April 29th, 2013
· The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.2
· of the ffmpeg library;
· Devices attached after start-up can now be rescanned and a window dialog
· will ask to selected the device to be mounted by using udisksctl(udisks2);
· the internal player fluidity/performance has been increased;
· the internal player memory consumption has been reduced;
· the internal player bug on the full screen vidoe size has been fixed;
· the internal player bug with mpeg1video codec has been fixed;
· the internal player refresh rate can now be changed by using keys  & 
· this option may help to better synchronize channels with the audiodelay option;
· the missing localization for the scan-device menu was fixed;
· the manual page has been updated.
· inflate and deflate by using LZOP is now allowed;
January 29th, 2013Added:
· The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.1 of the ffmpeg library;
· The appearance now relies on 10 types of transparent icons to allow for better theme customization;
· The automount option can now be disabled in the configuration dialog;
· A bug in the save function has been fixed for the custom language setting;
· The backporting to FOX-16 has been improved: the application clok is now allowed and a bug on the internal player video size has been fixed;
· The manual page has been updated.
December 10th, 2012FXMovieManager:
· The code of the internal player has been updated to use version 1.0 of the ffmpeg library;
· mplayer and ffplay can now be selected from a custom path: this option allows for using many versions of both executables if present;
· devices are now automounted at start up using udisksctl;
· the internal player can now accept bot absolute and the relative video size command;
· the player table can now accept files from both right and left file panels;
· both left and right dirlist/filelist window size are now saved when quitting;
· the player dialog is now hidden when the internal player runs;
· mplayer key 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 are now bound with the control knobs;
· control knobs have now a localized tip and help text.
· a bug in the custom language dialog has been fixed;
· the localization menu is now complete also for fxarchive.
October 17th, 2012FXMovieManager:
· a FILE SEARCH ENGINE able to present a list of files with matching name was added; the search can be executed with the following options: Find_Exact, Find_Case_Insensitive, Contains, Contains_Case_Insensitive; then by clicking on a filename in the list, the application will set the relative panel view and will select the wanted file.
· the application can now be built with the '--disable-player' option that will disable the internal SDL/FFMPEG player building in order to avoid compatibility problem with different installed versions of ffmpeg libraries; in this case only ffplay and/or mplayer will be allowed if found; a building issue on Ubuntu family OS was solved.
· now the application can manage better libclamav error messages.
January 4th, 2012
· The code of the internal player and of the Movie Information dialog was updated for using the last stable release of FFmpeg (0.9).
· The thumbnail displayed by the Operation dialog (cut, copy, symlink, and rename) and by the Movie Information dialog is now better resized when shifting to the wide-screen mode.
· Linked movies are now correctly reported on the File Properties dialog and managed by the Play List.
August 9th, 2011
· Internal clipboard management (Copy, Cut and Paste commands) was added to both fxmoviemanager and fxarchive.
· The video-size menu was modified to be more suitable for HD monitors.
· The support for using ffplay as an alternative player was improved.
· Memory comsumption for the video thumbnailer function was reduced.
· Minor bugs on the file properties dialog and play-table menu were fixed.
· Desktop icons are now automatically linked by the ./configure script.
· For the fxscanvirus utility the recursive functions that look for files to be scanned and for the progress bar were rewritten.
February 11th, 2011
· A shell script (./lnicons.sh) to fix a broken link to desktop icons was added.
· The fox-config-1.7 requirement was removed from the ./configure script.
· The localization was added to the filelist headers of fxarchive and fxscanvirus.
· A custom command for extracting archives was added to the menu of fxarchive.
· MIME-type icons for distributions packages (e.g. rpm, srpm, deb, pet, sfs, iso) were added.
January 24th, 2011
· The 'audio_delay', 'brightness', 'contrast', 'gamma', 'hue', and 'saturation' options were added to the MPlayer frontend.
· Three more themes were added (there are now 15 themes available).
· The source files were reorganized to allow for building a stand alone fxmoviemanager application.
January 3rd, 2011
· The front-end to MPlayer (the application minimized) has been improved: the speed and volume sliders and the mute, framedrop, fullscreen, and loop buttons work properly when MPlayer is running.
· Application icons were arranged according to the freedesktop.org specifications.
December 23rd, 2010
· The file list thumbnailer, the playlist table, the operations dialog, the properties dialog, and the player can now manage movies with names containing spaces.
December 13th, 2010
· added icons to the filelist headers.
· fixed a bug in the updating process of the properties dialog when shifting between the two twin panels.
October 27th, 2010
· The localization can now be set to a custom language by editing the translation shown in a custom language dialog under the main configuration dialog.
· Image preview can now be set to a custom size.
· A bug in the player commands that could freeze the main window if player buttons and keyboard are used at the same time to control MPlayer has been fixed.
August 20th, 2010
· Upper case MIME types were added.
· The localization was extended to menus and headers.
· The text font was split into main a window font and a menu font.
· The video size option can now be set to fixed values, proportional values, or to a custom value.
· There are small improvements in few theme icons.
· The files in the fxarchive and fxscanvirus utilities can now be arranged as a detailed list, small icons, or big icons.
· Some options were added to the file menu of fxarchive.
· fxarchive and fxscanvirus can be executed on a given directory, and they remember their own window position.
June 21st, 2010Added:
· There is now a window-dialog to make more comfortable virus scanning operations.
· A bug when virus scanning is done recursively was fixed,
· The program was updated for clamav version 0.96.1:
· the complain if libclamav is already initialized was solved,
· The amount of progression in the progressbar was adjusted.
