New in version 14.1
July 3rd, 2011
- This release has been in the making for few months, and it is mostly an update to out initial release. Biggest new feature is LibreOffice instead of OpenOffice and two biggest bugs squashed. One bug prevented Firefox 4.0 from starting while using it as LiveUSB or LiveDVD and other bug was a dependency issue that prevented updates from being downloaded. We hoped with this release to make all desktop components more stable and put an overall desktop polish.
New in version 14 (March 10th, 2011)
- a brand new custom made theme
- Fusion Linux post install welcome wizard script
- Skype removed so Fusion Linux can be freely redistributed
- multimedia support out of the box (Flash, MP3 & DivX playback)
- better hardware compatibility for broadcom wireless cards
- better games selection
New in version 14 RC (November 10th, 2010)
- Some of other new features:
- GIMP 2.7 devel version with single window mode
- Firefox 4.0 beta
- F-Spot instead of Shotwell
- Xournal – great app for drawing and PDF annotation
- K3B for CD/DVD/Blu-ray burning
- Thunderbird instead of Evolution
- PlayOnLinux – easily install Windows games and apps
- Better selection of games
- Giver – easy file sharing in local network
- Gwibber – Twitter and Identica social network client
- Tomboy instead of GNote for quick note taking
- Krusader – most powerful file manager
- Dropbox – easy store your backup files on remote server and share them
- Other features are mostly unchanged:
- Chromium as default browser
- Audio and video codecs
- VLC player
- mintMenu and DockbarX instead of stadard GNOME
- Autoten – for easy tweaking and installation of additional packages
- Gnome-do – simple do more and faster on your desktop
- Parcellite – desktop clipboard manager
- Blender – 3D modeling and animation app
- Inkscape – vector graphics app
New in version 13.1 (September 6th, 2010)
- Community Fedora Remix is dead, long live Fusion Linux!
- Almost from the start it was obvious that Community Fedora Remix was not suitable name for this project. Old name was ment to be only temporary but it stayed longer than anticipated.
- New name for this project is Fusion Linux.
- Fusion is defined as union, coalition of more entities into one body, that definition explains really nicely what this Fedora Remix is about because it is union between Fedora, RPM Fusion repository and few extra bits. Because RPM Fusion repository is enabled by default this name fits great. Great online quote I found: “combining of images from the two eyes to form a single visual percept” also is great definition this Fedora Remix, two images merged into single visual percept.
- Look forward for new Fusion Linux release that is going to be released soon.
- Also I would like to thank you all for your support, without your support this project wouldn’t have survived after second release.