New in version 3.22.0
October 8th, 2013
- The Windows NSIS package should now build, install, and run properly.
- A bug in command line option processing was fixed.
New in version 3.20.1 (July 3rd, 2013)
- The Win32/MinGW build process was fixed.
New in version 3.20.0 (June 27th, 2013)
- This version adds a major speed optimization to the Simple Simon solving code, a "qualified-seed-improved" ("qsi" for short) preset for shorter solutions, and many cleanups, refactorings, and optimizations.
New in version 3.18.1 (May 31st, 2013)
- The executables and tests now work properly on 32-bit systems.
- The RPM .spec now runs the test suite.
New in version 3.16.0 (December 11th, 2012)
- Options have been added to help reduce the average solution length ("--flares-choice" and "--flares-iters-factor").
- There are two new presets for doing that.
- This release adds a memory optimisation for flares-based presets.
New in version 3.14.0 (November 1st, 2012)
- This version adds a sixth Best-first-search weight of the negated number of cards not above their parents, implements "random-dfs" ordering based on this a-star weight, adds several new commandline themes ("-l as" for speed, and "-l mf" for short solutions), implements "DeBondt" state encoding for the dbm_fc_solvers, and implement a prune for Baker's Dozen and similar games.
- It drops support for compiling with Microsoft Visual C++ and other non-GCC-compatible compilers.
New in version 3.12.0 (June 14th, 2012)
- This version adds the --show-exceeded-limits flag for less ambiguous input.
- It has a fix for misbehaviour with using "-sp r:tf" in conjunction with "-opt".
- It adds the "three-eighty" preset.
- Some enhancements have been made to the so-called "dbm_fc_solver" and a new "fcc_fc_solver", based on Fully Connected Components.
- Support has been added for building and testing the distribution in an out-of-tree build.
New in version 3.10.0 (January 17th, 2012)
- Convert the references to the web-site and repository away from berlios.de, as it was announced it will become offline.
- Bug fix: correct the handling of foundations with values 0 (e.g: +H-0+,+S-0+ ).
- Bug fix: made the +-mi+/+--max-iters+ flag global for all instances.Previously, it affected only the last one.
- Add an experimental +delta_states.c+ implementation and +dbm_solver.c+ that uses it to drive a Freecell Solver scan with an on-disk database (currently Google LevelDB and Berkeley DB are supported). So far it seems that with a limited cache size, this does not scale too well.
- Add the experimental +pruner-main.c+ (not installed by default).
- Add support for generating "all_in_a_row" deals to +make_pysol_freecll_board.py+
- Many small optimizations and cleanups.
New in version 3.8.0 (July 4th, 2011)
- This release fixes some crashes using --trim-max-stored-states, adds a more meaningful man page instead of the token one that was previously present, adds scripts/parallel-range-solver-total to solve a range of deals in parallel by splitting them into chunks, and many smaller improvements and fixes.
- We also forgot to mention the 3.6.0 release, which fixed the installation of fcs_dllexport.h, added the --tracemem compile time option, added a bug fix for incrementally increasing the iterations/stored-states limits, added a built-in version of kazlib's balanced binary search tree as a possible back-end for storage, and had some other improvements.