New in version 4.6.2
November 19th, 2013
- Environment Variable EL_SHELL when using EL_CONNECTION_METHOD=none
- TIMESTAMP output now goes to *LOG file
- LOGAPPEND now correctly appends to default log file name
- INFO, *WARN, *EXP_INFO, *DEBUG when used on CLI over-ride script values
- String Math search/replace & concat functions
- Added *NOINCLUDE to prevent include files from included (old Library Mode behaviour)
New in version 4.6.1 (July 25th, 2013)
- Improves foreach loops using code blocks by normalizing the list variable before executing, Improved login prompt detection, eliminating delay when using EL_CONNECTION_METHOD=none, Improved copy/paste into INTERACT/IDE from Windows and PuTTY.
New in version 4.6.0 (May 29th, 2013)
- Added foreach loop using code blocks
- $list=abc def ghi
- [ $x=$list
- >echo $x
- Added string-math: concat, subtract, search/replace
- Concat -> abc,def,ghi,jkl
- =$list + ,jkl
- Subtract -> abc,ghi
- =$list - ,def
- Search/replace with regex -> def,abc,ghi
- Search/replace without regex -> abc def ghi
- =list//,/ /
- Improved ssh login
- Removed ssh options, should be placed in ~/.ssh/config
- The main purpose is keep it simple. However, the advanced features allow pretty creative scripting.
- The central ideas behind the design are:
- Just keep it simple and portable - it runs on Linux, Mac OS X, *nix, and Windows(with cygwin).
- No syntax errors
- Make the automator's life easier.
New in version 4.5.0 (March 12th, 2013)
- This version enhanced code blocks with "then" and "else" blocks, added an EL_INFINITE_LOOP environment variable that sets a user's default infinite loop protection, shortened expect-lite help, and enhanced the man page.
New in version 4.4.1 (January 29th, 2013)
- Version 4.4.1 fixes a bug when using *LOG on the command-line.
New in version 4.4.0 (January 21st, 2013)
- expect-lite turns 8!
- Added native logging to a file (finally) using *LOG directive:
- Log to a default file name .log
- Or log to user supplied file name, *LOG /tmp/myfile.log
- Log only sections of script using *LOG and *NOLOG
- Append to existing log file with *LOGAPPEND
- Improved install.sh for NFS mounted home drives
New in version 4.3.3 (December 5th, 2012)
- Added include file passing var=values with spaces e.g. ~mycinclude.inc var1=this or that var2=just that more of small bug fixes
- Fixed "send" bug "bad flag -1"
- Fixed dyn var capture when "=" are present e.g. +$var=(\d) = STRING
- Fixed single number expect, if number was not on a line by itself
- Added el_shell.elt, a helpful dev script for easy copy and pasting commands
New in version 4.3.1 (June 27th, 2012)
- This version fixes a path bug with include files, ssh (no key) login prompt detection, an *INFINITE_LOOP bug which would double/triple the countdown, and CLI -v,-vv,-vvv overrides of logging (*INFO, *WARN, *DEBUG).
- It works with older versions of expect (older than 5.44.x, such as cygwin, and old Linux installations) and validates EL_CONNECT_METHOD at startup (default=none).
New in version 4.3.0 (April 24th, 2012)
- User defined help was added (run your script with a -h).
- Arguments are now passed to include files (e.g. ~login.inc user=root).
- A new *NOINTERACT directive was added, which is useful for quick regression scripts.
- A ##Include Result: FAIL message was also added for quick regression scripts.