New in version 1.4.9
July 27th, 2015
- Fix strtol parse corner cases in several commands.
- Minor documentation fixes.
New in version 1.3.4 (December 13th, 2013)
- Support 'solchannelsupport' workraound in ipmiconsole / IPMICONSOLE_WORKAROUND_SKIP_CHANNEL_PAYLOAD_SUPPORT workaround flag in libipmiconsole.
- Fix SDR cache workaround for motherboards with invalid SDR record counts listed.
- Workaround Supermicro bug in bmc-watchdog.
- Fix error checks in sensor decoding functions, leading to possible problems in ipmi-sensors-config.
- Update documentation with additional workarounds for motherboards.
- Fix various minor bugs.
New in version 1.3.3 (October 31st, 2013)
- Add support for intelnm get-node-manager-alert-destination and set-node-manager-alert-destination in ipmi-oem.
- Under very verbose mode, ipmi-sel will now record types for OEM records. This should allow OEM parses outside of FreeIPMI to more effectively parse OEM specific SEL records.
- Fix big endian portability bugs.
New in version 1.3.2 (September 11th, 2013)
- This version of FreeIPMI fixes a number of tools that were checking libfreeipmi API error codes incorrectly, leading to sub-optimal behavior.
New in version 1.3.1 (August 23rd, 2013)
- This version makes a number of changes to the reporting of timestamps to comply with the IPMI specification.
- All tools now report time in localtime (vs. UTC time).
- Options such as --utc-to-localtime, --localtime-to-utc, and --utc-offset have been added to allow users to adjust for their individual environments.
- Ipmi-fru has been updated to support the FRU 1.2 revision, which includes new FRU multirecords.
- Ipmi-fru now also supports the interpretation of DDR3 SDRAM entries.
- A number of other minor bugs and features have also been fixed or added.
New in version 1.2.7 (May 17th, 2013)
- This version fixes a critical bug through which sensor values of OEM sensors could be output incorrectly.
New in version 1.2.6 (April 30th, 2013)
- OEM sensor support has been added for HP Proliant DL160 G8 and Supermicro X9SCM-iiF motherboards.
- In ipmi-dcmi, errors in the output for --get-dcmi-capability-info, --get-dcmi-sensor-info, and --get-enhanced-system-power-statistics were fixed.
- In ipmiconsole/libipmiconsole, an "SOL Inuse" error message instead of "BMC Error" will output when appropriate.
- In all IPMI 2.0/rmcpplus communication, several padding corner cases have been fixed, which may have made FreeIPMI unable to communicate with some stronger conforming BMCs.
New in version 1.2.5 (February 28th, 2013)
- In all configuration tools, a bug that occurred when the user specified --checkout and --filename options and no data was output to a file was fixed.
- Tools now exit with value 1 when non-fatal errors occur and value 2 when fatal errors occur.
- Supermicro X9SPU-F-O OEM sensors and events and Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ OEM interpretations are now supported.
New in version 1.2.4 (January 11th, 2013)
- This version adds support for Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ OEM sensors and events.
- It also fixes output corner cases in bmc-info, fixes an Intel set-power-restore-delay corner case in ipmi-oem, and fixes a memleak in ipmiseld, a potential fd leak in libfreeipmi, an error output corner case in libfreeipmi, and several other more minor bugs discovered by a static code analyzer.
New in version 1.2.3 (November 15th, 2012)
- Dell Poweredge R720 support has been added to many tools and libraries, including ipmi-oem, ipmi-sensors, and ipmi-sel. In all tools and libraries, a new "nochecksumcheck" workaround has been added for bad firmware found in Supermicro motherboards.
New in version 1.2.2 (October 3rd, 2012)
- This version of FreeIPMI adds the ability to specify a SOL payload instance when doing serial over LAN.
- It's available as the --sol-payload-instance option in ipmiconsole and new functions in libipmiconsole.
- The ability to deactivate all SOL sessions currently active is also supported.
New in version 1.2.1 (August 23rd, 2012)
- This is a new major release of FreeIPMI with many new features.
- Amongst the biggest changes are the addition of a new ipmiseld daemon to help log IPMI system event logs and migrate the events to the local syslog, oem power control in ipmipower, the ability to specify target channels and slave addresses in all tools, the ability to specify alternate ports for communication, the ability to bridge FRU entries, support for atomic operations in ipmi-sel, and a wide range of Intel Node Manager support in ipmi-oem.
New in version 1.1.7 (July 31st, 2012)
- Several units outputs were fixed in ipmi-sensors and ipmi-sel.
- Additional corner cases were fixed in bmc-info.
New in version 1.1.6 (June 29th, 2012)
- This version supports Supermicro SEL OEM interpretations (i.e., --output-event-state support in ipmi-sel), additional sensors and SEL event interpretations (i.e, --output-sensor-state and --output-event-state options in ipmi-sensors and ipmi-sel), and additional IPMI OEM sensors in the Supermicro X9DRi-F motherboard, and fixes a variety of minor bugs.
