New in version 1.3.4
December 13th, 2013
- Support 'solchannelsupport' workraound in ipmiconsole / IPMICONSOLE_WORKAROUND_SKIP_CHANNEL_PAYLOAD_SUPPORT workaround flag in libipmiconsole.
- Fix SDR cache workaround for motherboards with invalid SDR record counts listed.
- Workaround Supermicro bug in bmc-watchdog.
- Fix error checks in sensor decoding functions, leading to possible problems in ipmi-sensors-config.
- Update documentation with additional workarounds for motherboards.
- Fix various minor bugs.
New in version 1.3.3 (October 31st, 2013)
- Add support for intelnm get-node-manager-alert-destination and set-node-manager-alert-destination in ipmi-oem.
- Under very verbose mode, ipmi-sel will now record types for OEM records. This should allow OEM parses outside of FreeIPMI to more effectively parse OEM specific SEL records.
- Fix big endian portability bugs.
New in version 1.3.2 (September 11th, 2013)
- This version of FreeIPMI fixes a number of tools that were checking libfreeipmi API error codes incorrectly, leading to sub-optimal behavior.
New in version 1.3.1 (August 23rd, 2013)
- This version makes a number of changes to the reporting of timestamps to comply with the IPMI specification.
- All tools now report time in localtime (vs. UTC time).
- Options such as --utc-to-localtime, --localtime-to-utc, and --utc-offset have been added to allow users to adjust for their individual environments.
- Ipmi-fru has been updated to support the FRU 1.2 revision, which includes new FRU multirecords.
- Ipmi-fru now also supports the interpretation of DDR3 SDRAM entries.
- A number of other minor bugs and features have also been fixed or added.
New in version 1.2.7 (May 17th, 2013)
- This version fixes a critical bug through which sensor values of OEM sensors could be output incorrectly.
New in version 1.2.6 (April 30th, 2013)
- OEM sensor support has been added for HP Proliant DL160 G8 and Supermicro X9SCM-iiF motherboards.
- In ipmi-dcmi, errors in the output for --get-dcmi-capability-info, --get-dcmi-sensor-info, and --get-enhanced-system-power-statistics were fixed.
- In ipmiconsole/libipmiconsole, an "SOL Inuse" error message instead of "BMC Error" will output when appropriate.
- In all IPMI 2.0/rmcpplus communication, several padding corner cases have been fixed, which may have made FreeIPMI unable to communicate with some stronger conforming BMCs.
New in version 1.2.5 (February 28th, 2013)
- In all configuration tools, a bug that occurred when the user specified --checkout and --filename options and no data was output to a file was fixed.
- Tools now exit with value 1 when non-fatal errors occur and value 2 when fatal errors occur.
- Supermicro X9SPU-F-O OEM sensors and events and Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ OEM interpretations are now supported.
New in version 1.2.4 (January 11th, 2013)
- This version adds support for Supermicro X9DRI-LN4F+ OEM sensors and events.
- It also fixes output corner cases in bmc-info, fixes an Intel set-power-restore-delay corner case in ipmi-oem, and fixes a memleak in ipmiseld, a potential fd leak in libfreeipmi, an error output corner case in libfreeipmi, and several other more minor bugs discovered by a static code analyzer.
New in version 1.2.3 (November 15th, 2012)
- Dell Poweredge R720 support has been added to many tools and libraries, including ipmi-oem, ipmi-sensors, and ipmi-sel. In all tools and libraries, a new "nochecksumcheck" workaround has been added for bad firmware found in Supermicro motherboards.