descrambiling capabilities.
· Removal of GOOM audio visualization (was causing too much troubles).
· Automount daemon enhancements.
· Upgrade of MPlayer and its set of codecs.
December 29th, 2008
· We've performed a huge amount of bug fixes in various areas and were able to correct some longstanding issues we had. Two major changes come with this release: a completely new auto-mounter that now relies on D-BUS and HAL and the restoration of installer feature. Finally you should be able to install GeeXboX again, on both your hard disk drives and USB keys. Other parts of GeeXboX also had a few changes, mostly regarding the player that received a few fixes for audio CDs, DVDs, AAC and RealVideo 9 playback. Changelog: upgraded Linux kernel to 22.214.171.124; upgraded ATI Radeon and RAGE 128 drivers; updated MPlayer to r28184 (provides native RealVideo 9 / RV30 decoder)....
December 15th, 2008
· Here comes the second beta release of GeeXboX 1.2. There are no major changes in terms of features, but the distribution is now much more stable. Most of the corrections took place at the driver level, as many people encountered some issues with hardware support. The few PowerPC users that still exist will also be pleased to know that we've manage to resurrect the port to this architecture. Changelog: upgrade Linux kernel to 126.96.36.199; massive firmware upgrades, fixes many driver loading issues; update uClibc to 0.9.30; restore PowerPC architecture support; update X.Org server to 1.5.3; add HAL support, X.Org now uses evdev/XInput to handle input devices; upgrade MPlayer to r28089; native RealVideo 10 decoder....
November 2nd, 2008
· As told at the time of the 1.1 release, the major change is X.Org inclusion. This was a lot of work but this allows GeeXboX to fully support wide screens and all of the new HDTV monitors. Everything is auto-detected and configured and it should detect the best resolution that suits your monitor. Along with X.Org, come all of its video drivers. Say bye bye to VIDIX (as good as it was) and welcome to XVideo. This brings video acceleration to nearly all video cards in the wild. The whole distribution is now modularized to best detect your hardware and load only what is needed. Many drivers have been added and installation has been completely reworked for better usability. This version also has been optimized for various platforms like Eee PCs, EasyGate, and it brings official support to MacIntel computers.