New in version 2.1.9
February 17th, 2009
- Issues with the new sped-up syntax highlighting code were corrected.
- Other fixes include configure-time detection of groff HTML support before attempting to generate the HTML version of man pages.
- Using ~ or ~username syntax in .nanorc should now work again.
- Also, nano will now only ask for one acknowledgment of errors it encounters when parsing nanorc files, and a new -q (--quiet) flag will silence these messages altogether.
New in version 2.1.8 (February 8th, 2009)
- This release includes some long overdue performance improvements in syntax color highlighting, the ability to abort running searches (useful mainly when editing very large files), and the ability to use nano like a pager for viewing standard input (i.e. "nano -").
- Additionally, there are gentoo syntax highlighting updates and fixes for issues with reading files in a directory with strange parent directory permissions.
- The key bindings code was also substantially changed in order to be more ISO-C compatible.
New in version 2.1.7 (November 11th, 2008)
- This release includes a new check for external modifications when saving a file, some code and documentation cleanups, and more bugfixes for the new undo code.
New in version 2.1.5 (August 31st, 2008)
- This release contains a better fix for incorrectly reported successful writes on full filesystems, more helpful messages when an internal error occurs in the undo code, and fixes for various combinations of configure-time options and compiler flags.
- Also included is new support for changing the rc file name at configure time, and using GNU-style regexes for word-boundaries on systems that do not support them natively, as well as the ever popular translation updates.