New in version 6.6
September 2nd, 2014
- System audio volume can now be set and then changed during playback for the internal SDL player by using amixer (if present): in line with mplayer functions [key 9] will decrease the alsa PCM volume while [key 0] will increase it (by an amount of 5%);
- The code has been adapted to use last versions of FOX-1.7 (>=1.7.47);
- A menubar to enable almost full keyboard control has been added;
- A new theme (Water) has been added;
- For the internal SDL player, the video screen resize functions using keys o(original size), v(vertical increase), h(horizontal increase), b(bigger size ), g(smaller size) have been changed and now relay on SDL, keys c(vertical decrease), j(horizontal decrease) have been added, the selected videoclips can now be played consecutively and without any interruption after giving confirmation: for each videoclip, or for each selected list of videoclips, or forever until program closure.
- The help dialog and the manual page (fxmoviemanager.1) have been updated.
- A compilation issue due to the progressBar update during the Copy
- command for FOX-1.6 has been fixed;
- the customized directories icons have been restored.
New in version 6.5 (April 22nd, 2014)
- Although the program can be compiled by using either FOX-1.6 or FOX-1.7, the code has been adapted to use the new version of FOX-1.7 (i.e. 1.7.46);
- Devices can now be mapped using either [udisks2], [udisks1] or [udevil] and during the program configuration they are searched in this order;
- The Device window has now device icons and a specific file-system can be chosen;
- Some other icons have been refined;
- The play-list can now export both a bare copy of a cut video file using either mencoder or ffmpeg and the related textual file-log;
- The Zip command is now allowed to recursively compress directories;
- Password for bot Tar and Zip archives can now be set on a single dialog.
New in version 6.5 RC1 (February 21st, 2014)
- Added Although the program can still build by using either FOX-1.6 or FOX-1.7, the code has been adapted to use the new version of FOX-1.7 (1.7.46); Devices can now be mapped using either [udisks2], [udisks1] or [udevil] and they are searched in that order; The Device window has now device icons and filesystem option; Some icons have been refined; The playlist can now export both a bare copy of cutted video file using either mencoder or ffmpeg as encoders and a textual filelog;
- Fixed The Zip command is now allowed to recursively compress directories; Password for bot Tar and Zip archives can now be set on a single dialog.
New in version 6.4 (September 30th, 2013)
- the code of the internal player has been updated to use version 2.0 of the FFMPEG library;
- In line with the original project, the previously required FFMPEG library is now optional and the program can also be built if this library is missing and MPlayer is the only player in use; inthe latter case the information displayed on the Movie Information Window will use MPlayer;
- On the Player Dialog a missing update for filter and clock has been fixed;
- A full screen size bug has been fixed on the internal SDL1 player;
New in version 6.3 (April 29th, 2013)
- The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.2
- of the ffmpeg library;
- Devices attached after start-up can now be rescanned and a window dialog
- will ask to selected the device to be mounted by using udisksctl(udisks2);
- the internal player fluidity/performance has been increased;
- the internal player memory consumption has been reduced;
- the internal player bug on the full screen vidoe size has been fixed;
- the internal player bug with mpeg1video codec has been fixed;
- the internal player refresh rate can now be changed by using keys  & 
- this option may help to better synchronize channels with the audiodelay option;
- the missing localization for the scan-device menu was fixed;
- the manual page has been updated.
- inflate and deflate by using LZOP is now allowed;
New in version 6.2 (January 29th, 2013)
- The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.1 of the ffmpeg library;
- The appearance now relies on 10 types of transparent icons to allow for better theme customization;
- The automount option can now be disabled in the configuration dialog;
- A bug in the save function has been fixed for the custom language setting;
- The backporting to FOX-16 has been improved: the application clok is now allowed and a bug on the internal player video size has been fixed;
- The manual page has been updated.
New in version 6.1 (December 10th, 2012)
- The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.0 of the ffmpeg library;
- mplayer and ffplay can now be selected from a custom path: this option allows for using many versions of both executables if present;
- devices are now automounted at start up using udisksctl;
- the internal player can now accept bot absolute and the relative video size command;
- the player table can now accept files from both right and left file panels;
- both left and right dirlist/filelist window size are now saved when quitting;
- the player dialog is now hidden when the internal player runs;
- mplayer key 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 are now bound with the control knobs;
- control knobs have now a localized tip and help text.
- a bug in the custom language dialog has been fixed;
- the localization menu is now complete also for fxarchive.
New in version 6.0 (October 17th, 2012)
- a FILE SEARCH ENGINE able to present a list of files with matching name was added; the search can be executed with the following options: Find_Exact, Find_Case_Insensitive, Contains, Contains_Case_Insensitive; then by clicking on a filename in the list, the application will set the relative panel view and will select the wanted file.
- the application can now be built with the '--disable-player' option that will disable the internal SDL/FFMPEG player building in order to avoid compatibility problem with different installed versions of ffmpeg libraries; in this case only ffplay and/or mplayer will be allowed if found; a building issue on Ubuntu family OS was solved.
- now the application can manage better libclamav error messages.
New in version 5.5 (January 4th, 2012)
- The code of the internal player and of the Movie Information dialog was updated for using the last stable release of FFmpeg (0.9).
- The thumbnail displayed by the Operation dialog (cut, copy, symlink, and rename) and by the Movie Information dialog is now better resized when shifting to the wide-screen mode.
- Linked movies are now correctly reported on the File Properties dialog and managed by the Play List.