New in version 1.5
April 26th, 2009
- added support for text rendering with backround image
- added command-line arguments to customize command executed in sub-window
- added Alt-Fn and all FbTerm's shortcuts support when input method is actived
- added option "-v/--verbose" to show some useful information
- fixed some text color issues with version 1.4
- fixed encoding selection error when locale is C/POSIX
- fixed a bug where screen is cleared on startup even in inactive tty
- fixed a bug where variable HOME is not defined
New in version 1.4 (March 15th, 2009)
- Text rendering performance was improved.
- Support for 256 color mode was added.
- A "font-width" option was added to adjust character width.
- Support for older 2.2/2.4 kernels was added.
- A crash bug with bitmap fonts was fixed.
- A configure failure in the cross-compiling environment was fixed.
New in version 1.3 (December 20th, 2008)
- This release added command line arguments for changing option values, a client-server based input method framework, screen rotation support, and support for visual type DIRECTCOLOR used by ATI cards.
- It also fixed a bug where users couldn't input some Unicode characters, a bug where original console state was not restored after FbTerm exited, and several trivial bugs.
New in version 1.2 (October 12th, 2008)
- Escape and control sequences compatibility with the Linux console was improved, and sequences for changing the color palette and cursor shape are supported.
- An option to adjust the default cursor shape and flash interval and an option to modify characters considered as part of a word while auto-selecting text were added.
- A freeze issue caused by changing console winsize under Linux kernel 2.6.26 was fixed.
- An error was fixed where the screen was not repainted when switching back to a virtual console on which FbTerm is running, but in which FbTerm does not have an active window.
- Several crash bugs and a buffer overflow were fixed.
New in version 1.1 (September 17th, 2008)
- add configurable additional text encoding support and switch between them with hot keys
- add option in configure file to let user adjust max scroll-back history lines of every window
- fixed cursor drawing issue while shell command line containing double width characters
- fixed a spelling error in source for older kernel support
- fixed a compile failure while kernel headers version less than 2.6.24