New in version 2.7.0
December 7th, 2011
- This release adds support for 320x240 mode.
- It remembers again the last mode used (48K, 128K, etc.).
New in version 2.6.0 (December 4th, 2011)
- This version adds ULAPlus support, fixes a little bug when loading ROMs, and allows going to submenus from the HELP menu.
New in version 2.4.2 (February 18th, 2011)
- Fixed a bug in the ALSA sound subsystem.
New in version 2.4.1 (March 15th, 2010)
- emulates acurately the Original spectrum (both issue 2 and issue 3), the classic 128K, the Amstrad Plus 2, the Amstrad Plus 2A and the Spanish 128K. This include screen, keyboard and sound (both speaker and AY-3-8912 chip).
- Screen emulation is extremely acurate, so it can emulate border efects and even atribute efects.
- Supports Z80 snapshots, both loading and saving, and loading .SNA snapshots.
- Supports TAP (both read and write) and TZX (only read) tape files, supporting normal speed loading and fast speed loading.
- Emulates joysticks: kempston, cursor and sinclair.
- Emulates the Interface I and Microdrive.
- Based in a new, fully free, Z80 emulator (Z80Free).
- Is distributed under GPLv3 license.
New in version 2.4.0 (February 21st, 2010)
- Fixed a bug in SNA loader (thanks to Jose Luis)
- Added a DC filter in PulseAudio sound, to avoid losing the sound when mixing with other audio sources (thanks to Paul N)
- Added a help message at startup
New in version 2.1b (April 29th, 2009)
- Renamed directory roms in the TAR.BZ2 package to spectrum-roms, to allow FBZX to run from a local directory, without needing to install it globally (DEB package with version 2.1 works fine, so has not been replaced).
New in version 2.1 (December 26th, 2008)
- This release changes the ROM format for compatibility with files in the Debian package SPECTRUM-ROMS.
- A new icon has been added.
New in version 2.0 (November 30th, 2008)
- The code is now completely free, thanks to a new Z80 emulator written from scratch.
- It now emulates the Spanish 128K.
- Either ALSA or OSS can be used for sound output.
- The volume settings are now stored.
- The program can be run from the local directory, without installing in /usr.
- A bug in the sound with some soundcards was fixed.