March 12th, 2010
· eyeOS 2.0 comes with the base desktop, users filesystem and the 5 base applications. From those, the files manager has been the main focus on the development. Note that this release includes some unestable apps, as Documents, Spreadsheets or Calendar, for example. We have choice to publish it in front of wait because we want to show you all the capabilities of eyeOS 2.0.
· With the Social Bar you can know on every moment the collaborative status of the document your are working. Social Bar appears on every app which can be used collaboratively.
· The groups allows you to work in a collaborative way with eyeOS 2.0. With a group you can, for example, share files with your contacts.
· The events shows you the actions of your eyeOS 2 account. New invitations for groups, pending contacts or shared files, for example.
· In the new version of EyeOs, the desktop concept has been rethought. Instead of just using the desktop to display a group of icons and a background, we decided to use it to display the information that is most helpful to the user. So the home screen is now a series of widgets that show the available applications and the most important information about your session, thus increasing your productivity.
June 10th, 2009
· [UPDATED] TinyMCE to its latest version
· [REVERTED] Flash property wmode, which caused problems with some Firefox installations
· [FIXED] saving documents with eyeDocs
· [FIXED] problems with some servers and infinite loops (especially QNAP devices)
April 1st, 2009The new default Desktop, plus 4 other themes:
· Welcome to eyeOS. Again. The new default theme introduces improvements in the desktop utilization, an improved minimized apps bar which indicates which app is being used, improvements in window management (focusing the active window all the time), a new icon set. Apart from this new one, the Classic desktop (from eyeOS 1.x), Light desktop, Fusion and Oxygen are also available in the Theme section from System Preferences.
The new eyeDocs: eyeOS Word Processor:
· Open it and you’ll probably feel like in front of a Desktop Word Processor. Better page design, default margins, new available tools, improved toolbar, select box to choose between eyeDoc, MS Word and OpenDocument formats, among other improvements.
eyeAdressBook, the new Contacts Manager:
· Open Address Book and meet the new contacts manager from eyeOS. If you had contacts in the old eyeContacts they will be imported to the new Address Book on the first start. With the new one you’ll be finally able to create and manage contact groups, attach photos to contacts and more.
· Did eyeMP3 caused problems to you? With the new eyeMedia app you can manage your playlists and customize what will you listen to from eyeOS. With the new eyeMedia app you can use eyeOS as your online music player. Thanks to Hunter Perrin’s Media Vault!
Share your files with other users:
· A new “Share with…” dialog has been added to both “Actions” panel from the Files Manager and contextual menus from files and folders. With this new option you can directly copy files to the selected groups (all where your user has access to) and creates a link between your private files and shared groups.
January 7th, 2009The new eyeFiles:
· One of the most important applications in eyeOS, eyeFiles (the file manager) didn’t have major updates since it was initially released in eyeOS 1.0. It has been rewritten for eyeOS 1.8 and includes major new features such as a multiple views (icons, list, details), a new zone to navigate between home folder, groups and trash (unifying the three apps into a single one), a new “Open With…” dialog to select which app should open a specific type of file and more.
eyeHelp: eyeOS Help System:
· The new Help System, available for all applications developed with the eyeOS Toolkit 1.8+, and allows the user receive information about the usage of the application being used and ask for help to the administrator of the system. If you would like to contribute creating more help contents for some base apps you can contact Lars.
New available theme: eyeFusion:
· There are dozens of themes for eyeOS 1.x available in eyeOS-apps.org, but one of them, developed specifically for eyeOS 1.8 has been selected to be included in the release. eyeFusion is now the third theme included in eyeOS by default and presents a darker, more realistic look of the desktop, icons and base applications artwork.
Improvements in the eyeOS API and Toolkit:
· The eyeOS Toolkit 1.x continues evolving to become one of the best available toolkits and API to develop web applications. In eyeOS 1.8, the Toolkit includes new widgets and improvements in some existing ones. For example there is a new Sound widget to develop native audio applications. There are new applications already available using this new features in eyeOS-apps.org, like a native music player & manager called eyeMediaVault.
Small improvements here and there:
· Some of the base applications have been studied to provide a better usability to the end user (e.g. eyeContacts has been redesigned to provide a clearner interface). All the base applications can be maximized now (auto-adapting its forms to every window size), and almost all of them can be full-screened, hiding the desktop behind them.
October 16th, 2008
· Added a function to reset the eyeDock configuration
· Added an additional tab for eyeControl with additional cache settings
· The mobile version of eyeOS works again now.
· Closing eyeDock removes all elements now
· Fixed a problem with unserializing a RTF-Textbox
· Fixed a problem with the alternative text of images in IE
· Fixed eyeVideo, which works again now
· Fixed a problem with too many friends for an object
· Fixed the full screen function of eyePresentation
· Fixed a problem with the Context menu alias "Ctrl + Click", which went into problems if a user used the "Ctrl" key outside of eyeOS
· Fixed a problem with the months in the "weekPlanner" widget
· Fixed a problem with the cache system parameters in the installer
· Fixed a problem with eyeSoft, which did not update the installed version number of applications
October 1st, 2008
· Office support can be finally installed under Windows systems.
· eyeOS is now full Internet Explorer 6 compatible, technically and graphically.
· Applications now use the icons form the themes folders, which will make eyeOS more themes-friendly.
· eyeDocs (component: TinyMCE) now uses inline popups, which look like native eyeOS windows.
· All eyeOS applications can be completely translated. see this page
· Added many new options to eyeCalendar see this page
· Now eyeOS provides a cache system. see this page
· With this release we provide a completely new web installer.
· eyeIframize now loads swf files from the users home directory.
· The language selection from eyeLogin now works correctly.
· On HTTPS servers the "Advanced" eyeUpload method is not available if the browser is not IE.
· eyeLogin stays in the middle while resizing the browser window.
· Moving windows in IE does not set "left" to "0" the first time it's moved.
· Width and height of the Opera windows are identified correctly now.
· eyeSheets, eyeSoft and the "Simple" eyeUpload method work correctly now.
· Showing "" works in every widget now.
· Maximizing windows while using eyeLightDesk now works correctly.
· Fixed ending a process for some applications.
· Cleaned the basic CSS files and fixed some small arguments.
· The installer now uses the new eyeOS design, too.
· eyeCalendar is working great in all tested browsers now. (see known issues!)
· New repository for eyeOS 1.7!
· eyeMail is removed, because of instability (seperate package via eyeSoft)
· Theme changes increase the user's EXTERN_CACHE_VERSION!
· The Context menu can be called by pressing [Ctrl] + moving the mouse.
· Option to save window positions
· Resizing the browser window now does not break the system / desktop
· Flash upload updated
· Renaming a desktop icon now does not change its position
· eyeImages works correctly in fullscreen mode now.
· eyeFiles and eyeGroups Context menu in IE6 is corrected now
· eyeDesk handles icons correctly now