October 8th, 2012
· This version is about GNOME3. GTK2, gconf, and panelapplet are deprecated, replaced by GTK3 and gsettings.
· A new branch has been created for maintaining gtk2 code. The GNOME 2 version is still maintained in version 0.5.4.
March 30th, 2012
· This version introduces some interface improvements: there is now audio feedback when pressing or releasing keys and the policy is configurable.
· A new D-Bus interface has been added to control the keyboard from other processes.
February 11th, 2012
· This version introduces the touch screen input method.
· There have been some improvements to the ramble input method.
· Modifier (Alt, Shift, Ctrl, etc.) keys + click now works.
· Strings have been partially translated to Italian.
· Some other minor improvements were made and many bugs were fixed.
September 28th, 2011
· Many bugfixes.
· A new hide_on_start configuration parameter.
· A new keep_ratio configuration parameter.
· A new icon. AT-SPI2 (over dbus) support.
· Removal of resize grip in the latest GTK implementations.
· A Russian translation.
November 29th, 2010
· Many bugfixes.
· A new ramble input method for fast input.
· A GNOME panel applet.
· Under the hood design changes: redesigned input handling, added layout triggers, initial implementation of the future layout editor, and new layout extension placement: over.
January 29th, 2010
· New feature implemented: latch to lock. Press a modifier key 1 time to
· latch it and press it again to lock it.
· Many bug fixes and code cleanup.
September 10th, 2009
· This is mainly a bugfix release.
· The high CPU workload problem has been fixed.
· Documentation has been moved to gnome-doc-utils.
· Florence now listens to keys-changed events, which means that you can switch layout without restarting the program.
· Note that the Xorg RECORD extension is broken since version 1.6.
· Because of this, Florence with xrecord does not work correctly with recent distributions like Ubuntu 9.04, Mandriva 2009.1, or Fedora 11.
· Please compile Florence without xrecord if you are using Xorg 1.6 (use the --without-xrecord configure option).
August 5th, 2009
· This release implements action keys.
· Those keys are available as a layout extension.
· They allow to access Florence functions without requiring a systray.
· Many bugs have been fixed.
· If you have problems with this release, please try to compile without the xtst extension (--without-xtst configure option)
July 9th, 2009
· Make xkb optional
· Make at-spi optional
· Add a new keyboard layout (compact)
· Many bug fixes
April 18th, 2009
· Add a startup notification message
· Apply style and window opacity immediately
· Fix minor memory leak
· Set static gravity for window
· Listen to keyboard device events to update the status i18n and l10n in french of key labels.
March 17th, 2009
· Rebrand super key with florence smile
· Change xml parsing method from sequential reader to DOM
· Get rid of hitmap
· Add window opacity configuration parameter
· Implement tabs in settings dialog and add relevant parameters
· Add move_to_widget settings option
· Add intermediate icon option
· Many bug fixes (mainly concerning auto-hide)
February 21st, 2009
· The project has been internationalized with gettext and localized in French. Some minor bugs have been fixed.
January 25th, 2009
· This release focuses on usability.
· The settings dialog has changed to allow more control over visual settings.
· The zoom scrollbar has been replaced with the ability to resize the window more naturally from the window manager.
December 12th, 2008
· The focus of this release is style.
· You can now select a style for the keyboard in the settings dialog.
· The default style has been updated, and 2 new styles have been added.
· The settings dialog now listens to gconf events.
September 16th, 2008
· The most visible change of this version is its speed.
· It starts more quickly and is more responsive.
· Animation is also smoother.
· The non-locking modifiers keys don't behave exactly like previous versions of florence.
· All modifiers are released when a non-modifier key is pressed.
· Under the hood, the drawing system has been redesigned to use less memory with cairo and librsvg instead of libgnomecanvas and libart.
· XML schema validation has been replaced with relax-ng (compact syntax) validation for the layout file.
· This is much more readable and maintainable.