December 10th, 2012
· More programming patterns (map/for_all, reduce).
· Doxygen class documentation.
· Automatic thread mapping and pinning.
· Major performance improvements.
· Several new lock-free algorithms (e.g. fast unbound queue, and several others from other authors).
· A parallel memory allocator.
· A distributed version.
· Examples of GPGPUs usage.
April 6th, 2011
· This release marks the first porting onto the Windows OS.
· It has been tested on Windows 7 on the x86_64 architecture with Visual Studio 10.
· More examples were added.
· Many improvements were made to the allocator, such as deferred reclamation and memory alignment.
· A new mapping API was added.
· Multi-push, multi-producers/multi-consumers queue, Posix_memalign in the allocator, and Ticket-spinlock were implemented.
· The ff_queue implementation of a SPSC queue was added.
· Several bugs were fixed.
September 2nd, 2010
· Unbounded SWSR queue improved.
· Added list-based dynamic queue.
· Changed directory structure.
· cmake compilation support.
· Fixed some bugs (ffStats, one memory leak).
· Multiple streams management.
· compilation warnings (strict aliasing warnings).
· Improved accelerator.
March 23rd, 2010
· Moved to LGPLv3 license. More tests and applications (including pbzip2). Allocator improved. Fixed some bugs. Added the broadcast_task method.
February 5th, 2010
· Minor API revision.
· FastFlow accelerator support.
· Execution trace support.
· Allocator improved.
· More tests and applications.
November 18th, 2009
· new farm interface
· pipeline skeleton
· ff_send_out function introduced
· possibility to build arbitrary graphs of pipeline and farms
· mandelbrot set application
· fixed some bugs