March 29th, 2013
· This is a major source code refactoring and cleanup.
· A long-standing CPU usage problem was fixed.
· The find/replace dialogs can be docked to the main window, and it is possible to continue editing while they are displayed.
· This release adds support for \L, \U, \l, and \u modifiers in regex replacements.
· The GUI is more responsive while running macros and external commands.
· Several other minor annoyances were addressed.
· Scintilla was updated to version 3.2.5.
July 10th, 2012
· An autocomplete feature was added.
· The right-click "popup" menu can be customized.
· Updated Scintilla to 3.2.0; Lua to 5.1.5.
· A few other minor and/or obscure problems were fixed.
December 1st, 2011
· A soft line-wrapping feature was added, improved international keyboard support, compose keys (aka "dead keys") support on xorg with >= FOX-1.7.29, several appearance and usability improvements to the GUI, and a couple of critical bug fixes.
March 11th, 2011
· Horizontal scrolling was improved, file open dialogs are easier to use, many more small improvements and bug fixes. Portability: FXiTe now compiles and runs on MINIX! Scintilla was updated to version 2.24, and some platform-specific issues were fixed for FreeBSD and MS-Windows.
June 30th, 2010
· A couple of critical problems were fixed; numerous other minor bugs and annoyances were also eliminated.
· Added a new "smart" indent option and a few other usability enhancements. The Scintilla control is updated to the latest (2.12) version.
· Source tarball and compiled executables are available for Win32, Linux (i686/x86_64), and FreeBSD (i386).
March 1st, 2010
· This release brings improved styling of PHP documents, better EWMH compliance, and fixes a couple of critical bugs in the Lua scripting functions.
January 29th, 2010
· This release fixes a potential lock-up in the search and replace regex code, along with many other less serious bug fixes, and a few enhancements.
· The text widget has been updated to the latest Scintilla-2.02 release.