New in version 10.5
August 17th, 2015
- Excelsior JET 10.5 supports Java SE 7 Update 55 (1.7.0_55) out-of-the-box, and the last two Oracle PSUs, Java SE 7 Update 76 (1.7.0_76) and Update 80 (1.7.0_80), with the installation of Maintenance Pack 1 and Maintenance Pack 2, respectively.
- As Java SE 7 has reached End of Public Updates, future Excelsior JET 10.5 Maintenance Packs will only contain bug fixes.
New in version 9.0 MP1 (February 11th, 2014)
- This version fixes a handful of bugs reported by users.
New in version 9.0 (January 15th, 2014)
- This version adds support for Java SE 7 and Linux/x64 and improves the ergonomics of the 64-bit compiler and performance of 64-bit executables.
New in version 8.0 MP1 (August 26th, 2013)
- Excelsior JET 8.0 Maintenance Pack 1 adds support for Equinox OSGi 3.9 and Eclipse RCP 4.3 to the Enterprise Edition.
- It also fixes a number of customer issues and delivers improvements to Memory Management and Garbage Collection logging and diagnostics.
New in version 8.0 (May 1st, 2013)
- Windows x64 support and memory manager throughput/robustness improvements.
New in version 8.0 Beta 3 (March 27th, 2013)
- The AMD64 instruction set is now supported.
- This beta release has passed the official Java Compatibility Kit test suite.
- The optimizing compiler can now handle most methods.
New in version 7.6 MP6 (March 19th, 2013)
- Bugfixes and Java SE 6 Update 41 support.
New in version 7.6 MP5 (January 31st, 2013)
- This version adds Java SE 6 Update 37 support.
New in version 7.6 MP3 (June 28th, 2012)
- This version adds a bucketful of important bugfixes and Java SE 6 Update 33 support.
New in version 7.6 MP2 (May 8th, 2012)
- Support for Java SE 6 Update 31.
New in version 7.6 (September 20th, 2011)
- This is an interim release which enhances performance of optimized applications and improves their stability.
- It also supports newer versions of Java SE 6, Eclipse RCP, and Apache Tomcat.
New in version 7.2 MP2 (June 6th, 2011)
- Adds support for Java SE 6 Update 24.
- Addresses customer issues and incorporates stability fixes backported from the development branch.
New in version 7.2 (July 1st, 2010)
- Builds and application startup were made faster. Usability was enhanced. Java SE 6u20 and Eclipse RCP 3.6 (Helios) are supported.
New in version 6.4 MP1 (December 16th, 2008)
- Support was added for Java SE 6 Update 10, so natively compiled Java applications may now take advantage of the fully accelerated Windows graphics pipeline and the Nimbus look-and-feel.
New in version 6.5 Beta 2 (September 17th, 2008)
- This version will enable you to compile an Eclipse RCP application to a native code executable and distribute it without the original class or jar files.
- Beta 2 improves the quality of Eclipse RCP support and the performance of compiled applications.