New in version 1.24.1
April 22nd, 2014
- Shortly after 1.24, we release 1.24.1 which fixes missing inclusion of two files in the release tarball, resulting in various small UI issues (see bugs #1037 and #1038). We are sorry for this inconvenience.
- Note that only distribution tarballs are affected, neither the Windows installer nor the installations performed from Git clones are.
New in version 1.24 (April 14th, 2014)
- New plugin Pohelper
- New plugin PairTagHighlighter
- New plugin Autoclose
- New plugin Geanypy (Python bindings)
- New plugin Defineformat
- Experimental support of Gtk3 on many of the plugins
New in version 1.23.1 (May 20th, 2013)
- Fix custom styles under KDE and for people using gtk-chtheme (corrects tab coloring, #3607935).
- Fix broken opening files from command line on Windows (#3613096).
New in version 1.23 (March 11th, 2013)
- Add new plugin Commander
- Add new plugin markdown
- Add new plugin Scope
- Removing plugin geanyGDB
- Major rework on Tableconvert
- Updated translations: ca, de, es, fr, nl, tr
New in version 1.22 (June 19th, 2012)
- Rewrite and improve theming support.
- Update Scintilla to 2.29.
- Full PCRE regular expression support for search and replace.
- Add filetype Objective-C (Elias Pschernig).
- Always load the default session if configured to do so.
- Fix detection of raw strings in C and C++.
- Improve support for HTML embedded filetypes.
- Add translations: ar, id, lt, mn, nn, sk.
- Update translations: de, es, fr, hu, it, ja, kk, lt, nl, pl, pt, pt_BR, sk, sl, sv, tr, zh_CN, zh_TW.
New in version 0.21 (October 3rd, 2011)
- This is a new major release with important bugfixes, better usability, new filetypes (Scala, Cython, Cobol), updated translations, and various new features.
New in version 0.20 (January 10th, 2011)
- Improve compatibility with GVFS using GIO to save documents (Alexey Antipov).
- Fix sometimes crashing when closing a modified document and choosing Save.
- Reorganise Find in Files dialog and add Files pattern to filter search results.
- Show mimetype icon in sidebar Documents list and notebook popup menu (Colomban Wendling).
- Add per-document indent width setting (Jiří Techet).
- Fix passing quoted arguments when using 'Send Selection to'. This means e.g. sed 's/\./(dot)/g' now works.
- Add alternative color scheme based on Python colors (View->Editor->Color Schemes - not all filetypes supported yet).
- Auto-indent after an HTML/XML line without a closing tag (Eugene Arshinov).
- Add Forth filetype (Thomas Huth).
- Add Lisp filetype (Mário Silva).
- Add Erlang filetype (Taylor Venable).
- Add translations: kk.
- Update translations: cs, de, en_GB, es, fi, fr, hu, ja, nl, pt, sl, sv, tr, zh_CN.
New in version 0.19.2 (December 2nd, 2010)
- This is a small bugfix release to fix an important bug where Geany did not always report an error message when saving a document failed.
New in version 0.19.1 (August 20th, 2010)
- This is a bugfix release including fixes for broken autocompletion, document detection on Windows and various other issues. There are also some tweaks including ignoring background colors when printing.