June 12th, 2013
· Fixed error logging bug (thanks therube for report)
· Fixed regression in name guessing based on document title (thanks GµårÐïåñ for report)
· Added logging for original error messages on failed file writes
· Fixed cookie handling for TLD-less URLs (thanks jumpy21230 for reporting)
May 14th, 2013
· More informative error messages when a downloaded file cannot be written on disk.
· Fixed Youtube multi-format autodetection causing stream prefetching sometimes.
· Improved FlashGot Media file name guessing (thanks nagan for RFE).
· FlashGot Media autodetects and downloads alternate available resolutions and formats for Youtube movies, even when Flash is blocked (e.g. by NoScript).
· Support for the FlashGot All command on XML documents containing URL-like element attributes.
· More compatible and complete generic URL parameter redirector (grabs the "real" final URLs from redirects and trackers).
· Addresses of media content captured by FlashGot Media can be copied to the clipboard by right-clicking their menu entries (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE).
· Improved link chooser dialog's destination path textbox selection behavior, allowing for easier copy & paste.
· On the fly download when changing the default download manager now working for single links too.
· FlashGot Media support for dailymotion.com fragmented video clips.
· Updated dfiles.eu (FKA depositfiles.com) preprocessing for batch direct link premium downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
· Fixed Linux terminal support broken in some distros.
· Links in the chooser dialog can now be sorted by any attribute.
· Improved link chooser user interface for quick selection.
· Better defaults for automatic link choices and checkbox to always choose all the links by default.
· Added checkbox to control toolbar button visibility in the Media options tab.
· HTML 5 "download" attribute support.
· FlashGot Media toolbar icon placement can be customized also while no media is playing.
· Brand new multiple link selector for download managers which don't provide their own (such as the built-in or JDownloader).
· Restored imagefap.com automatic gallery spidering, which had been broken by site layout changes (thanks nucus for reporting).
· Added recent folders autocompletion support to built-in save path chooser; just focus the text field or type in it to have up to 10 recently used download paths to be looked up (thanks Scott Merrill for RFE)
· Added suggested file name support for links diverted from the "Save as" dialog.
· Full FlareGet support.
· Restored built-in download manager compatibility with Nightly (thanks helpfulboy02 for reporting).
· Added private mode support when calling built-in download manager.
· Enhanced About dialog.
· Better FlashGot Media handling of chunked formats.
· Initial support for ZigzagDownLoader
· Improved support for the FlareGet download manager.
· Further accuracy improvements in the Middle mouse button + drag south gesture, which triggers either FlashGot Link or FlashGot Selection, depending on the context (can be disabled by setting the flashgot.gesture about:config preference to false).
· UA placeholder for user agent string available to custom download manager definitions
· Improved oron.com preprocessing for batch direct link downloads (similar FlashGot-supported preprocessed file sharing services are fileserve.com, filesonic.com, hotfile.com, megaupload.com, netload.in, rapidshare.com, uploading.com, uploaded.to, ul.to, zshare.com).
· Batch download support for linksafe.me (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, relink.us, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com
· Updated and enhanced batch download support for relink.us (other already supported link protection/redirection services are chooselinks.com, re-links.com, protectlinks.com, rapidsafe.net, rsmonkey.com, hideurl.biz, ftp2share.net, rapidbolt.com, linkbank.eu, linkbucks.com, rsprotect.com (WARNING: Feb 15 2009, the rsprotect.com web site is infected, don't open without NoScript enabled), link-protector.com, stealth.to and lix.in, urlcash.net).
· Download Studio support (trial download here).
· Improved FlashGot Options|FlashGot Media panel, to choose a distinct download manager for streaming media capture. Firefox's built-in download manager is recommended because it uses browser's cache whenever possible and supports name guessing, and it's set as the default for FlashGot Media on new installatios.
· Windows visual download managers are fully supported on Linux and Mac OS X through Wine and Darwine (tested with FlashGet and Orbit Downloader on Ubuntu 8.0.4). You can enable or disable Wine support by setting the flashgot.useWine about:config preference to true or false.
May 7th, 2013
· [Media] Improved file name guessing (thanks nagan for reporting)
· [Locale] Updated French (thanks Jack Black)
April 10th, 2013
· [Media] Detection of fragmented Youtube movies inside Flash applets (thanks nagan for reporting)
· [Media] Further improvement in Dailymotion support (thanks therube for reporting)
· [Media] Better support for fragmented Dailymotion videos (thanks to chichi et al for reporting)
April 2nd, 2013
· [Media] Fixed Youtube content detection broken on Gecko < 2.0 (thanks Joe Greenman for reporting)
· [Media] Fixed FLV and MP4 movies not being detected if the Content-length HTTP header is missing
· [Media] Made Youtube metadata retrieval subrequests honor private browsing settings
· Made redirection automation background requests honor private browsing settings
March 23rd, 2013
· [Media] Automatic detection of alternate available resolutions and formats for Youtube movies
· [Media] Minor content type detection bug fix
· Added timestamp to log entries (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE)
· Log buffers get automatically flushed whenever the log file is opened in the browser
March 7th, 2013
· Support for "FlashGot All" on XML documents with URL-like attributes.