New in version 1.1.5 (May 18th, 2012)
- OEM support for Supermicro H8DGU-F motherboards has been added.
- Various minor bugs have been fixed in many of the tools, including a password length check bug in ipmiconsole, the --start-if-stopped option in bmc-wachdog, the --reset-if-running option in bmc-watchdog, parallel output corner cases in ipmi-sensors-config, quiet outputs in ipmi-oem/bmc-device, and device busy errors in ipmi-fru.
- Start run levels have also been fixed in the ipmidetectd init script.
New in version 1.1.4 (April 21st, 2012)
- This release adds OEM extensions and SEL OEM interpretations for the Intel S2600JF/Appro 512x, SEL and sensor monitoring interpretations for the Intel S5000PAL, various documentation updates, and minor bugfixes.
New in version 1.1.3 (March 8th, 2012)
- This version adds support for Supermicro OEM SEL events.
- It also fixes a number of bugs, including a corner case with Dell C410x slot power control in ipmi-oem, cipher suite privilege configuration workarounds on HP DL145 machines, cipher suite privilege configuration workarounds on Intel S2600JF machines, and proper error messages being returned in libipmimonitoring.
New in version 1.1.1 (January 4th, 2012)
- This version includes a new ipmi-pet tool to parse and interpret platform event traps (PET). A new --sdr-cache-file option is available in all SDR related tools (ipmi-sensors, ipmi-sel, etc.) to specify a specific SDR cache file to use.
- Support for Quanta QSSC-S4R/Appro GB812X-CN OEM sensors, SEL events, and SDR entries has been added.
- DCMI 1.5 additions have been added to libfreeipmi.
- A number of additional workarounds and bugs are also supported in this release.
New in version 1.0.10 (December 14th, 2011)
- This version of FreeIPMI contains additional documentation updates.
New in version 1.0.9 (November 22nd, 2011)
- This version of FreeIPMI supports new OEM sensors on Supermicro X9SCA-F-O and X9SCM-F motherboards.
New in version 1.0.8 (October 27th, 2011)
- A variety of event output corner cases were fixed in ipmi-sel.
- ipmi-raw and ipmi-oem allocation bugs on newer systems such as RHEL6 were fixed.
- Support was added for OEM sensor/SEL events for Intel S2600JF/Appro 512X.
- Per the definition, GUIDs are now output with lower case characters in bmc-info.
- Minor bugs were fixed.
New in version 1.0.7 (September 29th, 2011)
- This version includes a number of updates for newer motherboards.
- It includes many new sensor/SEL event interpretations for IBM motherboards, OEM extensions for Supermicro motherboards, and workarounds for Fujitsu motherboards.
- In addition, a number of minor bugs were fixed including parsing bugs, error code handling bugs, and improper exporting of library symbols.
New in version 1.0.6 (September 2nd, 2011)
- This version supports the new 'ignorescanningdisabled' workaround in ipmi-sensors.
- It may be useful for a number of Dell Poweredge servers that incorrectly report their sensors as "disabled".
- Supermicro OEM sensors on X8SIL-F, X9SCL, and X9SCM motherboards are also supported.
- The bmc-watchdog logrotate script has been updated to reduce unnecessary output.
New in version 1.0.4 (April 22nd, 2011)
- Support for new "discretereading" and "spinpoll" workarounds to deal with sensors and performance on some motherboards.
- Additional sensor/SEL interpretations for Intel motherboards.
- Convenience input checking functions in libipmiconsole.
- A bug in libipmimonitoring has been fixed to allow additional OEM interpretations.
New in version 1.0.2 (February 23rd, 2011)
- This version contains a number of bug fixes, documentation fixes, and support for OEM sensors.
- The --ignore-unrecognized-events option is supported in ipmi-sensors to handle motherboards with non-compliant events.
- OEM sensors and interpretations are supported on Supermicro X7DBR-3, Supermicro X8DTL-3F, Supermicro X8DT3-LN4F, and Dell Poweredge R210.
- Workarounds were added for HP Proliant DL585G7 in ipmi-sel.
- Workarounds were added for BMCs that do not allow you to duplicate usernames in bmc-config.
New in version 1.0.1 (January 21st, 2011)
- This version adds a wide variety of new features.
- Included are additional sensor interpretation rules, support for OEM sensor interpretations, support for SEL log interpretations, additional monitoring support in libipmimonitoring, additional workarounds for more motherboards, additional OEM extension support, support for DCMI 1.1, and early support for the Intel Node Manager.
New in version 0.8.12 (December 7th, 2010)
- This version fixes bugs, works around motherboard IPMI issues, and supports more OEM extentions.
