GNU tar Changelog
New in version 1.27.1November 18th, 2013
- Fix unquoting of file names obtained via the -T option.
- Fix GNU long link header timestamp (backward compatibility).
- Fix extracting sparse members from star archives.
New in version 1.23 (March 10th, 2010)
- Improved record size autodetection
- Use of lseek on seekable archives
- New command line option --warning
- New command line option --level
- Improved behavior if some files were removed during incremental dumps
- Modification times of PAX extended headers
- Time references in the --pax-option argument
- Augmented environment of the --to-command script
- Fix handling of hard link targets by -c --transform
- Fix hard links recognition with -c --remove-files
- Fix restoring files from backup (debian bug #508199)
- Correctly restore modes and permissions on existing directories
- The --remove-files option removes files only if they were succesfully stored in the archive
- Fix storing and listing of the volume labels in POSIX format
- Improve algorithm for splitting long file names (ustar format)
- Fix possible memory overflow in the rmt client code (CVE-2010-0624)