December 3rd, 2012
· In the network library, Cyrillic title rendering has been fixed, search history has been added, and miscellaneous bugs have been fixed.
· Bulgarian hyphenation patterns have been added.
November 19th, 2012
· This version implements a new network library look and feel (separate window, asynchronous) and supports archive modules.
· For the EPub format, it fixes a crash on some books from Project Gutenberg and fixes -formatted text support.
· For the RTF format, it fixes footnotes support.
· For the MS Word *.doc format, it implements language/encoding detection and fixes a crash during library scanning or book opening for some files.
September 10th, 2012
· Personal bookshelf (a list of purchased books) for Litres.Ru catalog
· Hebrew localization by David Kachan
· Updated Finnish localization by Marko Vertainen
· Misc build and installation fixes by kensington
April 2nd, 2010
· Processing of external hyperlinks in ePub files has been changed.
March 26th, 2010
· Processing of epub local hyperlinks of form ../dir/file.html has been fixed.
· Code is now compilable with gcc 4.4.* (missing include directives have been added).
March 23rd, 2010
· Smashwords library support has been improved: purchase links have been added.
· LitRes library support has been updated: since this version FBReader uses an OPDS proxy located at http://data.fbreader.org/ for most operations with the LitRes catalog.
· Processing of the xhtml hyperlinks in html encoded form (like /files/This is a link) has been fixed.
· A seg.fault during scanning several archives has been fixed.
· Lithuanian localization has been updated.
· Vietnamese language/encoding detection patterns have been added.
March 5th, 2010
· Vietnamese interface taranslation by Phạm Văn Hùng_Firestork has been added.
· LitRes integration broken in the previous version has been fixed.
March 3rd, 2010
· The viewing of ePub files from fictionwise.com has been fixed. A set of files from this site are compressed with some errors. However other readers (like Adobe Digital Editions) allows to read these books. FBReader 0.12.6 supports such books too.
February 24th, 2010
· A bug related to image links in ePub files has been fixed.
· An authentication on the FeedBooks site has been fixed.
February 22nd, 2010
· The ePub format support has been improved: better CSS support has been implemented; the images in tag are now visible; a bug in the unzip code has been fixed.
· Better integration with network e-libraries: an authorization have been implemented for FeedBooks and Shucang sites.
· Full localizations for Dutch, Hungarian and Spanish have been added. Many thanks to the translators: Bosel (Dutch localization), Sándor Gábor (Hungarian) and Jorge Andrés Benítez (Spanish). The full list of existing FBReader localizations includes 16 languages at the moment.
· Misc bugfixes.
January 30th, 2010
· An annoying bug in the Windows version has been fixed: in FBReader 0.12.1 a closing of the main window doesn't finish the application.
· Localizations for Czech, Finnish, French, German, Italian and Ukrainian have been updated.
· Misc small fixes.
December 7th, 2009
· New presentation of library.
· Better integration with network libraries: FeedBooks, LitRes, Shucang and SmashWords. This version allows to browse catalogs, to search and download the books. For LitRes (Russian e-library) it is also possible to purchase books.
· Added Chinese localization (by Shucang).
· Image scaling has been implemented.
· Better encoding/language detection. Arabic and Indonesian patterns are back.
· Mobipocket, eReader and chm support have been improved.
October 20th, 2009
· A crash under amd64 platform has been fixed.
· A litres.ru support has been updated: new protocol is now used. New features (including authorization and direct book buying) are coming soon. :)
· Miscellaneous UI fixes.
October 14th, 2009
· A feedbooks.com support has been updated: new (atom-based) protocol is now used.
· An ability do delete book file from the disk has been added.
· A bug with selection in gtk versio ("sporadic selection") has been fixed.
· Debian repository for amd64 platform is now available.
· Several small patches have been applied (thanks to Erik Hovland).
September 27th, 2009
· A support for eReader (Peanut reader) book format has been added.
· Mobipocket support has been improved.
· German localization has been added (many thanks to Rainer Paul).
· An information about books (like title, author name, language, etc.) is now stored in SQLite database files instead of the old books.xml file.
· An interaction with the feedbooks.com online library has been fixed.
March 30th, 2009
· A conflict between hyperlink clicks and touch scrolling has been fixed.
· In maemo versions, empty menu items have been hidden.
· In maemo 2/3 versions, conflicts in package descriptions have been fixed.
March 27th, 2009
· A bug with images/css links in epub has been fixed. All the links inside XHTML files were interpreted relative to the root OPF location instead of XHTML file location. As a result, some images were not shown in epub books.
March 21st, 2009
· The migration tool from version 0.8.* has been fixed.
· An FBReader freeze has been fixed.
· Several text selection related issues have been fixed.
· Desktop Debian packages have been updated to avoid a conflict with a version in the standard Ubuntu 9.04 repository.
March 20th, 2009
· The Maemo platform (Nokia Internet Tablet) is supported again.
· Multiple epub format issues have been fixed.
February 5th, 2009
· Some issues related to multi-file tar, tar.gz, and tar.bz2 archives have been fixed.
· Greek hyphenation patterns were regenerated from another TeX source; the new version has no license issues from the Debian point of view.
January 25th, 2009
· This version is released for desktop and netbook computers only (for both Linux and Windows platforms).
· A crash in the Preferences dialog of the Windows version has been fixed.
· Image order in mobipocket files has been corrected.
· Indonesian localization files have been updated.
January 16th, 2009
· This release fixes an infinite loop in the library building code and Space key processing in the qt4-based version.
· A book description is now visible for books found in network libraries.
January 12th, 2009
· Network library integration has been added.
· Partial CSS support for epub files has been added.
· Support for epub and Mobipocket book formats has been substantially improved.
· Library view usability has been improved: you can now organize the tree either by author or by tag.
· You can now select a word by double-click and a paragraph by triple-click.
· Support for right-to-left languages and bidirectional texts has been added.
· Support for Arabic, Hebrew, Greek, and Turkish has been added.
· Arabic and Czech localizations have been added.
· It's now possible to use the OS scrollbar for navigating through the text.