New in version 6.3.23
December 12th, 2012
- REGRESSION FIXES:
- Fix compilation with OpenSSL implementations before 0.9.8m that lack SSL_CTX_clear_options. Patch by Earl Chew. Note that the use of older OpenSSL versions with fetchmail is unsupported and *not* recommended.
- BUG FIXES:
- Fix combination of --plugin and -f -. Patch by Alexander Zangerl, to fix Debian Bug#671294.
- Clean up logfile vs. syslog handling, and in case logfile overrides syslog, send a message to the latter stating where logging goes.
- The build process can now be made a bit more silent and concise through ./configure --enable-silent-rules, or by adding "V=0" to the make command.
- Make Maillennium POP3 workarounds less specific, to encompass Maillennium POP3/UNIBOX (Maillennium V05.00c++). Reported by Eddie via fetchmail-users mailing list, 2012-10-13.
- TRANSLATION UPDATES:
- [cs] Czech, by Petr Pisar
- [da] Danish, by Joe Hansen
- [de] German
- [fr] French, Frédéric Marchal
- [ja] Japanese, Takeshi Hamasaki
- [pl] Polish, by Jakub Bogusz
- [sv] Swedish, by Göran Uddeborg
- [vi] Vietnamese, Trần Ngọc Quân
New in version 6.3.20 (June 6th, 2011)
- Fixing a denial-of service in STARTTLS and makes --keep configurations log less verbosely.
New in version 6.3.15 (March 29th, 2010)
- The repository has been converted and moved from the Subversion (SVN) format
- kindly hosted by Graham Wilson over the past years to Git format hosted on
- Gitorious.org.My deepest thanks to Graham Wilson for this service that
- kept us going when BerliOS's Subversion service was faulty in its early days.
- This opportunity was used to convert BRANCH_6-2 and BRANCH_1-9-9 to
- GnuPG-signed tags, as a sign that these are now closed.
- The outdated SVN trunk is now called "oldtrunk" in Git just to save the work
- for future reference. All development in the past few years was on BRANCH_6-3.
- master was branched from BRANCH_6-3.BRANCH_6-3 is now obsolete (and in fact
- was also converted to a tag to record where the conversion from SVN to Git
- took place).
- "make check" now skips HTML validation if xmllint or XHTML DTD are missing.