New in version 0.6.0
October 8th, 2012
- This version is about GNOME3. GTK2, gconf, and panelapplet are deprecated, replaced by GTK3 and gsettings.
- A new branch has been created for maintaining gtk2 code. The GNOME 2 version is still maintained in version 0.5.4.
New in version 0.5.3 (March 30th, 2012)
- This version introduces some interface improvements: there is now audio feedback when pressing or releasing keys and the policy is configurable.
- A new D-Bus interface has been added to control the keyboard from other processes.
New in version 0.5.2 (February 11th, 2012)
- This version introduces the touch screen input method.
- There have been some improvements to the ramble input method.
- Modifier (Alt, Shift, Ctrl, etc.) keys + click now works.
- Strings have been partially translated to Italian.
- Some other minor improvements were made and many bugs were fixed.
New in version 0.5.1 (September 28th, 2011)
- Many bugfixes.
- A new hide_on_start configuration parameter.
- A new keep_ratio configuration parameter.
- A new icon. AT-SPI2 (over dbus) support.
- Removal of resize grip in the latest GTK implementations.
- A Russian translation.
New in version 0.5.0 (November 29th, 2010)
- Many bugfixes.
- A new ramble input method for fast input.
- A GNOME panel applet.
- Under the hood design changes: redesigned input handling, added layout triggers, initial implementation of the future layout editor, and new layout extension placement: over.
New in version 0.4.6 (January 29th, 2010)
- New feature implemented: latch to lock. Press a modifier key 1 time to
- latch it and press it again to lock it.
- Many bug fixes and code cleanup.
New in version 0.4.4 (September 10th, 2009)
- This is mainly a bugfix release.
- The high CPU workload problem has been fixed.
- Documentation has been moved to gnome-doc-utils.
- Florence now listens to keys-changed events, which means that you can switch layout without restarting the program.
- Note that the Xorg RECORD extension is broken since version 1.6.
- Because of this, Florence with xrecord does not work correctly with recent distributions like Ubuntu 9.04, Mandriva 2009.1, or Fedora 11.
- Please compile Florence without xrecord if you are using Xorg 1.6 (use the --without-xrecord configure option).
New in version 0.4.3 (August 5th, 2009)
- This release implements action keys.
- Those keys are available as a layout extension.
- They allow to access Florence functions without requiring a systray.
- Many bugs have been fixed.
- If you have problems with this release, please try to compile without the xtst extension (--without-xtst configure option)
New in version 0.4.2 (July 9th, 2009)
- Make xkb optional
- Make at-spi optional
- Add a new keyboard layout (compact)
- Many bug fixes