What's new in Fische 4.0.1:January 22nd, 2013
What's new in Fische 4.0.0:January 21st, 2013
- This version no longer does any sound recording.
- This may seem strange, but there are tools (such as sox) that are so much better at reading and converting sound.
- Therefore, it will from now on only accept data on stdin.
- It uses OpenGL, which also makes it more flexible.
- Resizing a window is now easily possible, including to fullscreen, while having separated the CPU and RAM demand from the window size.
What's new in Fische 3.2.2:January 19th, 2011
- Fische has received support for clean exit on Ctrl^C.
- Other changes are purely cosmetical.
What's new in Fische 3.2.1:January 17th, 2011
- Version 3.2.0 introduced an FTBFS. Linux users please update
What's new in Fische 3.2.0:January 17th, 2011
- Fische has been improved in many areas.
- Beat detection has been enhanced, colour changes make more sense, performance was drastically improved, and the code was cleaned up.
What's new in Fische 3.1.4a:April 17th, 2010
- Unfortunately, fische 3.1.4 introduced a very annoying bug, that rendered the configuration file useless.
What's new in Fische 3.1.3:April 11th, 2010
- This release includes support for PortAudio input, as well as binaries for Windows and Mac OS X
- Fullscreen switching should now work on all operating systems.
What's new in Fische 3.1.2:March 31st, 2010
- This release features full integration of the predictive beat detection algorithm and many minor enhancements to the animation vectorfields.
What's new in Fische 3.0.5:November 27th, 2009
- A new beat detection algorithm has been implemented and delivers more precise results
- Predictive beat detection can be used. This feature is to be considered experimental and is therefore not the default.
- Fische now builds on kfreebsd based systems with alsa emulation.
- The tarball is here or in the downloads section - as usual.
What's new in Fische 3.0.3:August 31st, 2009
- Mainly build problems and small annoyances have been fixed.
What's new in Fische 3.0.2:August 31st, 2009
- This release includes a fix for a common segfault bug induced by ALSA mis-configuration, as well as some troubleshooting instructions in the README.
What's new in Fische 3.0.1:August 25th, 2009
- This release fixes an FTBFS on 32-bit architectures and includes a README with basic instructions.
What's new in Fische 3.0:August 23rd, 2009
- Lots of performance optimisations have been implemented. Most notably, fische now supports SMP and makes full use of nowadays' multi-core CPUs. Furthermore, the blur algorithms have been intensively tested, in order to ensure maximum performance and minimum use of resources.
- Fische 3.0 does not introduce new features as compared to v2.0. Yet beat detection and vectorfields have been enhanced. Commandline options have been extended to include fullscreen startup, single-threaded operation and ALSA PCM device (now optional). In turn, runtime controls have been reduced to a bare minimum (ESC: quit, P: pause, F: toggle fullscreen).