New in version 0.98
September 8th, 2015
- This release brings a slew of enhancements and bug fixes. Much attention is given to layout configuration functionality and customization. Tabs functionality is better polished; there were many corner case type bugs here. The preferences UI (which includes the vast bulk of the applications' widgetry) is better polished and numerous quirks and bugs removed. Scrollbars and scrolling is also made more solid in this release.
- This should be a very solid release, but we're planning to do a 0.98.1 release in a month or two strictly for bug fixes. So if you spot an issue, don't be shy about shooting us a patch.
New in version 0.97 (December 3rd, 2013)
- Allow font dimming in inactive terminals
- Allow URL handler plugins to override label text for URL context menus
- When copying a URL, run it through the URL handler first so the resulting URL is copied, rather than the original text
- Allow users to configure a custom URL handler, since the default GTK library option is failing a lot of users in non-GNOME environments.
- Allow rotation of a group of terminals (Andre Hilsendeger)
- Add a keyboard shortcut to insert a terminal's number (Stephen J Boddy)
- Add a keyboard shortcut to edit the window title (Stephen J Boddy)
- Add an easy way to balance terminals by double clicking on their separator (Stephen J Boddy)
- Add a plugin by Sinan Nalkaya to log the contents of terminals.
- Support configuration of TERM and COLORTERM, via a patch from John Feuerstein
- Support reading configuration from alternate files, via a patch from Pavel Khlebovich
- Allow creation of new tabs in existing Terminators, via DBus Support the Solarized palettes (Juan Francisco Cantero Hutardo) Translation support for the Preferences window. Lots of translation updates (thanks to everyone who helped!)
- Bug fixes
New in version 0.96 (September 26th, 2011)
- Today brings the first release for some time, with a variety of bug fixes and a few little new features. Much of this work came from community contributors, for which I am hugely grateful.
- I don't expect the release frequency to increase a huge amount though - Terminator does most of the things I really need.
- If you find it's not doing what you need, and you have the skills to make it do those things, please consider making it happen!
New in version 0.95 (August 25th, 2010)
- This release is mostly to bring a couple of important compatibility fixes with the newest pre-release of VTE, but we also have some updated translations, improved error handling and two new features for you. The features are a URL handler plugin for Maven by Julien Nicolaud and a DBus server that was the result of some work with Andrea Corbellini - for now the only thing this is useful for is opening additional Terminator windows without spawning a new process, but we'll be exploring options in the future to allow more control and interaction with Terminator processes.
New in version 0.94 (July 4th, 2010)
- Lots of bug fixes and some improvements to the preferences are in this release, as well as a couple of new plugins for watching terminals for activity, or taking screenshots of individual terminals.
New in version 0.93 (April 16th, 2010)
- Another week, another release focused on squashing as many bugs as possible. There's also one feature in this release - a patch from Kees Cook to add a preferences UI for the alternate_screen_scroll setting.
- Please keep those bug reports coming, the response to the 0.9x series has been fantastic!
New in version 0.92 (April 8th, 2010)
- Hot on the heels of 0.91 we have a new release for you. This is another bugfix release, stomping on as many regressions from 0.14 as we can find. Many, many thanks to all of the people who have been in touch with the project to tel us about the things that are affecting them. If you find more regressions/bugs, please let us know!
- Also in this release the Palette section of the Profile editor in the Preferences GUI is now fully active, which means that all of the config file options should now be fully editable in the GUI.
New in version 0.90 (March 31st, 2010)
- all new graphical preferences editor which can save config files,
- ability to store multiple profiles/layouts.
New in version 0.13 (June 24th, 2009)
- After a wait of really far too long, we're proud to present Terminator 0.13 with a bunch of bug fixes, some minor new features and various optimisations.
New in version 0.12 (January 21st, 2009)
- Bugs were fixed.
- Simultaneous typing support was added.
- Directional terminal navigation was added.
- The search UI and graphical profile editor were improved.
- Bug numbers for launchpad.net are now URLs.
New in version 0.11 (September 22nd, 2008)
- The only new feature this time is X Session Management support, but there are also a few important bug fixes for things that crept into 0.10, and some updated/new translations.
New in version 0.10 (August 29th, 2008)
- Various bugfixes.
- New, improved config file parsing.
- Improved spawning of more complex terminal commands.
- A debug server (not useful for most people).
- Configurable keyboard shortcuts.
- Scrollback searching.
- Support for --geometry.