- Included are workarounds for HP DL145 servers in bmc-config, leap year calculation bugs in ipmi-fru, boot configuration issues in ipmi-chassis-config, and OEM sensors on Supermicro X8DTU motherboards.
New in version 0.8.10 (September 29th, 2010)
- This version adds new OEM extensions for Inventec, Quanta, and Intel motherboards. Intel Node Manager SEL OEM extension support is also supported across a wide range of motherboards.
- A workaround called "assumeio" has been added to deal with issues on HP motherboards.
- Other minor documentation and bug fixes were also implemented.
New in version 0.8.9 (August 21st, 2010)
- This version adds SHA256 support and the Fujitsu 'get-sel-entry-long-text' option to ipmi-oem.
- Several new workarounds were added for several motherboards, and a variety of minor bugfixes were also implemented.
New in version 0.8.8 (July 21st, 2010)
- This version adds new OEM support for Supermicro and Quanta motherboards.
- It also fixes the bmc-watchdog "ignorestateflag" workaround and "opensesspriv" workaround in most tools.
- The ipmiconsole tool and libipmiconsole library protocols now handle several corner cases better and do not unintentionally deactivate stolen SOL sessions on properly implemented motherboards.
- There have been other various minor bug fixes and documentation fixes too.
New in version 0.7.13 (October 1st, 2009)
- This release supports the --platform-event option in bmc-device and reading/clearing EEPROM in ipmi-oem.
- It fixes a corner case in system event output and fixes documentation typos.
New in version 0.7.6 (February 26th, 2009)
- In this release, sensor group names in ipmimonitoring are fixed to be consistent with other tools.
- Threshold-related fields for non-threshold sensors are no longer output in ipmi-sensors. The --config-file option was added to all tools incorrectly missing it.
- The output of "FLOOPY" was fixed to "FLOPPY" in ipmi-chassis-config.
- Deassertion bitmask configuration was fixed in ipmi-sensors-config.
- The bmc-watchdog init script was fixed for portability to SUSE.
New in version 0.7.5 (January 13th, 2009)
- This release fixes ipmi-fru to not output error messages for FRU addresses that do not exist. It fixes an output corner case in ipmi-sel.
- Program inputs to ipmi-sel, ipmi-sensors, and ipmimonitoring now check that record IDs are valid.
- A corner case bug surrounding the "Enable_User" configuration in bmc-config has been fixed.
- Finally, a variety of documentation has been tweaked for clarification.
New in version 0.7.4 (December 16th, 2008)
- This release changes the -I short option (for --chassis-identify) to -i in ipmi-chassis to avoid conflicting with the short option -I (for --cipher-suite-id).
- An output of "username-not-set-yet" is now supported in bmc-config for fields that require a username to be configured before data may be read/written.
- The supermicro reset-intrusion OEM ID and command is now supported in ipmi-oem.
- The --list option is now supported in ipmi-oem.
- Various IPMI 2.0 bugs and workarounds (most notably the Intel IPMI 2.0 workarounds) have been fixed.
New in version 0.7.3 (December 2nd, 2008)
- This release adds workarounds for motherboards that do not support the Get Sensor Thresholds command.
- It adds additional ipmimonitoring sensor interpretations.
- It fixes macro names and string names for sensor groups.
- It fixes a variety of corner cases for bugs in ipmi-sensors, ipmiconsole, ipmi-sel, ipmimonitoring, libfreeipmi, and libipmimonitoring.
- It adds/fixes a variety of documentation.
New in version 0.7.2 (November 19th, 2008)
- This release adds Sensor Owner ID output to verbose and very verbose output in ipmi-sensors.
- It alters the previous ipmi-sensors output of slave address and system software id to deal with slave address/system software ID vs. sensor owner ID semantics.
- It fixes an ipmi-raw command line parsing corner case.
- It fixes/clarifies the documentation.
New in version 0.7.1 (November 8th, 2008)
- This major release includes new tools and many new features.
New in version 0.6.9 (September 27th, 2008)
- This release handles ipmiconsole/libipmiconsole non-default port corner cases, fixes --debug portability, and documents new workarounds.
New in version 0.6.8 (September 23rd, 2008)
- This release handles "invalid parameters" error codes in ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring/libipmimonitoring to work around some motherboards.
- It fixes a bug in ipmimonitoring sensors configuration file parsing.
- It fixes a corner case in libipmimonitoring sdr-cache filename creation.
- It fixes a config tool exit code corner case.
New in version 0.6.7 (September 12th, 2008)
- This release handles the "illegal sensor" error code in ipmi-sensors and ipmimonitoring/libipmimonitoring.
New in version 0.6.6 (August 27th, 2008)
- This release outputs NA/Unknown for non-BMC owned sensors in ipmi-sensors.
- It does not output readings for non-BMC owned sensors in ipmimonitoring.
- In libfreeipmi/ipmi-chassis, an invalid console redirection input check has been fixed.