April 24th, 2013
· Toolbar button is also used to stop the crawl process
· Fixed UI issues with the advanced filters window
January 30th, 2013
· Fixes issue with file downloading.
July 25th, 2012
· Thumbnails have round corners again
· Homepage is updated to http://www.foxyspider.com/
January 27th, 2012
· FoxySpider is free!
· Japanese translation is added
December 8th, 2011
· Cool thumbnail tooltip with options to delete file, download it, share it on Facebook and share it on Twitter was added
· "Like" and "Follow" buttons were added to the gallery interface
· Rare case where crawl did not start was fixed
November 3rd, 2011
· Improved and slick new appearance of the gallery
· MIME-type based file detection (in addition to file extension based) is introduced (Content > Inspect all links MIME types)
October 6th, 2011
· Improved on-the-fly right justification of the gallery
· Cool fade-in effect of thumbnails added to the gallery
· Various translation fixes
June 22nd, 2011
· Portuguese (Brazilian) translation was added
· FoxySpider gallery was localized (at least for most languages)
· Rotating toolbar button fixes
June 2nd, 2011
· Allows multiple crawls
· Handles smoothly window resize
· Enhanced performance and stability
· Reduced memory consumption
April 15th, 2011
· Constant retry on HTTP error 503 (service unavailable)
· Stability issue was fixed when triggering crawl during high CPU load
· Serbian translation was added
March 7th, 2011
· Compatibility issues with Firefox 4 were fixed
January 17th, 2011
· Improved page layout
· Russian and Ukrainian translations were added
December 23rd, 2010
· Flash based Amazon ads were removed, as some reported Adobe Flash Player warning pop-ups
· "Ask for license key" button smoother behavior
· Text color (Black or white) is selected to suit the configured background color
December 15th, 2010
· Add-on problem in FF4.0 was fixed
· Small German translation fixes
December 9th, 2010
· Toolbar button positioning fix
· Embedded images dimension input boxes were increased to 4 digits
· Facebook like button was added to the gallery footer
November 22nd, 2010
· Variable leak issue was fixed
· Trial expiration notification was added to the gallery
· Affiliate ads rearrangement
October 27th, 2010
· Advanced filters are also accessible from the context menu
· New option was added - "Use generic thumbnails". By enabling this option the thumbnails in the FoxySpider galleries are generic. This significantly decreases the browser load. Use this mode if thumbnails preview is not required and you want to speed things up.
October 8th, 2010
· FoxySpider turns into a "light" version after 30 days
· "Advanced filters" are accessible by middle clicking the FoxySpider icon. Most important: it is now possible to make the crawl efficient and precise by choosing the base URL (for example: http://www.example.com/images/) of all crawled pages.
· Clicksor ads were removed from the galleries, as some anti-virus applications alert about them
· FoxySpider preferences page slow open issue was fixed
September 3rd, 2010
· An improved interoperability with add-ons such as Tab Kit and Tree Style Tab by selecting to open FoxySpider gallery in "New tab (as a link)".
· A bug in "Ask for license key" button was fixed.
· German translation was added.
August 27th, 2010
· FoxySpider toolbar button is still automatically added after installation but is now removable (from View > Toolbars > Customize)
· New option to limit the crawl time
· Hebrew translation was added
August 17th, 2010
· Spanish translation was added (thanks to Virgi AunCastells)
· Facebook "like" button in preferences was added
· Improved handling of sites using HTML character encoding
August 6th, 2010
· FoxySpider button is automatically added to the toolbar after installation
· Quick access to FoxySpider Preferences by right-clicking the toolbar button
· A more accurate "Limit gallery to X thumbnails"
July 30th, 2010
· FoxySpider is now compatible with Firefox 4
· StatCounter statistics collection was removed
· An optional link validator was added (from FoxySpider preferences: "Ignore broken link", under "content" tab). By selecting this, FoxySpider validates that every linked file (image, movie, etc.) actually exists, before it is added to the gallery. Enabling this might somewhat slow down crawling.
