GNU awk Changelog
New in version 4.0.1March 30th, 2012
- The default handling of backslashes in sub() and gsub() has been reverted to the behavior of 3.1, despite having brought standards compliance.
- The implementation of Rational Range Interpretation has been completed.
- Failure to set the group is no longer a fatal error.
- Lots of minor bugs have been fixed.
- Many portability improvements have been made.
New in version 3.1.7 (September 2nd, 2009)
- Lots of enhancements and bugfixes were made.