February 23rd, 2013
· Improved generic URL parameter redirector, does not break on some tracking Google results anymore
· Added flashgot.redir.generic.exceptions preference to exclude incompatible URLs from generic URL parameter redirection via space-separated regular expressions
· Support for DTA 3.0 Private Browsing (thanks Nils Maier for suggestion)
February 12th, 2013
· Better support for per-window Private Browsing
January 29th, 2013
· [Media] Right-clicking any URL in the Media menu copies it to clipboard (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE)
January 10th, 2013
· [Chooser] Improved destination path selection behavior makes copy and paste easier
· Fixed on the fly download when changing the default download manager not working for single links
· [Media] Fixed flashing icon hidden on some popup windows (thanks nagan for reporting)
December 27th, 2012
· dfiles.eu (FKA depositfiles.com) support
· Fixed Linux terminal support broken in some distros
· Fixed FlareGet support broken in some distros
· Support for on-the-fly Linux $PATH customization
· [Media] Fixed Daylimotion support broken when there's no query string (thanks therube for report)
· [Media] Support for dailymotion.com fragmented video clips
December 10th, 2012
· [Chooser] Addedd access keys
· [Chooser] Download list sortable by any attribute
· [Chooser] "Select All" and "Invert Selection"
· [Chooser] Automatic choice for URLs including the "file" or the "download" word
· [Media] Added checkbox to control toolbar button visibility in the "Media" options tab
· Added HTML 5 @download support
· Improved file name support
· [Media] Improved toolbar icon customization persistence
· [Media] Toolbar icon placement can be customized even if no media is playing
· [Chooser] Added persistent option to choose all the items by default
· [Chooser] Improved initial auto-selection
December 3rd, 2012
· Brand new multiple links selector dialog shown for download managers (such as the built-in or JDownloader) which don't provide their own
· Fixed media icon disappearing when localstore.rdf gets reset or deleted
· Removed deprecated octal numeric constants usage
· Restored imagefap.com automatic gallery spidering (thanks nuncus for reporting)
November 8th, 2012
· Added recent folders autocompletion support to built-in save path chooser (thanks Scott Merrill for RFE)
· Restored FlareGet support (broken because of Debian packaging case rules)
· Added fname support for links diverted from the "Save as" dialog
October 24th, 2012
· Full FlareGet support
· Fixed FlashGot Media still affected by the built-in download manager Unicode bug, preventing it from working on some locales (thanks taglife for report)
October 15th, 2012
· Fixed About dialog URLs typos and made it close as soon as a link is opened (thanks GµårÐïåñ for RFE)
· [Media] Fixed icon flashing multiple times on chunked content even though just one (artificially collapsed) media URL is shown to the user (thanks al_9x for reporting)
· [Media] Reduced noise by skipping the unsupported and possibly encrypted mp2ts chunked video format
· Restored built-in download manager compatibility with Nightly by adding private mode support (thanks helpfulboy02 for reporting)
October 9th, 2012
· Cookie support in FlareGet
· Support for ZigzagDownLoader
· Tentative work-around for bug 795683
September 27th, 2012
· Media file name support in FlareGet
· Fixed media icon being shown even if the HTTP response status is error (thanks al_9x for report)
· Fixed mispellings in Chinese localizations (thanks taglife for reporting)
· Fixed built-in download manager could not be selected as the FlashGot Media default if its name locale translation contained non-ASCII characters (thanks taglife for reporting)
· Fixed media icon shown on unrelated windows sometimes (thanks al_9x for reporting)
· Removed some Error Console noise on media detection
August 14th, 2012
· Fixed regression, some downloads failing on progress notifications (thanks Juan Manuel Velazque for reporting)
July 18th, 2012
· [Media] Added support for recognizing m4v files as mp4 even with incorrect mime type headers ( thanks Splash Team for report)
· [Media] Improved file name detection
June 26th, 2012
· [Media] Fixed moving the FlashGot Media icon in the Customize Toolbars palette didn't cause the icon to permanently stay there
· [Media] Fixed hiding the addon bar makes the Media icon relocate itself automatically to the navigation bar
· [Media] Prevented asx files from doubleclick ads (e.g. on Youtube preroll) to clutter FlashGot Media menu (controlled by flashgot.media.skipAds preference)
· [Locale] Updated localizations
May 25th, 2012
· Support for latest DtA development version (thanks d_a for reporting)
· [Media] Fixed detection failing on Firefox 15
· [Media] Better adaptivity of the flashing icon
May 11th, 2012
· Fixed cursor feedback being triggered by middle click scrolling near the bottom border (thanks Infocatcher for report)
April 24th, 2012
· flashgot.gesture.feedback about:config switch
· Fixed issues with gesture activation and feedback (thanks therube for reporting)
· Removed cursor feedback on progress
March 20th, 2012
· Compatibility with misconfigured providers serving media with a text/html content type header, such as www.aljazeera.net
· Restored Win2k compatibility
March 6th, 2012
· Fixed bugs in HTTP Authorization data handling
· FlashGet 3.7 compatibility
February 18th, 2012
· [Media] Work-around to download whole Youtube media even when served split in chunks
· Increased to 500,000 bytes the minimum size threshold for flv/mp4 triggering FlashGot Media
February 8th, 2012
· [Media] Support for POST media requests
· Updated chooselink.com, re-links.com and linksafe.me redirect support
· Experimental support for arcpass and httpauth JDownloader parameters (not exposed yet by any public JDownloader build)
January 9th, 2012
· [Media] FlashGot Media now reuses the streaming cache directly, rather than forcing the file cache (this also fixes an issue with some videos being playable just once)
December 19th, 2011
· [Media] media files now get deleted from the cache as soon as the page loading them is unloaded, unless a download is in progress (controlled by the flashgot.media.removeCacheFileOnUnload, thanks sloth9 for RFE)
December 2nd, 2011
· Fixed "FlashGot All" and "FlashGot Selection" broken on latest Nightly
October 31st, 2011
· Link for single download or number and domains for batches is shown in the folder chooser title
October 13th, 2011
· Fixed new wget server-provided file names handling getting confused sometimes