July 23rd, 2010
· A "stop" button was added to terminate crawling in the middle upon request (for example, when gallery becomes too large for your needs)
· Performance was improved
July 8th, 2010
· Available gallery thumbnails resizing modes are now: no resizing, width x height resizing, width resizing with aspect ratio maintaining and height resizing with aspect ratio maintaining
· A rare bug where irrelevant items appeared in the gallery was fixed
July 3rd, 2010
· Embedded JPGs" are "Embedded Images" (covers JPG, JPEG, PNG and BMP extensions. GIF extension is omitted in purpose to improve performance, since GIFs are rarely used for big sized meaningful images).
· "Find us on Facebook" link was added to the preferences. You are welcome to join!
June 18th, 2010
· A clear explanation page about the benefits of donating users was added.
June 15th, 2010
· Clicksor banners were added (reminder - donating users can enjoy ad-free FoxySpider)
· French locale re-introduced.
June 10th, 2010
· Ad-free FoxySpider for donating users! (more information in FoxySpider preferences > Donations)
· Improved performance
May 19th, 2010
· Improved Amazon links relevance.
· French translation added (thanks, Régis!). Locale translators are welcome to e-mail me.
May 11th, 2010
· A rare script breaking bug was fixed.
· The option "aggressive link fetch mode" was deleted, and now always used. This improves detecting links in the HTML page for further crawling.
· Improved JPG image detection when using "embedded files".
May 6th, 2010
· Enhanced performance of embedded JPGs option.
· Graceful behavior when gallery tab/window is closed in the middle of crawling.
· Tweaks to "verbose data" information (such as the number of gallery images).
· Improved contextual analysis for Amazon books links.
April 30th, 2010
· Content based links to Amazon books are added to the gallery.
· Improved handling of links that lead to HTTP error codes.
· "Aggressive link fetch mode" option is now available. This mode performs a deep scan of the page to locate links to crawl into, and not just the obvious anchor HTML tags.
April 21st, 2010
· Improved handling of pages with HTML special characters.
· StatCounter is now handled in a dedicated invisible frame.
· "Synergy" applications are specified in add-on options.
April 8th, 2010
· An infinite loop hazard while parsing invalid links was detected and fixed (thanks, AntBov).
· Performance improvements.
March 30th, 2010
· A script error during embedded JPGs addition was fixed
March 1st, 2010
· Per file type open mode selection was added. "In the background" is suitable for file types that the browser is set to automatically download (like video). "In new window" is suitable for file types that the browser is set to display internally (like images).
· "Restore Defaults" button was added to FoxySpider options.
February 13th, 2010Privacy notice was added about the usage of StatCounter:
· "FoxySpider uses StatCounter to monitor its popularity among its users. All the gathered information is public. For your knowledge, no information regarding the pages you visit leaves your computer."
· It is also optional to hide the StatCounter button and/or to avoid sending anything to StatCounter.
· Improved parsing of abnormal HTML.
February 8th, 2010
· Repeating images are displayed only once in the gallery.
· Better gallery arrangement for non-resized images.
· A very rare add-on bug was fixed.
January 29th, 2010
· Recursive crawling! FoxySpider can now crawl even beyond the pages linked by the original page. You can configure how deep your FoxySpider crawls ("crawler depth"). Use this wisely because it is very easy to get to astronomical number of pages. Crawler depth = 0 - scans only the original page; Crawler depth = 1 - scans the original page and the pages linked by it; Crawler depth = 2 - scans the original page, the pages linked by it and also the pages linked by them; Crawler depth = 3 - well, you got the picture...
· To protect you from scanning millions of pages you can (but do not have to) limit the maximal number of pages you wish to scan and the maximal number of images in the gallery. Crawling is stopped when either of the limits is reached.
· You can also limit the crawling only to the domain of the original page. Links outside the domain will not be scanned if "stay insider root page domain" is checked. In this way you can efficiently examine a complete "site" without being distracted by irrelevant pages.
· You can now select whether the gallery is created in a new tab or a new window.
· An improved support for Google image search was added.
January 29th, 2010
· Improved handling of framed pages.
· Some cases of add-on errors at the end of the gallery creation were fixed.
January 14th, 2010
· Fixed a bug caused by asking to create a gallery in the middle of a previous gallery creation.
· A humble PayPal "donate" button was added. Thank you for your understanding
January 13th, 2010
· "Save FoxySpider Gallery" option was added to the context menu, to export a gallery you are satisfied with to a file.
· Improved page alignment when "resize images" checkbox is unset. Final alignment is done only once all gallery images are loaded.