May 1st, 2013
· This version includes another critical bugfix for a potential crash that might cause loss of data while moving or copying a partition.
· It is strongly recommended that all users of GParted 0.15.0 and 0.16.0 upgrade to GParted 0.16.1 to avoid data loss.
April 25th, 2013
· Avoid crash in GParted when moving or copying partitions
· Fix GParted scans forever blank disk in virtual machine
· Add support for f2fs file system
April 18th, 2013
· The underlying GNU/Linux operating system was upgraded. This release is based on the Debian Sid repository (as of 2013/Apr/18)
March 20th, 2013
· Live tracking of command progress output in the details log
· Move operations are twice as fast as prior versions
· Proper cancel support added
· Volume label length now based on file system type
· Unallocated space is selected by default
New key bindings added:
· Insert --> New Partition
· Ctrl+Enter --> Apply All Operations
December 12th, 2012
· Fix Linux software RAID device detection
· Fix logical partition grow overlaps extended partition end
October 11th, 2012Key changes include:
· Add LVM PV read-write support
· Fix crash when pressing Esc in dialogs with number entry
· Add LVM PV read-write support (#670171) Thanks to Mike Fleetwood for this 20 piece patch set
· Fix crash when pressing Esc in dialogs with number entry (#682658)
· Ubuntu launchpad #375095 Thanks to Mike Fleetwood for this small patch
Ignore invalid reiserfs UUIDs (#684115) which includes:
· Switch to using debugreiserfs to read the UUID
· Switch to using jfs_tune to read the UUID
· Update file system specific validation of RFC 4122 UUIDs for btrfs, ext2, ext3, ext4, jfs, linux_swap, nilfs2, reiser4, reiserfs, and xfs.
· Switch to using debugfs.reiser4 to read the label
· Thanks to Mike Fleetwood for this patch set
· Fix mounted file system size and usage determination for ext2/3/4 (#683255)
· Thanks to Mike Fleetwood for this patch set
· cs(Marek Černocký), es(Daniel Mustieles), fr(Claude Paroz), gl(Fran Diéguez, Leandro Regueiro), hu(Gabor Kelemen), id(Andika Triwidada), it(Milo Casagrande), ko(Seong-ho Cho), lt(Aurimas Černius), ml(Ani Peter), pl(Piotr Drąg), pt_BR(Djavan Fagundes), sl(Matej Urbančič), sr(Мирослав Николић), sr@latin(Мирослав Николић), th(Akom Chotiphantawanon), uk(Daniel Korostil), zh_HK(Chao-Hsiung Liao), zh_TW(Chao-Hsiung Liao)
July 14th, 2012
· This release of GParted adds the ability to show if partition size differs from file system size. This new feature enables you to identify unallocated space within a partition and can suggest how you can put this space to good use. Also included are bug fixes and language translation updates. Key changes include: Show difference if partition size differs from file system size. Avoid end partition overlap when resizing extended partition.
April 10th, 2012
· Enable new file system resize library available with parted-3.1
· Handle more than 15 partitions on a disk device with parted-3.1
· Ensure space for EBR when resizing Extended partition
· Ensure Align to MiB does not overlap following partition
December 14th, 2011
· Display ext2/3/4, ntfs, and btrfs unicode volume labels properly
· Add labelling of btrfs file systems
· Enable XFS copy to new smaller partition
November 1st, 2010NOTES:
· This release of GParted adds initial support for the btrfs file system, and fixes two critical bugs. Also included are other bug fixes and language translation updates.
