May 3rd, 2011
· Multiple new options for many customizable SVG graphics reports were added.
· New options 'users_excess' and 'users_excess_limit' were added for generating a plain text report file with users exceeding the specified limit.
· W3C standards conformance has been defined more precisely, and includes the standard's version number.
April 26th, 2011
· Support for conversion of usernames in the top sites report has been added.
· Portuguese and Lithuanian translations were added.
· Some problems were fixed and some new options were introduced.
March 10th, 2010
· 2815675 (w_svg.c)
· Incorrect charset in SVG files fixed.
· FR2810486 (w_config.*, r_efficiency.c)
· New option 'server_efficiency_bytes_divisor' for enabling bytes divisor in server efficiency report added.
· Default value of DEBUG variable changed to 0.
· (w_log_operations.c, l_logformats.*)
· Automatic FIFO file detection added. The rest of the code adopted to situations when FIFO pipe is used as a log file.
· 2800864 (w_log_operations.c, w_internal.c)
· Seriously corrupted logs are completely declined now.
· FR2831521 (w_config.c)
· Support for comments and empty lines in username_file (usertab) added.
· (r_reports.c, r_list.c)
· If there are no records for UR and TSR then do not produce these reports.
· (global.mk, src/Makefile)
· Now it is ok to change OSTYPE in global.mk on the fly.
· Corrections for SARCH and CC variables.
· Added Hungarian translation.
· Switched to secure strlcpy and strlcat functions everywhere.
· (netbsd-i386-gcc4.mk, ubuntu-i586-gcc4.mk, opensuse-native-gcc4.mk)
· Added configuration files for NetBSD, Ubuntu and OpenSuSE.
· Switched to strncmp instead of (const int *).
· LimitedURL function re-writed.
· Fixed warning about putenv.
· Added support for running multiple instances of free-sa.
· Thanks to bli.
· Several typos fixed.
· Added support for x86_64, DESTDIR and LDADD.
· (w_config.*, w_log_operations.c)
· Better const correctness.
April 11th, 2009
· Remove records from log file repaired.
April 10th, 2009
· Large file support repaired.
March 23rd, 2009
· (*/Makefile, configs/*) New building system, similar to one used in openfwtk project.
· (w_log_operations.c, w_config.*, free-sa.conf.5, free-sa.conf) 'tz_shift' experimental option for specifying time zone difference between proxy and users locations added.
· (w_internal.c) Bug with divisor="v" fixed.
· (*, openbsd-i386-gcc3) Bug on OpenBSD which has printf without thousands separator fixed via SATSEP macro.
· FR2167883 (r_usergraphs.c) Different time ranges in user graphics report (UGR with hours at X axis) and user date time report (UDR) fixed.
· (w_config.c, Makefile) '-V' option additionally shows following important compile time macros: CC, INSTALL, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIBS, SATSEP.
· (themes/Makefile) Omit "Nothing to be done" make warning.
November 25th, 2008
· The license was changed to the GPLv3+.
· Experimental support for NetCache and Blue Coat logs via Squid 2.x native log format has been added.
· The log format autodetection feature has been removed because it appeared useless and slow.
· A 'skip_errors' experimental option for skipping erroneous log file records has been added.
· To specify a year value for syslog-based log formats, a SYSLOGYEAR macro was added.
· Other small fixes were implemented.
September 9th, 2008
· A long awaited option for specifying the target reports directory was added.
· Two bugs with parsing Squid and Postfix log files were fixed for multiple platforms, including FreeBSD.