April 26th, 2009
· added support for text rendering with backround image
· added command-line arguments to customize command executed in sub-window
· added Alt-Fn and all FbTerm's shortcuts support when input method is actived
· added option "-v/--verbose" to show some useful information
· fixed some text color issues with version 1.4
· fixed encoding selection error when locale is C/POSIX
· fixed a bug where screen is cleared on startup even in inactive tty
· fixed a bug where variable HOME is not defined
March 15th, 2009
· Text rendering performance was improved.
· Support for 256 color mode was added.
· A "font-width" option was added to adjust character width.
· Support for older 2.2/2.4 kernels was added.
· A crash bug with bitmap fonts was fixed.
· A configure failure in the cross-compiling environment was fixed.
December 20th, 2008
· This release added command line arguments for changing option values, a client-server based input method framework, screen rotation support, and support for visual type DIRECTCOLOR used by ATI cards.
· It also fixed a bug where users couldn't input some Unicode characters, a bug where original console state was not restored after FbTerm exited, and several trivial bugs.
October 12th, 2008
· Escape and control sequences compatibility with the Linux console was improved, and sequences for changing the color palette and cursor shape are supported.
· An option to adjust the default cursor shape and flash interval and an option to modify characters considered as part of a word while auto-selecting text were added.
· A freeze issue caused by changing console winsize under Linux kernel 2.6.26 was fixed.
· An error was fixed where the screen was not repainted when switching back to a virtual console on which FbTerm is running, but in which FbTerm does not have an active window.
· Several crash bugs and a buffer overflow were fixed.
September 17th, 2008
· add configurable additional text encoding support and switch between them with hot keys
· add option in configure file to let user adjust max scroll-back history lines of every window
· fixed cursor drawing issue while shell command line containing double width characters
· fixed a spelling error in source for older kernel support
· fixed a compile failure while kernel headers version less than 2.6.24