December 12th, 2012REGRESSION FIXES:
· Fix compilation with OpenSSL implementations before 0.9.8m that lack SSL_CTX_clear_options. Patch by Earl Chew. Note that the use of older OpenSSL versions with fetchmail is unsupported and *not* recommended.
· Fix combination of --plugin and -f -. Patch by Alexander Zangerl, to fix Debian Bug#671294.
· Clean up logfile vs. syslog handling, and in case logfile overrides syslog, send a message to the latter stating where logging goes.
· The build process can now be made a bit more silent and concise through ./configure --enable-silent-rules, or by adding "V=0" to the make command.
· Make Maillennium POP3 workarounds less specific, to encompass Maillennium POP3/UNIBOX (Maillennium V05.00c++). Reported by Eddie via fetchmail-users mailing list, 2012-10-13.
· [cs] Czech, by Petr Pisar
· [da] Danish, by Joe Hansen
· [de] German
· [fr] French, Frédéric Marchal
· [ja] Japanese, Takeshi Hamasaki
· [pl] Polish, by Jakub Bogusz
· [sv] Swedish, by Göran Uddeborg
· [vi] Vietnamese, Trần Ngọc Quân
June 6th, 2011
· Fixing a denial-of service in STARTTLS and makes --keep configurations log less verbosely.
March 29th, 2010
· The repository has been converted and moved from the Subversion (SVN) format
· kindly hosted by Graham Wilson over the past years to Git format hosted on
· Gitorious.org.My deepest thanks to Graham Wilson for this service that
· kept us going when BerliOS's Subversion service was faulty in its early days.
· This opportunity was used to convert BRANCH_6-2 and BRANCH_1-9-9 to
· GnuPG-signed tags, as a sign that these are now closed.
· The outdated SVN trunk is now called "oldtrunk" in Git just to save the work
· for future reference. All development in the past few years was on BRANCH_6-3.
· master was branched from BRANCH_6-3.BRANCH_6-3 is now obsolete (and in fact
· was also converted to a tag to record where the conversion from SVN to Git
· took place).
· "make check" now skips HTML validation if xmllint or XHTML DTD are missing.