Key changes include:
· Add initial support for btrfs
· Fix crash at start with glibmm-ERROR
· Fix crash moving more than one logical partition right
· Add initial support for btrfs (#571170)
· Fix gparted crash at start with glibmm-ERROR
· Crash due to using ustring for file system signature recognition
· Ubuntu launchpad #609477
· Ubuntu launchpad #617885
· Thanks go to Seth Heeren for this small patch
· Fix crash moving more than one logical partition right (#628863)
· Fix several memory leaks and valgrind errors (#631201)
· Remove unnecessary null pointer checks (#539092)
· Insert additional translator comments (#631684)
· Fix partitions moved or copied are 1 MiB larger (#632478)
· Skip move/copy action because linux swap contains no data (#589555)
· Ubuntu launchpad #401228
· Ensure 1 MiB reserved when moving partition to start of disk
· bg(Alexander Shopov), da(Ask H. Larsen),
· de(Mario Blättermann, Christian Kirbach), es(Jorge González),
· et(Mattias Põldaru), gl(Fran Diéguez), fr(Claude Paroz),
· hu(Gabor Kelemen), id(Andika Triwidada), kk(Baurzhan Muftakhidinov),
· lt(Aurimas Černius, Žygimantas Beručka), nb(Kjartan Maraas),
· pa(A S Alam), pl(Piotr Drąg, Tomasz Dominikowski),
· pt(António Lima), pt_BR(Antonio Fernandes C. Neto),
· sl(Matej Urbančič), uk(Maxim V. Dziumanenko),
· zh_CN(Aron Xu, Yunqiang Su), zh_HK(Chao-Hsiung Liao, Wei-Lun Chao),
· zh_TW(Chao-Hsiung Liao, Wei-Lun Chao)
· btrfs-tools package is required for optional btrfs support.
August 2nd, 2010
· Re-enable MiB partition alignment option
· Fix problem with logical partition move overwriting EBR (bug #623630)
July 9th, 2010
· Fix crash moving partition when size is a multiple of 16 MiB
· Disable MiB alignment temporarily until bug #623630 can be fixed.
June 19th, 2010
· The GParted team is proud to announce this release brings support for devices with sector sizes greater than 512 bytes.
· For the last three decades, 512 byte sector sizes have been the norm and many tools, including GParted, were hard coded to assume this sector size.
· Also included in this release are bug fixes, and language translation updates.
Key changes include:
· Add support for devices with sector sizes > 512 bytes
· Add alignment option to align to MiB
· Set _default_ alignment to align to MiB
When used with libparted versions 2.3 and lower on devices with sector sizes > 512 bytes:
· hfs/hfs+: used/unused space not detected
· hfs/hfs+: shrink file system not available
January 25th, 2010
· Work around partition resizing problems with newer udev and kernels
· Avoid crashes by ignoring devices with sector size > 512 bytes
December 3rd, 2009RAID systems now supported include:
· Hardware RAID
· Motherboard BIOS RAID (also known as Fake RAID - dmraid)
· Linux Software RAID (mdadm)
Key changes include:
· Add auto detection of Linux software RAID devices
· Re-enable ability to paste into an existing partition
· Ensure parted-1.9.0 is patched if using with GParted
November 2nd, 2009
· Ensure no pending operations before creating partition table
· Improve dmraid device and name recognition
· Add support for devicekit-disks device automount prevention
· Fix problem finding symbolic link device mount points
May 9th, 2009BUG FIXES:
· Improved crypt-luks detection (#578300)
· Improved dmraid device detection by checking udev if needed (n/a)
· Enhanced to search for udevadm if udevsettle not found (n/a). Thanks to Lorenzo Cogotti aka Micia for this tip.
· Improved UUID detection to fall back to vol_id if available (n/a)
· Improved file system detection with fall back to vol_id (n/a)
· ca(David Planella), de(Christian Kirbach, Mario Blättermann), es(Jorge Gonzalez Gonzalez), kk(Baurzhan Muftakhidinov)
April 22nd, 2009
· New upstream GParted 0.4.4
April 2nd, 2009BUG FIXES:
· Added support for /dev/mapper dmraid devices (#317262)
· Added recognition of /dev/mmcblk* SD/MMC devices (#564985)
· Enhanced resize to only move start if space before changed (#571151)
· Maintained label and UUID when resizing swap (#575585)
· Added detection of LUKS encrypted partitions (#490740)
· Added detection of btrfs file system (part of #571170) - Thanks to Luca Bruno for initial btrfs support patch.
