September 4th, 2012
· This version added an xSemaphoreTakeFromISR() implementation, and a vQueueDelete() handler for the FreeRTOS MPU port.
· There were assorted code cleanups, the removal of legacy handlers, and bugfixes.
July 28th, 2012
· The Cortex-M3 Tasking port was added.
· The separately distributed ports for Cortex-M0 IAR, Cortex-M0 GCC, and Cortex-M4F GCC were merged in.
· The Windows simulator was fixed to reduce usage of trace macros.
· A new trace macro was added, traceMOVE_TASK_TO_READY_STATE().
· The FreeRTOS MPU port was updated.
· The xQueueReset() and xSemaphoreGetMutexHolder() functions were introduced.
December 15th, 2011
· This version adds support for the Cortex-M4F IAR, Cortex-M4F Keil/RVDS, and TriCore GCC platforms.
· Demos have been added for the new ports.
· Command handlers now receive the entire command string, giving them direct access to parameters.
· Minor bugfixes and enhancements.
October 20th, 2011
· This version adds ports for the Renesas RX200 and RL78.
· It adds demos for the Freescale Kinetis K60 and Fujitsu FM3 MB9A310.
· The Microblaze V8 port layer has been completely replaced.
· Assorted API extensions.
· Code cleanups for the ARM7, ARM IAR, and PIC32.
· A new partially-completed command line interpreter has been added, along with new demos.
June 13th, 2011
· Adds demo applications for the Fujitsu FM3 microcontroller, incorporates the Microsemi SmartFusion code into the main download, and updates the projects that build with the Renesas RX compiler.
April 18th, 2011
· Introduced a new software timer implementation.
· Introduced a new common demo application file to exercise the new timer implementation.
· Updated the Win32/MSVC simulator project to include the new software timer demo tasks and software timer tick hook test. Much simpler software timer demonstrations are included in the demo projects for both of the new ports (MSP430X with CCS4 and STM32 with TrueStudio).
· Various enhancements to the kernel implementation in tasks.c. These are transparent to users and do not effect the pre-existing API.
· Added calls to configASSERT() within the kernel code. configASSERT() is functionally equivalent to the standard C assert() macro, but does not rely on the compiler providing assert.h.
· Updated the MSP430X IAR port and demo project to include support for the medium memory model.
· Added a demo project for the MSP430X that targets the MSP430X Discovery board and uses the Code Composer Studio 4 tools. This demo includes use of the new software timer implementation.
· Added an STM32F100RB demo project that targets the STM32 Discovery Board and uses the TrueStudio Eclipse based IDE from Atollic.
· Removed some compiler warnings from the PSoC demo application.
· Updated the PIC32 port layer to ensure the configMAX_SYSCALL_INTERRUPT_PRIORITY constant works as expected no matter what its value is (within the valid range set by the microcontroller kernel).
· Updated the PIC24, dsPIC and PIC32 projects so they work with the latest MPLAB compiler versions from Microchip.
· Various cosmetic changes to prepare for a standards compliance statement that will be published after the software release.
August 14th, 2010
· This version adds port and demo application for the Cortus APS3 processor.
July 16th, 2009
· Added Virtex5 / PPC440 port and demos.
· Replaced the LPC1766 Red Suite demo with an LPC1768 Red Suite demo. The original demo was configured to use engineering samples of the CPU. The new demo has an improved Ethernet driver.
· Added LPC1768 Rowley demo with zero copy Ethernet driver.
· Reworked byte alignment code to ensure 8 byte alignment works correctly.
· Set configUSE_16_BIT_TICKS to 0 in the PPC405 demo projects.
· Changed the initial stack setup for the PPC405 to ensure the small data area pointers are setup correctly.
June 22nd, 2009
· Added ColdFire V1 MCF51CN128 port and WEB server demo.
· Added STM32 Connectivity Line STM32107 Cortex M3 WEB server demo.
· Changed the Cortex M3 port.c asm statements to __asm so it can be compiled using Rowley CrossWorks V2 in its default configuration.
· Updated the Posix/Linux simulator contributed port.
February 11th, 2009
· Added NEC V850ES port and demo.
· Added NEC 78K0R port and demo.
· Added MCF52259 port and demo.
· Added the AT91SAM9XE port and demo.
· Updated the MCF52233 FEC driver to work around a silicon bug that prevents the part auto negotiating some network parameters.
· Minor modifications to the MCF52233 makefile to permit it to be used on Linux hosts.
· Updated the STM32 primer files to allow them to be built with the latest version of the RIDE tools.
· Updated the threads.js Java script used for kernel aware debugging in the Rowley CrossWorks IDE.