New in version 0.92
October 3rd, 2013
- Initial support for building with CMake;
- Fixes to compile with FOX-1.7.42+;
- Updated Scintilla to 3.3.5;
- Added support for UTF-16 files with BOM, and respect for UTF-8 BOM;
- Several Windows-specific fixes including improved I/O for external commands and filters, bug fixes for single-instance and DND regressions, and fixes for problems with default indent/unindent keybindings.
New in version 0.91 (March 29th, 2013)
- This is a major source code refactoring and cleanup.
- A long-standing CPU usage problem was fixed.
- The find/replace dialogs can be docked to the main window, and it is possible to continue editing while they are displayed.
- This release adds support for \L, \U, \l, and \u modifiers in regex replacements.
- The GUI is more responsive while running macros and external commands.
- Several other minor annoyances were addressed.
- Scintilla was updated to version 3.2.5.
New in version 0.9 (July 10th, 2012)
- An autocomplete feature was added.
- The right-click "popup" menu can be customized.
- Updated Scintilla to 3.2.0; Lua to 5.1.5.
- A few other minor and/or obscure problems were fixed.
New in version 0.8 (December 1st, 2011)
- A soft line-wrapping feature was added, improved international keyboard support, compose keys (aka "dead keys") support on xorg with >= FOX-1.7.29, several appearance and usability improvements to the GUI, and a couple of critical bug fixes.
New in version 0.7 (March 11th, 2011)
- Horizontal scrolling was improved, file open dialogs are easier to use, many more small improvements and bug fixes. Portability: FXiTe now compiles and runs on MINIX! Scintilla was updated to version 2.24, and some platform-specific issues were fixed for FreeBSD and MS-Windows.
New in version 0.6 (June 30th, 2010)
- A couple of critical problems were fixed; numerous other minor bugs and annoyances were also eliminated.
- Added a new "smart" indent option and a few other usability enhancements. The Scintilla control is updated to the latest (2.12) version.
- Source tarball and compiled executables are available for Win32, Linux (i686/x86_64), and FreeBSD (i386).
New in version 0.5 (March 1st, 2010)
- This release brings improved styling of PHP documents, better EWMH compliance, and fixes a couple of critical bugs in the Lua scripting functions.
New in version 0.4 (January 29th, 2010)
- This release fixes a potential lock-up in the search and replace regex code, along with many other less serious bug fixes, and a few enhancements.
- The text widget has been updated to the latest Scintilla-2.02 release.