June 19th, 2012
· ADDED: Install on the boot sector of a partition instead of the MBR.
· FIXED: Fix installation detection in Gentoo.
· FIXED: Fix translation loading.
May 10th, 2011
· ADDED: Recover GRUB2 (from a Live CD).
· ADDED: Option to toggle generation of memtest entries.
· ADDED: Manually find missing configuration files which are needed.
· ADDED: Restore default settings.
· FIXED: Warn the user when trying to uninstall the current kernel.
· I18N: Added 9 new translations: Danish, German, Estonian, Hungarian, Dutch, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Swedish, Ukrainian.
May 1st, 2011
· Remove Old Entries
· Provide list of valid GRUB resolutions
· The other cool feature introduced in 0.4.5 is detection of valid GRUB resolutions. To get a list of GRUB supported resolutions for your setup would require to reboot, enter the GRUB command line and type ‘vbeinfo’. Quite nasty compared to launching the GRUB Editor and selecting a resolution, huh? Damn, you will miss all the dirty work.
· Other features include the simplification of the default-entry-picking and resolutions-picking UI (as can be seen in the screenshots above), variable substitution using ‘echo’ (Debian/Kubuntu users will no longer see `lsb_release -i -s 2> /dev/null || echo Debian` but the result of this command), a couple of minor fixes in the splash image creation dialog, and last but not least unified save and update actions (you will asked for your password only once when saving – makes more sense).
April 4th, 2011
· Version 0.3.6 is a small fix release which tuned some things here and there. I had to do it because it fixes a security issue which was accidentally introduced in the previous release (0.3.5). Upgrading is highly encouraged! More info here: http://ksmanis.wordpress.com/2011/04/03/grub2-bootloader-editor-v0-3-6/
April 1st, 2011
· ADDED: Splash image creation dialog.
· ADDED: Linux Kernel parameters suggestions.
· ADDED: Terminal suggestions.
· FIXED: Reload configuration after updating GRUB.
· FIXED: Preview GRUB wallpapers (=splash images) fullscreen.
March 21st, 2011
· ADDED: Allow previewing a wallpaper (=splash image).
· ADDED: Support for GRUB_INIT_TUNE.
· FIXED: Make colors actually work.
· FIXED: Handle better GRUB device naming.
· FIXED: Rewrote big part of the code.
March 16th, 2011
· ADDED: Resolution options improved.
· ADDED: Visual color management.
· ADDED: File selection dialogs for Wallpaper and Theme.
· ADDED: Incorporated CPack in the build system.
· FIXED: Improved detection of GRUB's configuration files (depends on distributions).