New in version 140607 (Slackware)
June 10th, 2014
- I’ve made a new version of Exton|Defender 64 bit based on Slackware 14.1. It uses Mate 1.8.1 and kernel 3.14.5-x86_64-exton. The Mate Desktop environment is not included in Slackware’s official repositories. To be able to install Mate in Exton|Defender I had to add Salix‘s repositories. The MATE Desktop Environment is the continuation of GNOME 2. It provides an intuitive and attractive desktop environment using traditional metaphors for Linux and other Unix-like operating systems. Note: I’ve also arranged it so that version 140607 can run from RAM. I wonderful way to run a Linux system. I.e. super fast! When Exton|Defender has booted up from the USB stick you can eject the stick. I’ve also changed kernel from kernel 3.14-x86_64-exton to kernel 3.14.5-x86_64-exton.
New in version 140410 (Slackware) (April 16th, 2014)
- Based on Slackware 14.1.
- It uses Xfce 4.10 and kernel 3.14-x8_64-exton. Kernel 3.14 is the latest stable kernel available from Kernel.org.
New in version \140407 (Fedora)\ (April 7th, 2014)
- Based on Fedora 20
- It uses Cinnamon 2.0.14
- Linux kernel 3.13.8
New in version 140403 (April 5th, 2014)
- I have removed the KDE Desktop environment and installed LXDE instead. KDE is a bit slow when running Mageia live. (I.e. from CD/USB).
- Furthermore I have installed the following rescue and repairing tools: NTFS-3g, GParted 0.16.2, PartImage 0.6.9, Sfdisk (util-linux-ng 2.21.2), Rsync 3.1.0, Ddrescue 1.17, FSArchiver 0.6.17, TestDisk 6.14 and Midnight Commander 4.8.11.
- Other programs (among many others): LibreOffice 4.1.5, NetworkManager, Firefox, Thunderbird, Gimp, Java (JDK) and Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Emacs 24.3, Safecopy 1.7, kernel headers and many compilation tools.
New in version 131203 (December 4th, 2013)
- Based on Slackware 14.1 64-bit
- Xfce 4.10
- Linux kernel 3.12.1-x86_64-exton
New in version 130307 (March 9th, 2013)
- Added one “extra” version (130307) of Exton|Defender based on Fedora 18 64bit.