New in version 3.0.4
January 10th, 2014
- Added the GLFW_BUILD_DOCS CMake option for controlling whether the documentation is built
- Added the _GLFW_USE_CONFIG_H configuration macro for controlling whether to include the configuration header
- Moved version number macro to internal.h for easier manual compilation
- Renamed configuration header to glfw_config.h to avoid conflicts
- Bugfix: The glfw3.pc file did not respect the LIB_SUFFIX CMake option
- Bugfix: The joysticks test would segfault if a controller had no axes
- [Win32] Allowed swap interval to be explicitly set to zero on DWM systems
- [Win32] Bugfix: Removed joystick axis value negation left over from GLFW 2
- [Win32] Bugfix: Restoring windows using the Win+D hot key did not trigger the focus callback
- [Win32] Bugfix: The disabled cursor mode clip rectangle was updated for unfocused windows
- [Win32] Bugfix: Cursor was not properly re-centered over odd-sized windows
- [Win32] Bugfix: Negative window positions were reported incorrectly
- [Win32] Bugfix: The iconify callback was not triggered when switching away from a full screen window using Alt+Tab
- [Win32] Bugfix: Resizing a window with glfwSetWindowSize gave it focus
- [Cocoa] Added dependency on CoreVideo framework for refresh rate retrieval
- [Cocoa] Enabled Lion full screen for resizable windowed mode windows
- [Cocoa] Moved to Cocoa API for application transformation and activation
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The GLFW_KEY_GRAVE_ACCENT key was reported as GLFW_KEY_WORLD_1 and vice versa
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The GLFW_KEY_F13 key was reported as GLFW_KEY_PRINT_SCREEN
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Implicit conversion from NSUInteger to int caused warnings with Xcode 5
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Use of undeclared selectors with @selector caused warnings with Xcode 5
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The cursor remained visible if moved onto client area after having been set to hidden outside it
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The refresh rate was zero for all modes of certain monitors
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The install_name field of the dynamic library was not set
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Full screen windows were never reported as having focus
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: A superfluous I/O flag test prevented video modes from being listed for Thunderbolt monitor
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Retrieving the name of some external displays caused segfault
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The 10.9 SDK defines GLintptrARB and GLsizeiptrARB differently from the Khronos glext.h
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Creating hidden windows would steal application focus
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Controllers were reported as having zero buttons and axes
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: Removed joystick axis value negation left over from GLFW 2
- [X11] Added setting of the WM_CLASS property to the initial window title
- [X11] Added support for _NET_WM_BYPASS_COMPOSITOR
- [X11] Bugfix: Removed joystick axis value negation left over from GLFW 2
- [X11] Bugfix: The position of hidden windows was ignored by Metacity and Compiz
- [X11] Bugfix: The pthread.h header was not included by the GLX platform header.
New in version 3.0 (June 17th, 2013)
- This version removes deprecated features and adds a new API supporting multiple windows and monitors, sRGB, robustness, OpenGL ES, high-DPI, gamma ramps, callbacks for more events, clipboard text I/O, an error description callback, layout-independent keyboard input, UTF-8 for all strings, and more.
New in version 2.7.9 (June 7th, 2013)
- This version adds fixes for multiple cursor motion bugs on Windows and fixes support for the LFLAGS environment variable on OS X.
New in version 2.7.8 (April 6th, 2013)
- This version fixed a few minor bugs on each platform, most notably the flashing window on Windows and a workaround for a bug in Mesa 9.x.
New in version 2.7.7 (November 10th, 2012)
- This release adds fixes for a few minor bugs on each platform, support for more swap interval methods on X11 and Visual C++ 2012 project files.
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The cursor positioning code used NSPoint in place of CGPoint
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The detection of setRestorable: used the wrong selector signature
- [Cocoa] Bugfix: The test for whether glfwTerminate had been called from the main thread was missing
- [Win32] Added Visual C++ 2012 project files for the static library, DLL and all test and example programs
- [Win32] Bugfix: The GLFW_OPENGL_DEBUG_CONTEXT hint did not trigger context re-creation when WGL_ARB_create_context was available
- [Win32] Bugfix: The GLFW_OPENGL_DEBUG_CONTEXT window parameter was not set after debug context creation
- [X11] Added support for the GLX_EXT_swap_control and GLX_MESA_swap_control extensions as alternatives to GLX_SGI_swap_control
- [X11] Bugfix: The GLFW_OPENGL_DEBUG_CONTEXT window parameter was not set after debug context creation
- [X11] Bugfix: The window size hints were not updated when calling glfwSetWindowSize on a non-resizable window
- [X11] Bugfix: The detected link flags for clock_gettime were not added to the pkg-config file
New in version 2.7.6 (July 4th, 2012)
- This version adds support for joysticks on Mac OS X, a graphical joystick test, support for 64-bit builds using MinGW-w64, and fixes for a number of (primarily input) bugs.
New in version 2.7.5 (April 17th, 2012)
- This version fixes a compilation error for certain versions of Mac OS X and adds support for monotonic time input on Cocoa.
New in version 2.7.4 (March 22nd, 2012)
- This version adds bugfixes for a few minor issues in 2.7.3, most notably the missing -lrt on X11 and removal of the non-interactive menu bar created by glfwInit on Mac OS X.
New in version 2.7.3 (February 14th, 2012)
- This version replaces Cygwin cross-compilation with better MinGW and MSYS support, adds support for POSIX monotonic timers, adds the GLFW_INCLUDE_GL3 to make GLFW include the draft gl3.h header instead of gl.h, and fixes a number of bugs.