New in version R16B03
December 16th, 2013
- A new memory allocation feature called "super carrier" has been introduced. It can for example be used for pre-allocation of all memory that the runtime system should be able to use. It is enabled by passing the +MMscs (size in MB) command line argument. For more information see the documentation of the +MMsco, +MMscrfsd, +MMscrpm, +MMscs, +MMusac, and, +Mlpm command line arguments in the erts_alloc(3) documentation.
- The LDAP client (eldap application) now supports the start_tls operation. This upgrades an existing tcp connection to encryption using TLS, see eldap:start_tls/2 and /3.
- The FTP client (inets application) now supports FTP over TLS (ftps).
New in version R15B02 (September 27th, 2012)
- Dialyzer: The type analysis tool Dialyzer is optimized to be generally faster. - It can now also run in parallel (default) on SMP systems and by this perform the analysis significantly faster (Thanks to Stavros Aronis and Kostis Sagonas)
- The SSL application now has experimental support for the TLS 1.1 and 1.2 standards as well (Thanks to Andreas Schultz).
- CommonTest: It is now possible to sort the generated html tables. A Netconf client (ct_netconf) which support basic netconf over ssh is added
- Diameter: Statistics counters related to Diameter messages can now be retrieved by calling the diameter:service_info/2 function.
- Various smaller optimizations in the Erlang VM
- This release also contains 66 contributions from users outside the Ericsson team
New in version R14B04 (October 21st, 2011)
- Numerous bugfixes.
- The crypto was changed to be dynamically linked against OpenSSL.
- Improved error handling.
- Minor compatibility fixes.
- Documentation cleanup.