New in version 2.0.0 Beta 6p7
January 25th, 2014
- Support for various keywords as a date for the '-d' command line option has been added: today, yesterday, thismonth, lastmonth, and many others are supported now.
- A new option for showing all IP addresses used by a user has been added.
- The calendar in the index report was complemented with search box, which is useful for filtering by configuration name.
- A significant speed up and lower DNS traffic utilization and memory consumption has been achieved when the 'username_resolve_ip' option is enabled.
- Many other improvements were made.
New in version 2.0.0 Beta 4p6 (May 3rd, 2011)
- Multiple new options for many customizable SVG graphics reports were added.
- New options 'users_excess' and 'users_excess_limit' were added for generating a plain text report file with users exceeding the specified limit.
- W3C standards conformance has been defined more precisely, and includes the standard's version number.
New in version 2.0.0 Beta 4 (April 26th, 2011)
- Support for conversion of usernames in the top sites report has been added.
- Portuguese and Lithuanian translations were added.
- Some problems were fixed and some new options were introduced.
New in version 2.0.0 Beta 3 (March 10th, 2010)
- 2815675 (w_svg.c)
- Incorrect charset in SVG files fixed.
- FR2810486 (w_config.*, r_efficiency.c)
- New option 'server_efficiency_bytes_divisor' for enabling bytes divisor in server efficiency report added.
- Default value of DEBUG variable changed to 0.
- (w_log_operations.c, l_logformats.*)
- Automatic FIFO file detection added. The rest of the code adopted to situations when FIFO pipe is used as a log file.
- 2800864 (w_log_operations.c, w_internal.c)
- Seriously corrupted logs are completely declined now.
- FR2831521 (w_config.c)
- Support for comments and empty lines in username_file (usertab) added.
- (r_reports.c, r_list.c)
- If there are no records for UR and TSR then do not produce these reports.
- (global.mk, src/Makefile)
- Now it is ok to change OSTYPE in global.mk on the fly.
- Corrections for SARCH and CC variables.
- Added Hungarian translation.
- Switched to secure strlcpy and strlcat functions everywhere.
- (netbsd-i386-gcc4.mk, ubuntu-i586-gcc4.mk, opensuse-native-gcc4.mk)
- Added configuration files for NetBSD, Ubuntu and OpenSuSE.
- Switched to strncmp instead of (const int *).
- LimitedURL function re-writed.
- Fixed warning about putenv.
- Added support for running multiple instances of free-sa.
- Thanks to bli.
- Several typos fixed.
- Added support for x86_64, DESTDIR and LDADD.
- (w_config.*, w_log_operations.c)
- Better const correctness.
New in version 1.6.2 (April 11th, 2009)
- Remove records from log file repaired.
New in version 1.6.1 (April 10th, 2009)
- Large file support repaired.
New in version 1.6.0 (March 23rd, 2009)
- (*/Makefile, configs/*) New building system, similar to one used in openfwtk project.
- (w_log_operations.c, w_config.*, free-sa.conf.5, free-sa.conf) 'tz_shift' experimental option for specifying time zone difference between proxy and users locations added.
- (w_internal.c) Bug with divisor="v" fixed.
- (*, openbsd-i386-gcc3) Bug on OpenBSD which has printf without thousands separator fixed via SATSEP macro.
- FR2167883 (r_usergraphs.c) Different time ranges in user graphics report (UGR with hours at X axis) and user date time report (UDR) fixed.
- (w_config.c, Makefile) '-V' option additionally shows following important compile time macros: CC, INSTALL, CFLAGS, LDFLAGS, LIBS, SATSEP.
- (themes/Makefile) Omit "Nothing to be done" make warning.
New in version 1.5.0 (November 25th, 2008)
- The license was changed to the GPLv3+.
- Experimental support for NetCache and Blue Coat logs via Squid 2.x native log format has been added.
- The log format autodetection feature has been removed because it appeared useless and slow.
- A 'skip_errors' experimental option for skipping erroneous log file records has been added.
- To specify a year value for syslog-based log formats, a SYSLOGYEAR macro was added.
- Other small fixes were implemented.
New in version 1.4.4 (September 9th, 2008)
- A long awaited option for specifying the target reports directory was added.
- Two bugs with parsing Squid and Postfix log files were fixed for multiple platforms, including FreeBSD.