March 16th, 2010added:
· small improvement in video size options,
· added support for playing audio files,
· added support for .xz and .lzma archives.
· minor bugs in the config.h definitions related to compression commands
· minor bugs in the boolean functions
January 27th, 2010Added:
· support and MIME-type icons for GL, OGV and VOB video files were added, MIME-Type icons for audio files and script files were added, Auto Thumbnails Update option was added to the configuration dialog, fxmoviemanager.desktop png icons (32x32, 48x48 and 64x64) were added.
· image formats are now recognized by the Properties Dialog and by the Operation Dialog (to rename, move, copy and symlink), the program was upgraded to use FFmpegThumbnailer version 2.0.0, code clenup.
October 19th, 2009
· The menu commands [Move], [Copy], and [Symlink] now do the operations between panels.
· The menu command [Rename] still does the operation in the same panel.
· The menu commands [Move], [Copy], and [Rename] can now overwrite existing files.
· The menu command [Delete] now shows the files being deleted.
September 21st, 2009
· FXMovieManager now has a twin-panel filemanager with both panels able to show either directories or files with movie thumbnails.
· Keyboard commands have been changed to manage both panels.
· The source code was rearranged, and minor bugs were fixed.
August 10th, 2009
· Added: The Play-Table (including movie-names, movie-times and thumbnail-names) can now be saved to a file (e.g. playlist_1.pls) and then reloaded later. Icons for the .pls extension were added. Multi-user support was added (e.g. fxmm-root, fxmm-luigi, and so on). The Temp directory is now determined by the system (e.g. /tmp)
· Fixed: a bug in the play-table buttons was fixed, a bug in the mount/umount commands was fixed, the blak appearance, during the first time user configuration, in case ControlPanel hadn't be never run before, was fixed.
July 15th, 2009
· added: The Play-Table (including movie-names, movie-times and thumbnail-names) can now be Saved to a file and restored later. Icons for the playlist extension were added. Multi-user support was added (e.g. fxmm-root). The Temp directory is now determined by the system (e.g. /tmp)
· fixed: a bug in the play-table buttons was fixed, a bug in the mount/umount commands was fixed, the blak appearance, during the first time user configuration, in case ControlPanel hadn't be never run before, was fixed.
June 25th, 2009added:
· The play-list has been replaced with a play-table, where the initial position and duration of every sigle video clip can be setup.
· A manual in pdf has been produced and can be downloaded separately.
June 15th, 2009added:
· Directories can now be scanned with libClamAV recursively up to 7 levels.
· The Font preference can now be selected in the Configuration dialog.
· The extract/compress commands and the mount/umount commands are
· now managed by control dialogs.
· Some flag icons were improved.
· The directorylist window now updates when a directory in the filelist
· window is doubled clicked.
June 4th, 2009
· added a file deleting dialog if a virus is detected,
· added ownership and permissions in the Properties dialog,
· added flags icons in the language selection window,
· added terminal preference in the Configuration dialog.
· Both themes and languages in the Configuration dialog can now be selected using buttons.
· the extract command now manages .tar archives
May 15th, 2009added:
· added fxmoviemanager.desktop script
· extended the help documentation
· added extract support for .rar archives
· disabled buttons when are selected files that don't have a movie extension
· minor bugsfixes in the virus scanning dialogs.
April 27th, 2009
· added ClamAV scan support
· fixed minor bugsfixes
April 6th, 2009added:
· added flash media video support(flv, FLV)
· added mount/unmount support
· added extract/compress support
· minor bugsfixes in the play command list sequence
March 24th, 2009
· A major bug in the thumbnail creation function was fixed.
· Users are strongly advised to upgrade.
January 26th, 2009
· 3 new icons were added for video size, video zoom, and video output.
· The format of the thumbnails can now be set either to Normal or Widescreen.
· The thumbnails can now be created starting from 0.1 up to 3.0 seconds from the beginning.
· A bug in the play command list sequence introduced with 2.1 was fixed.
· The default theme is now dark to avoid the initial invisible text.
January 14th, 2009
· The player can now set the video size, speed, and volume.
· Both video output and video size menus can be selected using buttons.
· Speed and volume can be set using sliders.
· The documentation in the manpage and in the help dialog was extended.
· Minor bugs were fixed.
November 4th, 2008
· This release adds some keyboard controls: Delete, Backspace (go back), F1 (config), F2-F8 (buttons), Ctrl-C/R/S for copy/rename/ symlink, and Crtl-Z/A/Q for play/pause/stop.
· The file list can present data in detailed list mode (small icons).
· Small icons were added and can be associated with file extensions in the MIME-type dialog.
· Russian language localization has been added.
· The "fox-config" check has been removed from the ./configure script to avoid conflict with the FOX-1.6 branch (now the script will look for fox-config-1.7 and fox-1.7-config only).
· A bug in the play command has been fixed.
October 22nd, 2008
· The Tip text and Help text associated with all buttons has been localized for five languages: English, Italian, German, French, and Spanish.
October 6th, 2008
· The ./configure script can now detect whether FOX has been compiled with JPEG support.
· The Operations dialog (Copy/Rename/Symlink) now updates the thumbnail when working on many movie files consecutively.
· A segmentation fault has been prevented when trying to rename the upper directory (..) in the File List window.
October 3rd, 2008added:
· The look has been improved by adding 5 new themes and 2 new icon sets. The application has now 6 themes (dark,gentle,shine,fog,classic,moon) and 3 icon sets. A dialog has been added to change the application theme. The man page has been completed.
· A bug that prevented the [delete thumbnails] button from working when there are no hidden directories displayed was fixed.