· Improved new comments for translators (#576956)
· cs(Adrian Guniš), da(Ask H. Larsen, Per Kongstad), de(Mario Blättermann, Jochen Skulj), es(Jorge Gonzalez), eu(Inaki Larranaga Murgoitio), fr(Claude Paroz), gl(Suso Baleato), hu(Gabor Kelemen), it(Milo Casagrande), ja(Hideki Yamane, Mitsuya Shibata), lv(Raivis Dejus), pa(A S Alam), pt(António Lima), pt_BR(Djavan Fagundes, Vladimir Melo, Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle), ru(Yuriy Myasoedov), sk(Pavol Klačanský), sv(Daniel Nylander), zh_CN(Whistler)
· For dmraid support, the following three commands are required: - dmsetup - dmraid - kpartx
· For GNU/Linux distribution dmraid support, the following are required: - kernel built with Device Mapping and Mirroring. From menuconfig, it is under Device Drivers -> (RAID & LVM). - dmraid drive arrays activated on boot (e.g., dmraid -ay).
February 12th, 2009BUG FIXES:
· Corrected name of lock taken by hal-lock (#571347) - Thanks to Jonas Pedersen for finding this mistake.
· Fixed crash on startup with Russian language (#570855) - Thanks to Dmitriy Motitskiy for small patch.
· de (Mario Blättermann)
· it (Milo Casagrande)
February 5th, 2009
· The big news for this GParted release is support for ext4 file systems, and the addition of an application help manual.
· Added support for ext4 file system
· Support for ext4 is built into version 2.6.28 of the Linux kernel
· e2fsprogs version 1.41.0 or higher required
· Created application help manual
· Updated gparted manual page
· Made text beside field labels selectable (i.e., copy/paste UUID)
· Added lvm2 physical volume detection
· Reduced file system information disk reads to improve performance
· Fixed application crash when saving details and locale not set
· Enhanced copy/paste checks when MBR/EBR involved
November 30th, 2008
· This release of GParted rolls back /dev/mapper/* detection.
· The problem was that all /dev/mapper/* entries were added to the device list including LVM partitions. This was confusing behaviour to GParted users, and in my opinion it was better to roll back this change.
· A work-around for /dev/mapper/* device detection is available by passing the device names to gparted on the command line. E.g., gparted /dev/mapper/device-name
· Thanks to François Dupoux for identifying this problem early, and working towards a resolution.
November 29th, 2008BUG FIXES:
· Enabled device passing with gnome-desktop-item-launch (#561495)
· Added explanation to Features dialog (#353104)
· Trimmed some information from Features dialog (#342682)
· Renamed button for improved clarity (#561350)
· Enabled full toolbar display for longer languages (#561068)
· Fixed destination too small on copy and paste (#556058)
· Removed warning reading mounted reiser4 file system (#380546)
· Enhanced to recognize /dev/mapper/* devices (#556114) Thanks to Colin Watson for the patch.
· Enhanced gparted_details.htm to pass XHTML validator (#525347) Thanks to Markus Elfring for the small patch.
· Implemented themed application icon (#350894) Thanks to Sebastian Kraft for the icons. Thanks to Michael Monreal for the small patch.
· ca(David Planella), cs(Adrian Gunis), de(Jochen Skulj and Mario Blättermann), es(Jorge Gonzalez and Milton Galo Patricio), fi(Ilkka Tuohela), fr(Robert-André Mauchin and Claude Paroz), gl(Ignacio Casal Quinteiro), hu(Gabor Kelemen), it(Milo Casagrande and Ubuntu-it), pt_BR(Carlos Eduardo Santos, Vladimir Melo, and Djavan Fagundes), sk(Pavol Klačanský), sv(Daniel Nylander), uk(Vitovt), zh_HK(Chao-Hsiung Liao), zh_TW(Chao-Hsiung Liao),
· blkid command required to read file system UUIDs. blkid is part of e2fsprogs.